May mamas! (May 2017 due dates)

Can't wait to hear about all the appointments!

My first appointment is scheduled for Oct. 13

So my doctors appointment was pretty uneventful, no blood test or anything. But I got a call today from the midwives and I am in for a midwife! This is great because here in Canada it's pretty tough to get a midwife and I'd really like to look into a home birth. So I'm really happy about getting in!

Joining you ladies here. Got my BFP tonight at 8dpo (I think)
I had a mc in August and haven't a period inbetween so I have just calculated my cycle based on the first day of bleeding.
Lines were quite dark so really hoping this one sticks!
Google tells me I am due May 19

So my doctors appointment was pretty uneventful, no blood test or anything. But I got a call today from the midwives and I am in for a midwife! This is great because here in Canada it's pretty tough to get a midwife and I'd really like to look into a home birth. So I'm really happy about getting in!

I tried to apply on Alberta's website (You're in Alberta, right?) and got nowhere. Uncertain it even worked.

I tried to apply on Alberta's website (You're in Alberta, right?) and got nowhere. Uncertain it even worked.

Ya I am in Alberta, I had to go through the process twice, the first time I hit next after last page and it just exited out. Then I tried again and that time it went through to a confirmation page, and sent me a confirmation email. Maybe try again if you don't think it went through

Maybe. I'm not convinced yet a midwife is right for me. I was reading about some at a birthing center website around here and was kind of put off seeing that they do reiki. I'm a full-on sciency person (no offense to anyone who believes in reiki) so I'm not entirely certain I'll be comfortable.

Plus I'm not certain yet if I'm going to want an epidural.

A friend of mine did say I should sign up and decide later.

A huge congratulations to you Mary Poppins!! Love seeing the dark lines. FX'd for a sticky rainbow baby

Home births are intriguing to me and I know a few people who have had them, but I am still too chicken :haha:

Maryp0ppins- Hi! Congrats on your BFP!! Keeping my fingers crossed that this one sticks! How far along were you when you had your MC? So sorry to hear, that must have been really hard.

Grateful- I'm also pretty nervous about the idea of the home birth, but I think that's just because we only really hear about hospital births so it's the fear of the unknown. I'm sure once I get more information from the midwives I'll feel more confident to make a decision.

Thanks everyone for the welcome :)
Yogi it was very early,5+5,really hoping this one is a healthy little bean.
Nice to see some more Canadians! I was born and raised just outside of Montreal. I moved to the UK nearly 10 years ago and I have since married a brit so it looks like I am here to stay.
Did another cheap walmart test with FMU about an hour ago and got a very solid line.
I have a digital in my drawer but will wait until my period is actually due to use it.

Hi for others new mamas :)

No, I have also 3-years old boy :)
My only symptoms are left off periods, mood changes, dry nose and tiredness and little cramping on lower abdomen once in a while. Boobs are not sore, so I hope that this is normal.

My doctor appointment is 03.10. caaant wait :)

Last night I had a bit of bleeding which has really made me very nervous. It was right after I was having a (TMI) very difficult BM and then when I wiped I saw blood. I also checked with my finger and there was definitely some blood. Of course I panicked, and decided to call the midwife. She says it's likely alright, likely just because you gain a lot of blood in pregnancy and the cervix can bleed when its bumped or squeezed but I'm going to go for a blood test today and also on Saturday to check my HCG level. Really nervous!

Hi ladies, I'm due 3 May. First scan is Monday!

MissYogi I'm glad you're getting betas to check up on things, I'm sure everything is ok!

I applied for the midwife list and now I'm sure it actually completed. I hope I'm not too late! My friend said that unfortunately, a lot of spots free up after the first trimester (sad for those moms) so maybe I won't get called right away, but later.

I still need to figure out what's going on with my doc appointments. My GP scheduled me for a scan at 10 wks, then my OB wanted a scan done on Monday, but the imaging place wouldn't book the requisition without a reason. Luckily I was able to get that (GP wanted it dated? I know when my last period was, even though it was odd. Spotted for 2 days before proper flow. Apparently the spotting is reason enough to check. :shrug:) That scan is booked for Thursday, so I can cancel if the GP and OB had the same idea about dating.

Looking forward to seeing my little bean. <3

I haven't had spotting like some of you ladies (fingers crossed it was nothing MissYogi) but I HAVE had massive bloating. Last night I was looking in the mirror thinking "gosh I look pregnant already. Ugh." I feel so fat.

Thinking of you Miss Yogi...did you get your bloods today? Hugs to you. :flower:

I will go for tests tomorrow. There is quite a lot of blood now. My lines are so faint on my test though. I think it's over

Hi ladies! I would love to join. I'm due May 7 with baby #3. I got my bfp August 26th I believe. And 3+ on a digi this morning.

Congrats to you all!

Congrats RubysMommy!

I took a digi this morning,it said 1-2 which is spot on. I think I will be 4 weeks tomorrow or the next day (no idea when I ovulated!)

Thinking of you Yogi,the unknown is horrible. Sending hugs xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"