May flowers 2016

I'm having some spotting... It was just a few spots of peach yesterday morning, then this morning a tiny bit of brown, and now a bit of pink. Really hoping everything is ok. We tried for so long for this baby, and I don't know if I can handle another loss.

fx for you drjo and michellebelle!

Kitteh_Kat: I plan on working out. 30 min workouts a day. I start today actually. But I hear ya on the napping. all I want to do is sleep sometimes.

Congrats to u All I got my BFP this weekend verified by BW yesterday due date 5/11!!!

I'm 39and will be 40 b4 I have this baby and I have several MCs in the past so I'm taking it one day at a time

Might try to make a Group for PAL after my Beta Friday!!!

Best of luck to u All Hope u All have a Happy Healthy 9mos!!

Good luck, drjo718! I had brown and pink discharge with DD early on, and everything turned out fine. Maybe see if you can get an early appointment just for reassurance?

Aayla - awesome! Do you mind sharing what workouts you plan on doing? I have yoga, walking, and jogging down, but at a loss for what else to do!

I'm having some spotting... It was just a few spots of peach yesterday morning, then this morning a tiny bit of brown, and now a bit of pink. Really hoping everything is ok. We tried for so long for this baby, and I don't know if I can handle another loss.

Good luck, drjo718! I had brown and pink discharge with DD early on, and everything turned out fine. Maybe see if you can get an early appointment just for reassurance?

Aayla - awesome! Do you mind sharing what workouts you plan on doing? I have yoga, walking, and jogging down, but at a loss for what else to do!

I am a die hard Beachbody fan. So I was thinking either 21 day fix, Body Beast or a combo of the 2. I was thinking to create my own hybrid because in December a new program that has both of those trainers is coming out and I would love to have a nice basis behind me in 3 months so I may actually be able to do it while pregnant. I'll be well into my 2nd trimester so not sure.
I would love to follow the 21 Fix meal plan. I lost 8lbs and 7.5 inches the first time. And I'm not cutting calories, I actually eat a lot. Right now I am waiting to be able to cook in my house. We have a leak and the stove is out of commission. I'm going to use my electric bbq (which is a no no) but we have been living off of take out and it's just not healthy. I'm over 300lbs so I would like to lose weight during the pregnancy in a very healthy way. For me that would be cutting out the crap. lol

I've heard that a lot of things can cause bleeding, so unless it's bright red, it's nothing to worry about! Fx everything is absolutely fine.

For working out, I just plan on doing a lot of walking. After work a few days a week, then really long weekend walks. I also may look into some prenatal yoga videos.

Due to my area of work, I had to tell basically my entire office asap, so I told them today! I work at a children's dentist, and I have to let everyone know I can't take X-rays.
I would have really like to wait a month or two before telling everyone though. We probably won't tell our families for a few weeks.

I called to set up my first appointment today with my midwife. I have to have an appointment on a Friday, and I was told only a few of their midwives in takes. So they aren't there every single friday, and as of now they are booked out. :/ She wrote my name down for October 2nd, and told me I could keep calling to see if anyone cancels for Sept. 11th
For the October 2nd date, I think I would be about 8 1/2 weeks. I would like to go sooner, but I guess that's reasonable. I've thought about seeing if I could get in to an OBGYN office before then just to go, but that's a little silly lol.
When are you all having your first appointment?

Hi everyone and thank you for setting this group up. I found out last Friday that I'm pregnant with my first! FF app says I'm due May 5th.

I'm so excited and also so anxious. Each day that passes means this bean is getting stickier, but we are programmed to worry, aren't we?!

I'm a teacher and start back at school tomorrow so the fact that I'm typing this at 2am UK time is not good news. I'm not sure if the insomnia is due to new school year or the pregnancy, but I'm so hot and my skin is all prickly.

In the UK, we can't see a midwife until after 8 weeks, so I'm booked in for 8+4, when she's back from leave. We get our first scan at 12 weeks. I'm going to go mad waiting for this because I don't want to announce it until after that! Everyone knows how much I've been wanting a baby, so keeping it secret at work will involve evasion and some white lies this week!
So far we have told our parents and siblings and a couple of good friends. That will have to be enough for now.

Drjo718, I hope the spotting was nothing serious. Did you ask the doctor? Fx xx

Congrats on the new BFPs! :happydance:

I'd love to do Beachbody's Les Mills Combat program, but I think I'll wait until after the pregnancy to start it - looks intense! I lost all my weight using MyFitnessPal to track what I consume, so I plan to keep using it to hopefully keep unnecessary weight off. Got almost an hour's worth of light jogging in today, despite just wanting to lay on the couch and read.

