May & June 2022 Munchkins

I personally got the covid vaccines 2 shots before I was pregnant and the booster when I was 20 weeks pregnant . Wasn’t a easy choice to make I went back an forth .

I did read a few articles which stated the same as Sander mentioned , more likely to need ICU treatment if unvaccinated when pregnant and increased risk of still birth if you catch covid in third tri .

It’s a personal choice and no one should be forced / pressured into getting the vaccine.
I forgot to add the picture! Nylah Rose is 1 lb 7 oz..kicking and moving like crazy to where the ultrasound technician has me on my side digging hard to get pictures lol. What's odd is I see a second face but she didn't mention anything about twins. So maybe just an error.

View attachment 1105745
wow that’s crazy I totally see a second face !!

I've had 2 vaccines but I've personally chosen not to have the booster whilst pregnant. I've also already had covid. Thankfully I've not had any pressure from anyone regarding this.

I've now got a cot, pram and some other bits sorted. Getting excited buying things, however being team yellow makes buying a bit harder haha.

Can't wait now for my 20 week scan! 2 weeks today!

How is everyone doing? X

Aww that’s super exciting @MrsT116 ! I love buying new baby stuff ! I’ve seen a pram I absolutely love but the colour is out of stock until July so that’s no good . So I am thinking of just getting the black/silver but this is also out of stock . The retailer is expecting them back in stock . I really hope so !

We already have all the big items in perfect condition, so we will be reusing them from DS. I need a new mattress for the Moses basket though . Will start picking little bits up next month but I’ve not really been anywhere apart from grocery shopping !

I’ve been getting BH a lot this week . Didn’t get them this early in past pregnancies . I really should drink more water anyways !

It's so exciting getting things sorted for baby! We were going through some of the clothes we already had and I found a tote full of newborn baby girls clothes. I am glad that we don't really have to buy much in the way of clothes. It was also fun looking through them and remembering our 2 other daughters in them! We have a stroller and an infant car seat but I cannot seem to find all the belts for the seat. My husband said we should buy another seat, so I have been looking around for one that will fit the stroller. I found one I like but they are currently out of stock, so hopefully it will be in soon. A friend of mine dropped off a baby rocker and jumparoo for me yesterday as well as an over the shoulder diaper bag. When my husband saw the baby gear in our living room he said it made him excited for our baby girl to be here! It still feels like we have a long time to wait but I know she will be here before we know it. I'm so eager to get everything set up for her but I know it too early for some of it. She has been moving around a lot and I feel her throughout the day, I just love it! I'm trying to soak it all up because she will most likely be our last.

Aw so exciting guys!! We have so much baby gear already we aren’t really buying anything new - just girl clothes. And I’ve been trying not to buy too many :haha:

One thing that’s been on our mind a lot has been moving - we are rapidly outgrowing our house but can’t afford to buy again in Ontario. I have a relative who is considering us selling a plot of land for very very cheap near the American border - and if that went through we would actually be able to build a home (which is something we never ever thought we could do).

We are waiting to hear back as there’s an application process through the city etc, I’m hoping to know what’s happening with it in the next month or so. Otherwise we will be moving to Nova Scotia where we’ve never been before :shock: No matter what happens we’d like to list our house in Spring 2023, which I know is going to come up super fast!!

Aww that’s super exciting @MrsT116 ! I love buying new baby stuff ! I’ve seen a pram I absolutely love but the colour is out of stock until July so that’s no good . So I am thinking of just getting the black/silver but this is also out of stock . The retailer is expecting them back in stock . I really hope so !

We already have all the big items in perfect condition, so we will be reusing them from DS. I need a new mattress for the Moses basket though . Will start picking little bits up next month but I’ve not really been anywhere apart from grocery shopping !

I’ve been getting BH a lot this week . Didn’t get them this early in past pregnancies . I really should drink more water anyways !

Hopefully you can get the colour you want. It is exciting!! Ooh BHs, I'm trying to remember how early they started in my previous pregnancies but can't remember :dohh:

Aw so exciting guys!! We have so much baby gear already we aren’t really buying anything new - just girl clothes. And I’ve been trying not to buy too many :haha:

One thing that’s been on our mind a lot has been moving - we are rapidly outgrowing our house but can’t afford to buy again in Ontario. I have a relative who is considering us selling a plot of land for very very cheap near the American border - and if that went through we would actually be able to build a home (which is something we never ever thought we could do).

We are waiting to hear back as there’s an application process through the city etc, I’m hoping to know what’s happening with it in the next month or so. Otherwise we will be moving to Nova Scotia where we’ve never been before :shock: No matter what happens we’d like to list our house in Spring 2023, which I know is going to come up super fast!!

