*****May Bluebells 2012 ***** So far 23 Pink 17 Blue and 12 Yellow!!!

Thanks Ana!

Gabe has slept through the night for the past 2 nights. Gave me quite the heart attack the first night. I woke up, and seriously thought he was dead. He had slept 10 hours straight.

I feel like I have a whole new baby!

Meghan, that is amazing!!!! After all the fussiness. :happydance:
Amy was still fussy today from the shots. She barely slept during the day. I'm hoping she sleeps all night but I don't know =S

:hi: from over here in Finland! Just enjoying the Summer. DH is currently on vacation for 2 weeks so we are out and about. Emery is doing great, growing, nursing, sleeping, and all that jazz. :thumbup:

Meghan, awesome for answers! Imagine your only source of nutrition being something you are allergic to! I bet Gabe feels SO much better now! :happydance:

Gabe WAS feeling better... But after a few days all the symptoms started up again... So now were on another formula... He seems to be ok on it, but he's back to refusing to sleep, unless he's bounced for half an hour, and I can't put him down. Thankfully the diarrhea had stopped, but I'm still not sure he had the right diagnosis... We have another appointment with the pediatrician tomorrow

Awww. Hope they can get sorted with Gabe. Poor babe :(. Saskia has a bad case if thrush and I've sore nipples :(. She's in Nyastin and I'm on daktarin. Hopefully it'll clear up soon. I'm leaving her for the first time on Saturday. Going to the races with my friends so leaving her at 11.30 till night time!! Have lit's of EBM and oh is as prepared as he is going to be !!! Xx

Meghan, you deserve a medal or something. I'm sorry things are being so hard right now. :hugs:

Monique, enjoy the summer! I'm in VT, so I know about long cold winters. My mom makes fun of us; she says that the moment it's 15C outside, everyone in VT puts on their shirt and shorts and goes outside.

Nic, every day I tell myself "today I start expressing" but it never happens. I go back to work in a month, and I'm also taking two college classes, I need to have milk in the freezer, but I can't bring myself to do it =(
I know I'm being too dramatic about it.

Let me tell you an awesome story. Yesterday, my BF's boyfriend calls me and tells me he wants to stop by to meet Amy. He's a Vermonter, my best friend is from Argentina (she's also Amy's godmother) and lives in Buenos Aires right now.
So, he says he'll stop by to meet the baby and bring a present. I figured it was toys or something. But, I opened the door and my best friend was there!!!! Standing right in front of me!!! I started crying, couldn't believe it. She bought the tickets a month ago and they kept it a secret just to surprise me :)
She's here for a month ^^

Monique, enjoy the summer! I'm in VT, so I know about long cold winters. My mom makes fun of us; she says that the moment it's 15C outside, everyone in VT puts on their shirt and shorts and goes outside.

Let me tell you an awesome story. Yesterday, my BF's boyfriend calls me and tells me he wants to stop by to meet Amy. He's a Vermonter, my best friend is from Argentina (she's also Amy's godmother) and lives in Buenos Aires right now.
So, he says he'll stop by to meet the baby and bring a present. I figured it was toys or something. But, I opened the door and my best friend was there!!!! Standing right in front of me!!! I started crying, couldn't believe it. She bought the tickets a month ago and they kept it a secret just to surprise me :)
She's here for a month ^^

Haha, that's what we do here too! SO awesome about your friend's surprise visit! :happydance:

Hi ladies! Hope all is well since it's so quiet here. I'm guessing we are all out enjoying the sunshine and Summer! :)

:coffee: this lovely child of mine will not sleep... He had me up 6 times last night. Our longest stretch of sleep was 2 hours :coffee:

Monique, the weather here had been lovely but very humid. Gabe wants desperately to be held, but it's so hot he's not happy being held.

We saw the pediatrician, his weight gain was minimal, so she wants us to get him weighed while we are in Toronto. He had only gained 3 oz in the 8 days since she had weighed him last. When we get back from our trip, im going to ask for an U/S of his tummy if he is still puking like he does. Monkey weighs 12 lbs 5oz as of yesterday!

