May & June 2022 Munchkins

Congrats on your baby girl Bloblo! I found the best part of having 3 in a row is they share everything and you save a ton of money :rofl:

Sounds like an exciting trip to Africa!

So guys I just dropped a stupid amount of money on one of those play couches for the kids. We got a Joey (it’s like the Canadian Nugget). The boys have been trampolining off our furniture lately and making me absolutely crazy. They’ve been pushing our chairs/couches together to make an obstacle course and then dive bombing off it all, and it’s ruining the couch. So I got this play couch in the hopes they can mangle that instead :rofl:

Do any of you guys have one of those? I’m hoping it’s worth it, I’ve only seen rave reviews. I just got one because of the price tag, but from what I’ve heard it’s still big enough for them to do lots with.

I've never heard of this being from the UK but it sounds ace! Hope your kids have fun jumping on that instead of your sofa :haha:

I am soooo bad at updating here, but am reading every word and sending you all good thoughts and energy all the time. I will be 20w tomorrow and it almost feels unreal.

@PrettyInInk42 You can update the first page, we are having a girl! :pink:

I am really excited for our 3rd girl, but also feeling like i am missing out on being a boy mom and that makes me sad. So quite mixed feelings here. We are really struggling to find a name that fits both our cultures. We've used up all our girl names.
She is healthy and all looked great with our anatomy scan. Too bad dh had to stay outside due to COVID rules. I can feel daily movements now and it is making it a bit easier to start bonding with her.
We are hoping to take a trip to Africa next month. It will be tough flying with the 2 toddlers, but it's also our last chance to visit my family before we're outnumbered.
I have also decided to use at least 2 days a week to practice painting again. I'd like to try to get good enough to sell some stuff before the end of my maternity leave (August '23) in the hopes that I can generate enough income to not have to go back to my corporate job. Dunno yet if that is just a pipedream or if it can be a realistic business.
So as you can see there are many things happening here, all exciting and all exhausting.
View attachment 1105660

Oh wow, first of all great pic of your little lady, and congratulations on dd3. I'm a mum of 2 girls and I have a suspicion this will be a third daughter I'm carrying.
Secondly I say go for it with the art! If it's what you love to do and can dedicate some time to see if it could work for you then do it! What sort of art/painting do you do? Xx

I've booked a 4d scan for week 29, my two dds can come along to that. I can't wait to be able to see little one's face on screen. And I think it will be great for my two girls to see and connect with baby a little. Hoping they can do the scan without revealing the gender as I really don't want to know! I've read they mainly focus on the face at these scans and I guess if I tell them beforehand to try and keep away from the area, hopefully it's doable! Anyone any experience with this, I've never had a 3d or 4d scan in my previous pregnancies x

I've booked a 4d scan for week 29, my two dds can come along to that. I can't wait to be able to see little one's face on screen. And I think it will be great for my two girls to see and connect with baby a little. Hoping they can do the scan without revealing the gender as I really don't want to know! I've read they mainly focus on the face at these scans and I guess if I tell them beforehand to try and keep away from the area, hopefully it's doable! Anyone any experience with this, I've never had a 3d or 4d scan in my previous pregnancies x

I enter this contest a 4d ultrasound chain runs all the time and I’ve won twice for a free scan :haha: so I’ve done one with each baby around 25 weeks. They can definitely avoid the genital area because baby is big and they want pictures of their face. This is a pic I got of my oldest - they’re really cool! My other 2 kids didn’t cooperate so I didn’t get nice pictures with them haha.

A1494FD3-A317-4ABD-BF21-FA153F2BE84A.jpeg

Ahh great to know! It's all so exciting! Counting down to my anomaly scan now on 11th Feb xx

Oh wow, first of all great pic of your little lady, and congratulations on dd3. I'm a mum of 2 girls and I have a suspicion this will be a third daughter I'm carrying.
Secondly I say go for it with the art! If it's what you love to do and can dedicate some time to see if it could work for you then do it! What sort of art/painting do you do? Xx
I do oils mostly, I love surrealism, but think I might start out just with landscapes and some abstracts. I have a loooooong way to go...
You can follow me on instagram if you want :haha:
Login • Instagram

Two more weeks until my ultrasound and I’m impatient. XD Been feeling baby move a lot more lately.

