May & June 2022 Munchkins

I feel like I haven’t seen my obgyn enough at all this pregnancy. They haven’t even measured my stomach and last heartbeat check was when I was like 14 weeks! I have a appointment tomorrow for a Pap smear, should be scheduling the glucose test one soon.
Question, how far apart did you ladies have your babies? Boyfriend is already talking about us having another one right away! I’m just curious on if you need to let your body rest?

I feel like I haven’t seen my obgyn enough at all this pregnancy. They haven’t even measured my stomach and last heartbeat check was when I was like 14 weeks! I have a appointment tomorrow for a Pap smear, should be scheduling the glucose test one soon.
Question, how far apart did you ladies have your babies? Boyfriend is already talking about us having another one right away! I’m just curious on if you need to let your body rest?

I found out I was pregnant with my second a week after my first turned 1y.o. They are a little under 2 years apart. There is about 3 1/2 years between my second and third and it will be a few months shy of 3 years between my third and this little one. I will say that I'm thankful for the bigger spacing between 2-3 and 3-4 because my body definitely needed time to heal after my second and third. Both girls got stuck in the he birth canal and caused a lot of issues with my pelvic floor. I also had to have my gallbladder out 3 months post partum with my last one. My recovery took longer from that because I was still healing from the birth. That said I know women who had babies back to back and were fine. I think it depends on Your personal fitness/ circumstances.

Last edited:
I'd say needing to heal between births is very much dependent on how your birth went as well as how well your baby sleeps :haha: I wouldn't plan any discussions around it until at least 3 months post partum when you have the full picture. My first 2 are 19 months apart and 2 and 3 will be 25 months apart. I didn't feel like my body needed much time to "recover" (it will never be back to where it was, rather it reaches a new "normal" level after each pregnancy). But both my births were really easy, natural births.
It is tough to have kids close together for many other reasons, but you will learn to navigate the tough as it arises.

My kids are 16, 14 and 17 months apart :haha: I agree it’s not so much letting your body heal as accepting the craziness of having 2 under 2 (or more!). We will very briefly have 4 under 4 which is a little nuts lol. I think as long as you have an uncomplicated pregnancy and birth, then physically you don’t have to wait very long. Mentally is another story :rofl:

Sammy I love the outfit! Have a great shower :)

I can’t remember who asked about belly measurements but they do it when I go in. They just have a quick measurement after checking baby’s heartbeat.

It’s crazy how much appointments vary from area to area . I’m going to speak to my midwife about them and my concerns . I need to book my whooping cough jab too .

In good news I found baby’s heartbeat straight away using my Doppler . DDs were super excited . Feel stronger movements each day .

That’s a lovely outfit @Sammyrose334 ! You look beautiful . Hope you had a lovely baby shower !

I have a 3 year age gap between mine and by far DD1 was the worst recovery after having forceps and stitches inside and out ! Was not a pleasant recovery pain wise ! I think it just depends how you are feeling after each delivery!

DH is still testing positive for covid although the line is fainter . Praying today is a negative as I’ve booked to take DD1 dress shopping tomorrow and already had to cancel last weeks ! Don’t fancy taking all 3 children on my own but it might just have to happen ! So frustrated it’s been a long week …

Hope your DH’s test is negative BabyBump!

I’m just wrapping up my antibiotics, hoping it worked since last time I had to do 2 rounds -_- I do feel better though, so fingers crossed.

Not much happening for us in February. I have an OB appointment on the 23rd, other than that I don’t see my midwife again until early March. Hit V-day on Tuesday so that’s always exciting. As always, time is flying!

Seriously wanna punch someone in the face …. DH is still testing positive 7 days after his initial positive .

I’ve had to cancel the dress fittings again for tomorrow …. So annoyed DD1 is so disappointed.

Glad your feeling better @Sander hopefully those antibiotics have worked and you won’t need a further course !

Hitting V day is always so reassuring so yayy !! I hit V day on Sunday . Just realised my ticker is a day ahead oh well !

I looked at my pregnancy app today and it said 3rd trimester! Some things I have read said 28 weeks for 3rd trimester but I will go with the app. So yay for 3rd trimester, it's crazy thinking I'm already here!

Screenshot_20220207-121752-468.png

I looked at my pregnancy app today and it said 3rd trimester! Some things I have read said 28 weeks for 3rd trimester but I will go with the app. So yay for 3rd trimester, it's crazy thinking I'm already here!

View attachment 1105972
Wow yayyy for third tri !! I always wondered why it varies from country to country . 28 weeks according to the NHS website !

Also have the same app love it . You should get the baby+ app . I used it with DS and it lets you make a book of their year to print , just be sure to create an account !

Wow yayyy for third tri !! I always wondered why it varies from country to country . 28 weeks according to the NHS website !

Also have the same app love it . You should get the baby+ app . I used it with DS and it lets you make a book of their year to print , just be sure to create an account !

Honestly I have always been confused on when each trimester starts. I have even gotten conflicting info from the doctors office lol I will check out the baby+ app thank you!

Honestly I have always been confused on when each trimester starts. I have even gotten conflicting info from the doctors office lol I will check out the baby+ app thank you!
I know it’s so confusing !! But I’d go with 27 weeks too haha !

Is anyone getting more and more annoying ads on this site :wacko: there’s one in particular that shows up now as like a pop up that plays a video and I keep accidentally clicking it which is super frustrating!!

I enrolled my oldest in a gymnastics class he’ll start on Wednesday’s - hoping that’ll help him burn some energy lol. Pregnancy wise just trucking along, baby girl is very active.

I think I’ve gone with 27 weeks in the past as 3rd trimester too. Now I always forget how far along I am :haha:

Is anyone getting more and more annoying ads on this site :wacko: there’s one in particular that shows up now as like a pop up that plays a video and I keep accidentally clicking it which is super frustrating!!

I enrolled my oldest in a gymnastics class he’ll start on Wednesday’s - hoping that’ll help him burn some energy lol. Pregnancy wise just trucking along, baby girl is very active.

I think I’ve gone with 27 weeks in the past as 3rd trimester too. Now I always forget how far along I am :haha:
Me !!! What’s with that, every single time the page refreshes !! I’ve clicked on it a few times…

Aww hope your DS loves gymnastics , my girls love it !! The weeks are flying by now ! I’ve got DH and DD1s birthdays next week so I’m getting organised for those

Me !!! What’s with that, every single time the page refreshes !! I’ve clicked on it a few times…

Aww hope your DS loves gymnastics , my girls love it !! The weeks are flying by now ! I’ve got DH and DD1s birthdays next week so I’m getting organised for those

Oh they’re close to me then - my birthday is the 15th :p

My 20 week (tomorrow!) bump pic :)
Got my anomaly scan on Friday, kind of nervous for that.

@Sander those pop up videos are SO annoying! They make the pages jump about all over so I end up clicking on the wrong thing half the time :dohh:

20220209_101730.jpg

Oh they’re close to me then - my birthday is the 15th :p
Aww do you have anything planned ??

DD1 has decided she wants a rainbow theme but strictly not unicorns hahaha . We are going to have a family gathering for them both but on their own birthdays . I don’t like to celebrate them both on the one day . I like DD1 to have her own special day !

I’m soooo struggling for a gift for DH though he literally has everything !!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->