We leave on Friday for Toronto... 20 hours of driving with a fussy infant is not going to be a fun drive... Why I thought a wedding in Toronto, with an brand new baby was a great idea is beyond me...:dohh:

Meghan, your wedding!!!!!! That's amazing!!!!

As far as weight goes, Amy is at 9lbs 9oz =S
I saw someone from the WIC clinic (a gov agency) and she said that at this point, a half ounce a day (as opposed to a whole ounce) is to be expected. 3 ounces in 8 days doesn't sound that bad. She actually told me that babies at 11 weeks weigh around 11/12 lbs. Gabe seems to be right on track for that.

I think I'm going to call Amy's doctor tomorrow and check with her about the weight. The woman at the clinic didn't seems concerned at all, she said Amy is just small. She's in the 5th percentile weight wise...

Ana, has she always been in the 5th percentile? Gabe was in the 2nd percentile for the longest time, but as of there past few weeks he's gaining at least an ounce a day. Now he's in the 20 th percentile for his weight, and he's off the chart for his height... 26 inches... The size of an average 6 month old!!!

She's always been small, never more than 25% for weight. I called her pediatrician today and talked to the nurse and she said they would called me back if they were concerned about it. They never called back, I'm assuming they think it's fine.
She had two dirty diapers today and plenty of wet one. She isn't fussy or anything. I guess she's just small.

Kacey is just at 11 lbs. Height wise I dont think shes grown much as she still has some 0-3 sleepers that are to big. But shes finally out of newborn stuff.

How often does your LO sleep?
Harley's 11weeks old and she sleeps from about 7pm till 6am then has her bottle then goes back to bed till about 10-11am.. then up for more food and sits for a while *1-2h6ours* then wants to nap again... is this normal?? or do i just h6ave a snoozey baby? :sleep:

Ana, sounds like she's getting enough. If she want she'd be letting you know!

Nash: I'm jealous! Gabe does not sleep any longer than 3 hours at a time.

Saskia was sleeping 10 hours, but now she's waking 3 hourly at night and I'm relived!! She isnt gaining weight enough. She only weighs 10lb 12oz. Only putting on 1oz a week for the last 4 weeks and dropped 2 percemtiles. I need her to gain or they'll want her on formula and I'm doing so well BF. Hopefully in 2 weeks she'll have gained and started sleeping again!!
During the day I feed once an hour!!! They're only 5-10 mins but if it's what she needs then fair enough x

Purple_kiwi, Amy is also in 0-3 oneseis and they are ok for length but sooo wide and baggy on her. She still fits into some of the newborn stuff =S
I was reading that by 4 months, babies have usually doubled their birth weight. There's no way amy will do that unless she puts on 4 lbs in a month :dohh:

She always has a stretch at night when she sleeps 5-7 hours. besides that, she's feeding every 2 hours, tops. The bad part is that these last two days, she's been doing 5 hours between 7 and midnight :dohh: when I'm finally ready to go to sleep, she is ready to play.

Teddy will be getting weighed next Wednesday at the same time he gets his 2nd jabs, but I think he weighs about 11lbs, he was 9lb 14oz at 9 weeks and will be 13 weeks tomorrow! He has JUST grown out of newborn size and then it's only because the legs are short, the width is still really baggy! I've put him in 0-3 now and they are all quite baggy even though he's 3 months on Saturday lol.

He sleeps

8-10pm - 5-6am (but this morning it was 8am he woke up!) goes back to sleep til between 9-11am then he's awake til about 2/3pm has a nap til 5 ish then awake til 8/10pm again so he sleeps a lot ha. He sometimes has extra 30mins here and there too when the mood takes him

Harley weighs 10lb3oz, shes getting weighed again on tuesday, i feel like she isnt eating as much as she used to? x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->