*****May Bluebells 2012 ***** So far 23 Pink 17 Blue and 12 Yellow!!!

Yeah it has been quiet here. I've just been following routines and getting through the days. Today sucked. Everything had to be hard for some reason and I woke up grumpy. I bought a slow cooker in the afternoon for therapy! :rofl:

Kendra both me and dh are about 5 ft 6. His side are all short. My brother is 6 ft 5, so I think that's where Gabriel is getting it

Meghan, I notice you are using DH now ;) :happydance:
how's marriage going?
Seems like you've figured out the feeding situation. Gabe is measuring great!

Monique, I finally bought a crockpot last Winter. I can't believe I went 26 years without one.

It was DH's birthday this Sunday. He hates b-days but I think this year he actually enjoyed it. His relationship with his family is a lot better since we got pregnant, and they absolutely love and adore Amy. We had cake and I made him the mandatory card with Amy's hand.

Check out this videos, they are really funny:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RVA-A0RqkhM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JmGmYyDnRhQ&feature=relmfu

Yes, I'm finally using dh...feels weird! Marriage so far had been no different than engaged... Perhaps if wehadn't spent 12 years together before getting married I would feel different... Lol
We have a slow cooker...we never use it though...we probably could, but I'm not much for stew, and I'm not sure what else to make in a slow cooker...

Well I know that these awesome looking carnitas are the first thing going in my cooker!!!

Emery started rolling over this morning! He had been spending the last week trying REALLY hard so it was great to see him successful.

We also had a photoshoot in the forest yesterday with a professional photographer friend of mine. There are also some with my toddler and all three of of but they haven't been edited yet. :cloud9:

Attachments

• 475015_10151056207383870_19831409_o.jpg
    475015_10151056207383870_19831409_o.jpg
    41.3 KB · Views: 4
  • 338921_10151056246238870_50103757_o.jpg
    338921_10151056246238870_50103757_o.jpg
    53 KB · Views: 6
Love the pics, monique!

Amy is rolling over too. And today she rolled over to her belly and then again onto her back O_O Color me impressed.

We are going on her first international trip tomorrow to Montreal! DH isn't coming, so we had to sign a permission form for me to take her out of the country. Crossing the border always makes me anxious U_U

So, is everyone else's hair falling our now too? I hate this part. My bangs have gotten so thin. I just brushing my hair a lot so it sticks to the brush and not the floor.

Happy 4 months to my sweet baby!

My hair is falling out in clumps!! Luckily its thick an long so not noticeable! x

No, luckily, my hair is fine. My gengivitis is back, though =S
Thy say it gets worse with pregnancy but mine actually went away! Now, it's back =(
Also, I was spoiled with how warm I was throughout my pregnancy (given that it can be -15C here in the winter). Now, I'm already cold and it's only September. Booo.

LO turned 4 months old yesterday. She has her second round of shots on Thursday, she'll be a cranky baby for a few days. Besides that, life is good =)

YES! I feel like I should have a bald spot somewhere!

In Gabe news: Im firing his pediatrician. Im so fed up with having my concerns brushed off. He pukes so much, and every time I have asked to have it investigated, she brushes me off, says its just reflux and he'll grow out of it. But, its getting worse, not better. I took him to a well baby clinic on monday and had him weighed pre and post feeding. I fed him 6 oz, so he should have gained 6 oz in his post weight, but he only gained 3 after all his puking. Im having to give him close to 50 oz of formula each day, and I told the ped this, and she just told me to stop overfeeding him. So I only gave him 36 oz for 2 days, and he still puked tons, was miserable, and stopped peeing! Great advice lady! I also asked about putting rice cereal in the bottle. She told me no, just increase his zantac dosing. Well the Zantac did nothing for him. As adults taking the max dose, we would be taking 3-4 mg per kg of weight. Gabe is on 10 mg per kg, and I really dont like that. I tried the rice cereal anyways, and he cried in pain for 2 days. I dont know how he is going to tolerate any solids. I only put a half teaspoon in the bottle, hardly enough to make a differencce! She just refuses to check him out because he doesn't fit the "textbook" picture, and he is gaining weight. I think its because I feed him an obscene amount of food to compensate, and I really dont feel like stopping that to get her to listen. So tomorrow im going back to his regular doctor, and asking for either an ultrasound of his belly, or a referral to a pediatric gastro-enterologist. I wont put him to bed on his back anymore, because when he pukes, he chokes, and im terrified that its going to seriously harm him one day.