Hi everyone - I'm 21w1d today and really can't even believe it. I'm feel movements daily now as well like many others were saying. I'm finding it's very helpful with bonding and coping with the fact that I'm having a girl.

I'm hoping to pick out a paint colour for the nursery this week, I think that will help as well.

I did a little retail therapy too, most of the girl clothes were completely repulsive to me. I hate the sparkles and the glitter and the tutus and the PINK. I dunno, seems I'm just drawn to the boy stuff. Hopefully she's born with lots of hair for me to style because people are going to probably think shes a boy when she's always dressed in neutrals.

Hi everyone - I'm 21w1d today and really can't even believe it. I'm feel movements daily now as well like many others were saying. I'm finding it's very helpful with bonding and coping with the fact that I'm having a girl.

I'm hoping to pick out a paint colour for the nursery this week, I think that will help as well.

I did a little retail therapy too, most of the girl clothes were completely repulsive to me. I hate the sparkles and the glitter and the tutus and the PINK. I dunno, seems I'm just drawn to the boy stuff. Hopefully she's born with lots of hair for me to style because people are going to probably think shes a boy when she's always dressed in neutrals.
My girls didn't own a single pink or sparkly thing apart from those that were given to us. Once Leila turned 3, she started insisting on pink and unicorns and rainbows, but before that it was all dinosaurs, and blue and green. Do I care that random strangers think my girls are boys? Not even a bit :haha: You are clearly a woman and not wearing sparkly pink stuff, so the baby can do the same! Mine also play mostly with trucks and cars and blocks etc, there are no "boy" toys that don't work well for girls.
As a huge bonus, my girls are both "daddy's girls", so when he is home I get to sit and relax a bit while he is being attacked by toycars and forced to swing them up in the air etc.

I had my OB appointment today, they had me do the gestational test and it looks like I passed the test. I was told that my hemoglobin and hematocrit are low so I'm guessing that means I'm anemic? I have not heard from the doctor about it yet. They also did another ultrasound to get pics they couldn't at my anatomy scan. It seems like that went well too. I didn't get a really good scan pic though she was curled up most of the time.

IMG_20220125_115030381~2.jpg

I had my OB appointment today, they had me do the gestational test and it looks like I passed the test. I was told that my hemoglobin and hematocrit are low so I'm guessing that means I'm anemic? I have not heard from the doctor about it yet. They also did another ultrasound to get pics they couldn't at my anatomy scan. It seems like that went well too. I didn't get a really good scan pic though she was curled up most of the time.

View attachment 1105707
Aww lovely scan picture !

Yeah your iron levels must be low . Probably will need some iron supplements !

Just had my anatomy scan so happy. Baby is doing good. Then right after the doctor basically ruins it for me. I heard Nothing but sarcasm and eye rolling and scare tactics from him about not getting flu vaccine and the c word vaccine. Saying baby can be still born, early labor and more. Then more about me going to hospital for turning down flu vaccine he was such a jerk to me and questioned me having a tubal reversal like he didn't believe I did.

Aww lovely scan picture !

Yeah your iron levels must be low . Probably will need some iron supplements !

I checked my online chart and the Dr. Just said values are normal even though they were flagged as low. I think I will just add an iron supplement. I had to do the same in my last 2 pregnancies. I'm just a little confused they said I have to see an OB instead of a midwife so they could keep a closer eye on me, but the midwife I had for my last 2 pregnancies seemed to be more on top of things!

