May Due Dates ! Let's start a thread

so sorry u lost one twin, but fx for a h and h 6 more months for ur lo.

I had my 12 week scan last week, at 14 weeks! all looks good in there! I know u can't tell by scans but I swear this baby has the same profile as my dd!

how is everyone else doing?

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    34.5 KB · Views: 0
TurtleMuffin - I am so sorry for the loss of the twin. I am so glad that you still have the active little one though. I hope you are doing well and that you get over the sickness quick.

How is everyone doing? I hope you all had a happy Thanksgiving!!

Yes, losing a twin is a mixed bag of emotions, when I had the scan the sonographer said I'm sorry I have bad news... I just went cold, I couldn't see the screen and thought it was all over, I'd hopped on the bench for the scan saying how it was twins, and I'd just bought my husband two little pairs of newborn booties.... When she said one twin wasn't developing, I was sick to my stomach and also relieved that one was left, I cried so much she couldn't scan as I couldn't stop sobbing, so she left us for 15 mins and came back... I was so sad, but then I wanted to see the one left, so she did the scan and it was amazing to see th little person wriggling around, so I was crying again but happy to see him/her... It's very mixed feelings, but what can you do? You have to carry on and be grateful for what you have got! I think it was probably a common thing, but with ivf you get a 7 week scan so early twins are detected, if we have just had a 12 week scan we wouldn't have known and they may e wouldn't have mentioned the little bean that was tiny...I don't know.

Anyway, we are well, apart from the sicky, but I think it may be getting a bit better, I've bought a angel heart baby Doppler, but my GP says not to use it, I have midwife on Friday so I'll ask her too... Have anyone got one? What do you think? I'm soooo glad you're all still here and doing well, only five and a bit months to go!!!! Xxxx

Yes, losing a twin is a mixed bag of emotions, when I had the scan the sonographer said I'm sorry I have bad news... I just went cold, I couldn't see the screen and thought it was all over, I'd hopped on the bench for the scan saying how it was twins, and I'd just bought my husband two little pairs of newborn booties.... When she said one twin wasn't developing, I was sick to my stomach and also relieved that one was left, I cried so much she couldn't scan as I couldn't stop sobbing, so she left us for 15 mins and came back... I was so sad, but then I wanted to see the one left, so she did the scan and it was amazing to see th little person wriggling around, so I was crying again but happy to see him/her... It's very mixed feelings, but what can you do? You have to carry on and be grateful for what you have got! I think it was probably a common thing, but with ivf you get a 7 week scan so early twins are detected, if we have just had a 12 week scan we wouldn't have known and they may e wouldn't have mentioned the little bean that was tiny...I don't know.

Anyway, we are well, apart from the sicky, but I think it may be getting a bit better, I've bought a angel heart baby Doppler, but my GP says not to use it, I have midwife on Friday so I'll ask her too... Have anyone got one? What do you think? I'm soooo glad you're all still here and doing well, only five and a bit months to go!!!! Xxxx

I know how hard it is. I have had two miscarriages, it's heart wrenching!

I have the doppler too and I use it all the time. well like twice a week. It's so hard not to!

I have the doppler too and I use it all the time. well like twice a week. It's so hard not to!

Thanks for this, this was our last try at ivf, after two other miscarriages not including losing the twin, it's a horrible thing isn't it, but I guess it makes you feel more grateful when it's ok... I'll ask my midwife about the Doppler, I want to use it to check when I'm feeling well, as usually I'm just sick so I know things are at least ok... Still keeping everything's crossed though!!!! X

Thanks for this, this was our last try at ivf, after two other miscarriages not including losing the twin, it's a horrible thing isn't it, but I guess it makes you feel more grateful when it's ok... I'll ask my midwife about the Doppler, I want to use it to check when I'm feeling well, as usually I'm just sick so I know things are at least ok... Still keeping everything's crossed though!!!! X

I am sending you lots of love and prayers! <3

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->