Boo. I'm so sorry to hear things aren't going well. Could it be the formula (lactose intolerance)? We've been making huge changes in our diet lately (whole family is now paleo) and I've been reading loads about nutrition. I hope you can get the tummy ultrasound and help him feel better. :hugs:

Just had to convert to pounds!! 22lbs bless that's fab. Glad all is well. Saskia will be weighed tomorrow. Hoping she's got to at least 14lb now x

Thankfully the GP is more reasonable than the pediatrician! We have a referral for an abdominal ultrasound. Hopefully it will get done in the next 2 weeks. She doesn't feel that its a structural issue, but agrees that we should rule it out just in case. He's not the classic picture of pyloric stenosis, but he does have a lot of the typical symtoms. Projectile vomiting after every meal, slow weight gain (in the early days anyways) He is constantly starving, constantly eating. Its also 5 times more likely to occur in a firstborn male than any other child (if that makes sense?)
I was a pukey baby, but I started to clear up around 3.5 months. My mother was told way back when, that boys typically need a surgery to fix an incompetent lower esophageal sphincter... but at least this way I can know that his tummy is fine. I can live with the laundry, the smell, and the constant bathing!

Vesper: From what I have read, a lactose intolerance in babies is actually very rare. the foremilk is very high in lactose, so babies are made to digest it. it only becomes an issue as kids get older and their chemical makeup grows and changes and the enzymes meant to digest it no longer are effective. That being said, its not impossible :)
Your little man is quite the good eater! 22 lbs!!! Gabe is 15.5 lbs, and finally in the 50th percentile. Much better than the 2nd percentile back in his first month! Hes also 28 inches long, which isn't even chartable for a 4 month old. If he were 8 months, it would fall in the 50th percentile! I guess I make them tall!!! Very tall...lol

Good luck at your appointment tomorrow FF!!

Hi ladies!

Meghan, that's awesome that you know what you want for your baby and aren't afraid to stand up to the pediatrician.

I've had a lousy day. We went in for the 4 month check up. She cried the whole appointment. She got her shots, so she's been fussy all day, poor little thing =(
Her hips are great!

But, she's drop off the charts for her weight :(
Ped said he's not too concerned about it. Height and head are great. He also said she's a very "precocious" baby for 4 months, she moves and wiggles a lot, so that may be burning a lot of calories. Also, on my DH's mother's side of the family, everyone is super small. I think his grandmother has been 105lbs for most of her life. And I've seen pics of DH when he was less than a year old and he had Amy's body type: long and lean, no rolls. And he was FF and everything.
Still, hard to tell a mother not to be concerned. He wants me to keep feeding her on demand, just keep doing what I'm doing, and go back in a month to weigh her.

I gave her some baby tylenol to help with he fussiness and she just finally fell asleep. Now I should follow suit.

night!

Awww hugs Nits! Saskia got weighed... Put on a massive 1/2 ounce in 2 weeks. She now weighs 12lb 2. They're happy though as she's maintained and just keep going xx

hahaha, a massive 1/2oz!

I'm feeling a bit better today. Trying not to worry. She's meeting all milestones and she's put on weight ( 1lb 8oz) since her 2-month visit. She's definitely going in the right direction.
I will not supplement, since that will probably mess with my supply. The doctor didn't even mention supplementing anyway.
And she'll be eating solids in a couple of months. We'll go back to the office on Oct 18th and see how it goes.

Thanks Ana. I think being a nurse and therefore used to having Drs listen to me makes it easier to stand up to them. I don't think the pediatrician knows my background in gastroenterology, I would think that if she did, what I wad asking for wouldn't seen so unreasonable. I think she thinks I'm a chronic googler...but oh well.
I don't think you have anything to worry about. Amy sounds like she is healthy, and growing. Same with Saskia, Nic. I'm glad you got a hv that didn't feel the need to push formula. I do think that's where we started to go wrong. Once a regular bottle if formula was introduced, Gabe was less interested in working at breastfeeding, and the more formula he got, the worse my supply got, to the point where there want much incentive for him to nurse... Next baby will not be getting a bottle so quickly in the bfing process, unless losing weight dangerously.

Oh, and dh and I are already planning on trying for baby number 2 in June!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->