Oh wow exciting stuff!! I'd love to either move or extend where we are. Houses in US and Canada seem to be way bigger than in the UK, yours is probably way bigger than ours here. I'm in a 3 bed semi detached, and would just love an extra bedroom really. Which location would you prefer, and would you be moving further from your families? xx

It's so exciting getting things sorted for baby! We were going through some of the clothes we already had and I found a tote full of newborn baby girls clothes. I am glad that we don't really have to buy much in the way of clothes. It was also fun looking through them and remembering our 2 other daughters in them! We have a stroller and an infant car seat but I cannot seem to find all the belts for the seat. My husband said we should buy another seat, so I have been looking around for one that will fit the stroller. I found one I like but they are currently out of stock, so hopefully it will be in soon. A friend of mine dropped off a baby rocker and jumparoo for me yesterday as well as an over the shoulder diaper bag. When my husband saw the baby gear in our living room he said it made him excited for our baby girl to be here! It still feels like we have a long time to wait but I know she will be here before we know it. I'm so eager to get everything set up for her but I know it too early for some of it. She has been moving around a lot and I feel her throughout the day, I just love it! I'm trying to soak it all up because she will most likely be our last.

It's great when you can get pre loved items from friends, saves an absolute fortune! Aww I'm in the same boat, this one is definitely our last so trying to enjoy it all. I'm a bit behind you, starting to feel little kicks and movements but no regular pattern or anything, can't wait to feel it regularly :cloud9:

Oh wow exciting stuff!! I'd love to either move or extend where we are. Houses in US and Canada seem to be way bigger than in the UK, yours is probably way bigger than ours here. I'm in a 3 bed semi detached, and would just love an extra bedroom really. Which location would you prefer, and would you be moving further from your families? xx

Oh yeah we are just in a 2 bedroom haha, it’s really cramped :rofl: The 3 kids share one room and baby will be in our room. We don’t have a basement either so it’s just the living room, 2 bedrooms, kitchen and 1 bathroom.

I would prefer to stay in Ontario because we do have family here and don’t know anyone in Nova Scotia. However we’re originally from BC and all our immediate family is there, so we’re already pretty far from close family

Urgh DH has tested positive for covid ! Thankfully he seems ok just a slight cough and sore throat .

Curious how often you ladies are going to see your midwife /obgyn ?

My care pathway is as follows-
15 weeks
28 weeks
34 weeks
36 weeks
38 weeks
41 weeks

I’m already annoyed by the lack of care / long stretches between appointments but 38-41 weeks seems a bit long late in pregnancy ?

I’ve literally seen a midwife twice so far.

Last edited:
That’s weird you don’t see anyone from 38-41 weeks. Also wow at no care between 15 and 28 weeks?? That’s crazy. They should at least be checking your blood pressure and baby’s heartbeat.

I don’t have a paper with the exact schedule but based on what I remember with my 3rd (who was also a pandemic baby), and I thinks it’s something like:

12 weeks (virtual)
16 weeks
20 weeks
24 weeks
28 weeks
32 weeks
34 weeks
36 weeks
38 weeks
39 weeks
40 weeks

AFM I have a UTI :( Hopefully the antibiotics will kick it, I had to take 2 rounds last time

That’s weird you don’t see anyone from 38-41 weeks. Also wow at no care between 15 and 28 weeks?? That’s crazy. They should at least be checking your blood pressure and baby’s heartbeat.

I don’t have a paper with the exact schedule but based on what I remember with my 3rd (who was also a pandemic baby), and I thinks it’s something like:

12 weeks (virtual)
16 weeks
20 weeks
24 weeks
28 weeks
32 weeks
34 weeks
36 weeks
38 weeks
39 weeks
40 weeks

AFM I have a UTI :( Hopefully the antibiotics will kick it, I had to take 2 rounds last time

I know right ?! I’ve only had the heartbeat checked at my 12 and 20 week scans not actually heard it yet. Thankfully everything has been ok ! Because this is my 4th baby , you see a midwife less (apparently ) but seems less than I had with DS .
It’s crazy how much it differs looking at your appointments !

I will see my midwife around 6th March and I will be expressing my concerns , I don’t mind every 2 weeks but not seeing her from 38-41 weeks just ain’t happening !!

aww UTIs are painful too ! I hope the antibiotics kick in quickly for you:hugs:

My schedule is the same except for 8 week booking in appointment and 20 week scan/antenatal appointment. Although my midwife has booked me an appointment for 24 weeks too :-k

Is it just my doctor but...with previous pregnancies they always measured my belly. Now they don't.

My schedule started at 6 weeks and then I have to see the obgyn every 4 weeks for a cervix check and the midwife on the same day for weight, bloodpressure, heartbeat (after week 28) check. Before each visit I have to do bloodtest (Tsh and morphology) and urine test.
After week 30 it will be every 2 weeks instead of 4, and after week 36 it becomes weekly (and includes 1 hr heartbeat/contraction monitoring each time). Then after 40w I need to go daily for 1hr monitoring.
I feel it's just way too much and especially with always having gone past 40w, I really wish they would just leave me alone... but ok, it's all free, so it's less effort if I just go with it...

My schedule started around 6 weeks I can't remember which other weeks I've been seen so far but have been seen a total of 4 times so far. They are scheduling me every 4 weeks or so now. I have had a dating ultrasound and my anatomy scans so far ( took 2 different scans to get everything) my next appt will be at 28 weeks. They also have scheduled me for 2 more scans so far, one in March and one in April. I know I will see the OB more frequently toward the end ( every 2 weeks then weekly) with my other kids they had me do nst twice a week for the last several weeks too. I am assuming it will be the same this time.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->