*****May Bluebells 2012 ***** So far 23 Pink 17 Blue and 12 Yellow!!!

So excited tomorrow is our first prenatal appointment! And our first ultrasound! I can not wait to see our little one! I have been having not cramps but like pains, almost felt like I pulled a muscle on and off all day! So we will have to ask about that! And the nice thing about my appt tomorrow is its first thing in the morning so I wont have to wait all day!

Sounds like it could be round ligament pains and those are very normal. Good luck at your appointment!

Thanks I am hoping that is all it is! We miscarried at 6 weeks last time so I have already made it past that!! But thanks! I am so excited!

everybody who has had an ultrasound was yours a regular or transvaginal?

thats what I thought but thought I would check!!! I have had plenty of those so should not be to bad!

Mine was transvag at 5+4 weeks and this last one 8 weeks 4 days was just a regular one.

This early along, transvag is your best bet for seeing anything since, in most cases, the uterus hasn't really moved up enough to get a decent view with an external scan.

The only downside is having a tilted uterus, she had to move her wand around in a very uncomfortable manner. Oh well, she got the shots she needed so I shan't complain.

Hi everyone! I'm due May 23rd. This is my first pregnancy, and I'm hoping I do not miscarry. I've been experiencing a little bleeding and very minor cramps for the past few days. Yesterday I passed a small piece of tissue, but nothing else since then. Going in for my second beta test tomorrow to see if my levels are increasing as expected. :-/ Really nervous. This pregnancy was a surprise for us, and we found out less than a week ago, but I've already gotten really excited about the idea.

Ladies, I guess in different countries the meds the prescribe for m/s are different. I just read up on Diclectin (the m/s pills I took for a few months with my son when I was pregnant with him) and what the dr would give me if I decided to have them now and they are ONLY available in Canada so unfortunately for anyone who is out of the country wont be able to get it. I know that Canada is VERY strict on things that we can and can't have in our supplements and medications so I know it would be safe to take but I dont want to take anything as of right now and have been managing with holistic things so that's a plus. My morning sickness is 24/7 and right now I can't sleep I feel SO sick. I keep MOST of my food down and am able to hold in my prenatal vitamins and gingerale and the most I've eaten that's "bad food" was a chocolate bar (but I couldn't help myself!) lol I'm on a very strict healthy diet as I am high risk so just taking the extra precautions :)

I had a transvaginal... I think it will be another one when I go in at 8+3 because all my weight is in my belly :(

Ladies, I guess in different countries the meds the prescribe for m/s are different. I just read up on Diclectin (the m/s pills I took for a few months with my son when I was pregnant with him) and what the dr would give me if I decided to have them now and they are ONLY available in Canada so unfortunately for anyone who is out of the country wont be able to get it. I know that Canada is VERY strict on things that we can and can't have in our supplements and medications so I know it would be safe to take but I dont want to take anything as of right now and have been managing with holistic things so that's a plus. My morning sickness is 24/7 and right now I can't sleep I feel SO sick. I keep MOST of my food down and am able to hold in my prenatal vitamins and gingerale and the most I've eaten that's "bad food" was a chocolate bar (but I couldn't help myself!) lol I'm on a very strict healthy diet as I am high risk so just taking the extra precautions :)

I think I read that that particular m/s med used to be available in the States too but they thought it wasn't safe and took it off the shelves. It's since been proven to be safe (obviously) but I guess we just don't have it still. However I read that you can take Unisom & B6 vitamins as that is essentially the same thing as Diclectin.

My doc prescribed me Zofran (I'm in the States) and it's an anti-nausea that works very well.

DO try the B6 I have not had any MS and I take it daily w/ my prenatal.

I tried just adding B6 but it did nothing to help me, personally.

Hmm interesting. What mg are you taking? I did 200mg. I think pretty much any remedy isn't going to have a 100% success rate.

Everyone added and up to date!!
They are very loathed to give anything for MS in the UK due to the drug Thalidomide given to women back in the 70's. I think unless you have Hypermesis then generally you have to sort of just get on with it!!
I feel less sickly today which is good for being able to function but then im worry that it's gone!! Blah, no doubt it will be back tomorrow lol

Family.... i had regular US on both occasions havent had a transvaginal yet maybe tomorrow...raspberry here i come :happydance:
please keep me in your prayers that baby is growing despite lack of MS....

Hi everyone! Just checking in with an update. I've been in the hospital since Saturday with gall stones. It turns out that that extreme heartburn I was experiencing wasn't actually that at all! The doctors want to removed the whole gall bladder but the pregnancy has been making it complicated. They can't take x-rays to access the situation and an MRI is not recommended during the 1st trimester. Basically I just wait for my blood tests everyday and see where it takes us. Rather boring. Thankfully I'm not in pain now but I can't eat either because then the pain comes back. :( On a more positive note, I got an ultasound for the baby (WAY earlier than they usually give them here) and saw the heartbeat! :D I thought I was 8+2 but it's only measuring 7 weeks which will most likely change my due date to May 17th. I will have it confirmed by my next US on Oct 27th but you can move me for now. Hope this is all resolved soon because I WANT A BACON CHEESEBURGER AND NOW!!!!! :rofl:

I feel sick and exhausted too and this blasted cold has gotten worse - just ate lunch as was starving and think it is gonna come back up (sorry tmi) work was a killer yday and my boss guessed as I nearly passed out 4 times *sigh* off for a nap as back to work again tomorrow :(

Hi everyone! Just checking in with an update. I've been in the hospital since Saturday with gall stones. It turns out that that extreme heartburn I was experiencing wasn't actually that at all! The doctors want to removed the whole gall bladder but the pregnancy has been making it complicated. They can't take x-rays to access the situation and an MRI is not recommended during the 1st trimester. Basically I just wait for my blood tests everyday and see where it takes us. Rather boring. Thankfully I'm not in pain now but I can't eat either because then the pain comes back. :( On a more positive note, I got an ultasound for the baby (WAY earlier than they usually give them here) and saw the heartbeat! :D I thought I was 8+2 but it's only measuring 7 weeks which will most likely change my due date to May 17th. I will have it confirmed by my next US on Oct 27th but you can move me for now. Hope this is all resolved soon because I WANT A BACON CHEESEBURGER AND NOW!!!!! :rofl:
Oh sorry about the gallstones. Hope you start to feel better soon sweet. I'll
Change your date this evening just about to go on the school run!!! Glad the scan was all good xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->