Just had my anatomy scan so happy. Baby is doing good. Then right after the doctor basically ruins it for me. I heard Nothing but sarcasm and eye rolling and scare tactics from him about not getting flu vaccine and the c word vaccine. Saying baby can be still born, early labor and more. Then more about me going to hospital for turning down flu vaccine he was such a jerk to me and questioned me having a tubal reversal like he didn't believe I did.
I'm glad you had a nice scan! I hate when doctors do that! I was worried I was going to be pressured to get the "c" vaccine. Thankfully she just put it in my chart and left it at that. I already had covid and was also given antibodies, don't see a purpose for the shot. Hopefully the next time you have an appt they will be nicer!

That’s frustrating. There isn’t a lot of data around stillbirth rates in association with Covid-19 and vaccination in the sense that although your risk of stillbirth is higher if you are infected with Covid, there is no existing data that shows whether you are less at risk when vaccinated with Covid vs unvaccinated with Covid as a pregnant person. If that makes sense. They only have data on stillbirth rates and Covid infections and they don’t differentiate vaccination status. The most current data suggests you are just as likely to catch Covid as someone with 2 doses, but if you have 3 they say your protection is better against infection (I believe they say it’s about 67%). Although vaccination lowers your ICU risk, your hospitalization risk is similar to someone with 2-doses (at least here in Ontario, the ratio of Covid patients in hospital is similar to the ratio of vaccinated to unvaccinated). So you could argue that vaccination could potentially lower your stillbirth risk, but there really isn’t any specific existing data to support that yet.

Anyways, if you aren’t vaccinated the best thing you can do is try and avoid infection. To be protected against Omicron you really need 3 doses and by the time you get caught up Omicron will be long gone since you need 8 weeks between your first doses and 4-6 months to get boosted (depending on where you live). I would just hunker down as best you can until cases slow in your area, but don’t stress about what others think. Everyone’s just doing what they think is best for their family :hugs:

Crazy - I find midwives are less overloaded than the OB’s so they tend to know you and your particulars a bit better. I usually see both and find the midwife appointments are about 30-45 minutes and I see the OB like max 10 minutes :haha:

Going to brave Costco this week, I haven’t done a big shop in a while and I’m a bit worried about the supply chain issues. Hoping it won’t be too crazy in there :wacko:

I checked my online chart and the Dr. Just said values are normal even though they were flagged as low. I think I will just add an iron supplement. I had to do the same in my last 2 pregnancies. I'm just a little confused they said I have to see an OB instead of a midwife so they could keep a closer eye on me, but the midwife I had for my last 2 pregnancies seemed to be more on top of things!

Yeah , there’s normal and borderline normal which my GP won’t treat only if it’s “low”. I had low iron and b12 with DS ended up getting 8 shots of b12 over a course of 2.5 weeks damnn those hurt like hell haha.

I’m finding everything annoying this time around with lack of appointments/contact with a midwife and the whole online pregnancy notes. I don’t see my midwife for another 5ish weeks when I will be 28 weeks last time I seen her I was 16 weeks . The length of time between these appointments is ridiculous . Sorry that turned into a little rant haha xx

I forgot to add the picture! Nylah Rose is 1 lb 7 oz..kicking and moving like crazy to where the ultrasound technician has me on my side digging hard to get pictures lol. What's odd is I see a second face but she didn't mention anything about twins. So maybe just an error.

301292484.jpg

Was talking to my kids on video chat and they were arguing on weather baby will be a boy or a girl. Hannah says she wants it to be a girl because she doesn’t want another annoying brother and Joseph wants it to be a boy because he already has 2 sisters. XD

Oh my gosh Cinnamon that is so weird about the second face :rofl: it was probably a glitch with the sonagram. I really love the name you picked.

Yoshi I’m glad your kids are excited to meet their new sibling!

I have an appointment with the OB on the 23rd to talk about tying my tubes. So bittersweet for me but I feel very, very done :shock:

In other news that play couch I bought is coming tomorrow! Super excited as I expected to wait into March.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->