Hope your stove gets fixed soon, Aayla!

ja14 - I have an appointment next Friday with my general health doctor to confirm pregnancy, so I can get the referral to Women's Health to start prenatal care. With DD I had civilian insurance, so I was able to just call an OB and get an appointment at 8 weeks. There's a place off post that does elective ultrasounds at 8 weeks for only $50, so if I can't get an appointment at 8 weeks/they won't do an ultrasound we're going to go pay to have a sneak peak (and then announce on Facebook). :) Definitely keep calling to see if there's a cancellation though!

Hope you get some rest, elliecain! Good luck with your first day back!

Elliecain - You are due the same as me. My ticker says May 3 but FF says May 5 lol. I go with May 5th.

My first scan is in exactly 2 weeks. at the 7 week mark. I'm with a fertility clinic and I think they get me through my first scan or first trimester and then I go back to my doctor. I get to have an ultrasound that day too. FX to see the little heart beating.

Work out hasn't happened yet today. We've had roofers in to check where the leak is coming from. It looks like they may have fixed it this time. FX. We'll know for sure if it starts to rain harder. I also had my first bout of nausea. I was really hoping this symptom would pass me by. lol I've had lots of heartburn but nothing has made me gag until today. I'm thinking I'm just going to have to suck it up and work out in the morning. Normally I am an evening workout person but since getting pregnant all I want to do is sleep come the afternoon.

I feel you! I prefer the evening as well, but I usually try to do it early afternoon during DD's nap. Hopefully everything is fixed now with the roof!

If the nausea is in the morning, try eating a Saltine cracker when you first wake up to see if it helps. :)

Well ladies...af is officially late. lol Nausea isn't too bad. Chocolate is the main cause. I love chocolate but right now my body does not. So I'm keeping it at a bare min to none. Which is good anyway for weight loss.
I can use my stove again so I am looking forward to cooking proper meals instead of eating cheap take out.
I have lost 6lbs in the last 2 weeks! Which is amazing since we have been living on take out for most of the last week. But my appetite has gone down considerably and not due to nausea. Just don't feel like eating. I would love to lose 5 more in the next two so I am under 300 when I see my doc.

Officially pregnant (if the positive HPTs weren't enough)! I got bloodwork done this morning and at 13 dpo my levels are 129.

Nice number! No one believed me until I got numbers back. lol and now hubby is happy because af is officially late. People are so weird.

So I don't know if I can wait 9 months to find out the gender. I already want to know. I love calling it Little Bean but he or she would be better. I also figured out that I will be 21 weeks on December 22. 3 days before Christmas! Wouldn't it be great to have one last gift be the gender reveal? I was thinking I would give my best friend 2 pairs of booties, one pink and one blue. She can wrap whichever one is appropriate and give the wrapped box back to me and then I would put the gift under the tree and open it in front of my parents and family.

I think DH and I will find out the gender when we can. I'm such a planner, I want to know and buy a few cute outfits that aren't gender-neutral.

I think DH and I will find out the gender when we can. I'm such a planner, I want to know and buy a few cute outfits that aren't gender-neutral.

I think that even if we do find out I would keep it gender neutral just in case. But have one or two outfits that were gender specific. When my mom was pregnant with my sister they were told it was a boy in the ultrasound. They were so excited as there was already me and my other sister. When she was born well...guess it was the umbilical cord in the pic. lol My mom was freaking out because it was a new marriage and she was afraid my dad (step) wouldn't love the baby now that it was girl. Crazy birthing brain haha.

But for now I'm still back and forth on it. We have planned the nursery to be Winnie the Pooh themed and, if we get the house we want to rent, we will be painting it a light green. I had this planned ages ago because then it didn't matter if we found out and it was wrong or didn't find out at all.

Ooh that makes sense. It could always be wrong. Yes, I think I'll prob stick with mostly gender-neutral stuff anyways that could be reused for another baby.

Congrats, everyone! I am officially late today as well, and managed to restrain myself from using my last FRER. :haha:

We are definitely going for an elective ultrasound at 15 weeks because there is no way I can resist finding out. I had to know with DD as well, and it made it seem more real knowing I was carrying my little girl in there. We still did a gender neutral nursery (Lion King) though. This time we're going to do Star Wars for either gender; I just need to know if I need to wash all of DD's old clothes or start stocking up on boy's. I really want to do those gender reveal cupcakes where everyone bites into them to see what it is. :)

Well done on the weight loss, Aayla!

I wish I was off food, but I'm staaaaarving. I had four slices of pizza tonight for dinner, but at least I jogged for 50 minutes. :wacko:

I love that gender reveal idea! I might see if the person doing the scan can put the appropriately coloured thing in a box then dh and I open it at Christmas in front of family. Making my cry thinking about it!!! I really want to know the gender, even though I always said I'd want it to be a surprise.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->