May & June 2022 Munchkins

Hey Guys - just poppin in to say Hi. Not much to report. My next OB appt is next week at 24 weeks. She said she was going to give me the req for my GD test at that point so that will be in the coming weeks after that.

I feel like I've been sick at least once a month this entire pregnancy. Thanks to a toddler in daycare. ](*,)

MrsT - your bump looks great! Yes I always click the wrong spot too it’s super annoying :haha: Luckily the new add is gone now, that one popped up right on the lower right corner where I usually scroll with my thumb and I had to like go around it to navigate the website.

BabyBump - No, no plans :) Our anniversary is coming up in April and I’m looking forward to that, I got DH a whiskey set this year. He’s not really a whiskey connoisseur or anything, but the set was like engraved with his name etc so hopefully he likes it!

Dream - Sorry you’ve been sick! My son starts JK in the fall so I know we’re in for it then :haha:

MrsT - your bump looks great! Yes I always click the wrong spot too it’s super annoying :haha: Luckily the new add is gone now, that one popped up right on the lower right corner where I usually scroll with my thumb and I had to like go around it to navigate the website.

BabyBump - No, no plans :) Our anniversary is coming up in April and I’m looking forward to that, I got DH a whiskey set this year. He’s not really a whiskey connoisseur or anything, but the set was like engraved with his name etc so hopefully he likes it!

Dream - Sorry you’ve been sick! My son starts JK in the fall so I know we’re in for it then :haha:

That's a great idea for my hubby's birthday! Might have a look for something similar.

What are you ladies thoughts on hair dye in pregnancy? I'm wanting to have my hair dyed ginger. It would involve full head colour

I'm doing full head dye every 6 weeks or so. Just no bleach. And make sure the place you go to has really great ventilation (definitely don't dye at home). My doc said there is no real risk to it, so I feel Im giving up so much already with the fact that I have no toxoplasmosis antibodies (so can't even have runny eggs or medium steak...) not gonna give up the one bit of self care that I still do. I know once baby is here there will be no time for hairdressers until Christmas, so doing it while I can.

Im also sick all.the.time... kindergarten germs... bleh. Even had to take covid tests a few times (all negative luckily).
We have just 2 weeks of "normal" life left, then one week of self isolation to make sure we don't get sick before our trip, and then we are going to Africa for 3 weeks! Can't wait, it will be so epic! My family haven't even met Nina, and last saw Leila when she was 6m old, so we are just so happy to be able to finally visit them.
I miss my parents so much that it might even be worth the 24 hour trip to get there :haha:
If any of you have tips on how to keep 2 toddlers occupied during long long flights, airport stopovers, car trips etc - please share them!

Oh that’s a great gift ! My DH likes to try out different whisky and brandy ! I’m sure your DH will love it !

That's a great idea for my hubby's birthday! Might have a look for something similar.

What are you ladies thoughts on hair dye in pregnancy? I'm wanting to have my hair dyed ginger. It would involve full head colour
I always wait until after 12 weeks to dye my hair . Then just get it coloured as and when needed , right now it’s overdue a colour !

Im also sick all.the.time... kindergarten germs... bleh. Even had to take covid tests a few times (all negative luckily).
We have just 2 weeks of "normal" life left, then one week of self isolation to make sure we don't get sick before our trip, and then we are going to Africa for 3 weeks! Can't wait, it will be so epic! My family haven't even met Nina, and last saw Leila when she was 6m old, so we are just so happy to be able to finally visit them.
I miss my parents so much that it might even be worth the 24 hour trip to get there :haha:
If any of you have tips on how to keep 2 toddlers occupied during long long flights, airport stopovers, car trips etc - please share them!
Wow that sounds amazing !! I hope no one gets sick before the trip !
Oh gosh take plenty of drinks / snacks . Keep the iPads charged and take plenty of wet wipes ! I’m sure it will be fine ! They might sleep a lot of the flight

I haven’t dyed my hair before but I know lots of people do during pregnancy and they’re just fine :)

Oh man that’s a long flight but it’ll be so worth it to see your family!! Snacks snacks snacks, lol. I’d hit up the dollar store too and get lots of ‘new’ toys they can have during the flight.

I got food poisoning from a shawarma order on Tuesday night, been sick since yesterday morning it’s been awful :sick: I’ve never had food poisoning before and it’s been way worse than any pregnancy nausea I’ve had. Hoping it’s on its way out - gonna try and eat a bagel this afternoon, wish me luck :rofl:

Oh gosh @Sander that sounds awful . I hope your feeling better soon and the bagel stayed down !

I’m actually going to dye my hair over the weekend wish me luck and hope it doesn’t turn orange :haha:

@Sander that sounds absolutely horrendous, hope you're soon feeling back to normal.

@Babybump87 I'm actually going orange intentionally :haha: Well, copper actually, from blonde. Hoping it goes well!!!

@MrsT116 haha I’m going the opposite need to get my roots back blonde and not dark! Good luck with yours !

I'm sat processing at mo... really not sure its going to turn out how I want it. Looks very very red as opposed to ginger/strawberry blonde that I wanted :brat:

I'm sat processing at mo... really not sure its going to turn out how I want it. Looks very very red as opposed to ginger/strawberry blonde that I wanted :brat:

Ohh no fingers crossed !!

I am going for mine later , hopefully I will find a shade I want otherwise it’s a top bun for me for the next few weeks :haha:

I dyed my hair today, I've got a lot of grey hair and naturally dark brown. I last dyed it in August so had huge grey roots!! I couldn't get dark brown (which is actually a bit too dark in the beginning) so went with a cool medium and as expected it hasn't taken as good as usual. No crazy colour or reaction but it's not covered the grey as good as usual so it's a range of browns with some shiny bits! It will do for a wee while!

I dyed my hair today, I've got a lot of grey hair and naturally dark brown. I last dyed it in August so had huge grey roots!! I couldn't get dark brown (which is actually a bit too dark in the beginning) so went with a cool medium and as expected it hasn't taken as good as usual. No crazy colour or reaction but it's not covered the grey as good as usual so it's a range of browns with some shiny bits! It will do for a wee while!
It’s such a minefield dying your hair at home! I was blonde for years then couldn’t be bothered keeping up with it when I was pregnant with DD2 so stayed brown for nearly 5 years and went back to blonde last year ! I do prefer it lighter moreso now for the grey hair ! Glad you didn’t get any reactions or crazy colour changes!

How did your dye take @MrsT116 xx

Had my 20 week ultrasound yesterday. Baby is doing good. No idea what I’m having as they had their legs crossed. XD

Same, mine was yesterday too. Glad yours went well. We are also team yellow xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ashhmichelle
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->