• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

May Marvels 2018

Thanks for the encouragement. I have been on Fenugreek for a few weeks. I do think it's working. But it tears my stomach up, like in the bathroom tore up, which isn't good when you're home alone with a newborn. :o

My husband brought home fresh raw carrot juice and goat's milk. Our pedi recommended a supplement of it since goat's is closest to breast milk and then we have a back-up once or maybe twice a day while I catch up. We'll probably wean him on that for awhile before cow's milk.

Ricschick Dylan has that unsettled craziness every night for a couple hours. I’m guessing it’s her witching hour. It’s frustrating only because I’m so tired by 7pm. I hope for you it passes once Billie feels better.
Also I had a couple days of the ewcm tinged with pink last week. I’m guessing it’s from the hormone changes. My mw said it was normal.

Congratulations eppgirl!!!

Yazzy I love love love Thea’s middle name!!

Chel-good for you and pumping. I hate it so for you to stick solely to it is amazing.

I really can’t believe how fast time is going. Dylan is already a month old. She’s eating like a superstar and hitting her milestones. She’s so alert and aware it’s crazy. At her appt this week she was 11lbs 5oz...that’s a 1lb 6oz gain from 2 weeks ago!!

Ricschick Ryan has *hopefully* moved to waking just once at night, but he’s very unsettled and it takes half an hour to an hour to settle him after his feed.

I’ve also got super weird ewcm, that’s like a browny orange colour. And so much of it! My lochia has stopped now so I can get back on the sex train haha. Boobs are still producing milk though. Ryan had never breastfed at all so have no clue what’s going on there!

Congratulations eppgirl!

Ready I can’t believe how fast it’s going either! Ryan is almost 6 weeks old. What on Earth!

Siler slept on his own last night for the first time ever!!! Hallelujah, rofl!!
He's been averaging 4 hours in the little bed bassinet and then I have to move him next to me, but last night he made it 7.5 hours alone!

Don't know if it was the goat milk/carrot juice but we're giving it every night for the final feeding.

Luckily he very rarely needs food in the night anymore...like me, he doesn't eat or drink a lot. He's laughing loudly in his sleep and really alert. He's turning into a little man. :blush:

Cheluzal 7.5 hours you lucky thing!! Sorry if I sound thick but are you giving Siler the goat milk/carrot juice or is that for you? X

Yazzy Thea kitty is such a cool name I love it!!!

I’m not gonna lie I can’t wait for her to sleep through the night! I’m going to start her bedtime routine soon once I’ve got the monitor set up, we bought one which detects movements too.
Joanie woke up yesterday Witt CHICKEN POX!!!! 😲😫 im praying Billie doesn’t catch them but I’d be surprised if she doesn’t!!
The time is flying isn’t it!! Can’t believe Billie is 5 weeks already!!! I’ve not slept in 5 weeks lol!!

Thought I’d post an updated pic of her! Feel free to join in!!
B73D513E-10EE-4A64-9B92-9C6842E4B217.jpg

36A428C9-4020-4D1B-AF02-8304520D9A6E.jpg

Omg Ricschick her cheeks and lips are lovely!! I love baby squish.
Here is Dylan at one month last Friday.

Attachments

• D546CE28-3CDA-4D2F-B57C-4F08FA3B086E.jpg
    D546CE28-3CDA-4D2F-B57C-4F08FA3B086E.jpg
    64.4 KB · Views: 10
Such cute babies ladies! Keep the pics coming.

This is Ry from today. I’m doing a picture a day for his first yr, and the change already in 6 weeks is unbelievable.

When are you ladies planning to start putting your LO to bed upstairs alone? ATM, Ryan comes down after his bath and stays down til we go to bed. But he’s struggling more and more to stay settled, he will sleep if we hold him, but not in his chair.

I’m thinking about starting to put him in his Moses Basket after his bath and letting him sleep up there. We have a sound monitor to listen to him but I’m really anxious about it. SIDS guidelines say babies are supposed to be in the same room as you for all sleeps until 6 months. But surely it’s better for him to get some actual sleep? I don’t know what to do. I know it’s around the age I started putting ODS to bed alone, but I wasn’t nearly as anxious and paranoid with him.

Any advice ladies?

Attachments

• BD548A0D-E0EC-4B6B-B6F4-58E7072E1DB8.jpg
    BD548A0D-E0EC-4B6B-B6F4-58E7072E1DB8.jpg
    27.7 KB · Views: 6
Broken you have to do what works best for you. I typically have the babies with me in my room until 3-4 months and then move them in to the crib in their room. I have a video monitor because I freak out when I can’t hear anything and get no sleep.
Super cute pic!

Cute pics everyone! Beautiful babies. I've tried adding one of Thea but it didn't work!

Broken, over here they recommend not putting them up to bed until 6 months minimum and to keep them napping downstairs with you until then so I will do that. At nighttime mine always sleep in bed with me or the co sleeper until around a year but everyone is different so you have to go with what is comfortable for you.
Right now I've just fed Thea and also have my lb snuggled in my bed next to me and he is 2 1/2 lol.

Omg RnW Dylan is the coolest baby!! Lol and broken Ryan is so sweet!!!
I’ve always given my babies a bedtime routine from early on so around 5/6 weeks. I will be putting Billie upstairs to bed in the next week or so, we have a monitor which detects their breathing and movement and obviously sound and I constantly check on them too. It works for us and then they get into a good sleep routine.

Cheluzal 7.5 hours you lucky thing!! Sorry if I sound thick but are you giving Siler the goat milk/carrot juice or is that for you? X

For Siler. Our pediatrician recommended it as a small supplement while my breast milk supply was lower. Goat's milk is closest to human, carrot juice adds all the nutrients, and water dilutes to filter in kidneys well. He loves it! Sucked down 6 friggin ounces before bedtime! Dude has never drank over 4 in his life. Of course he peed like a banshee last night and we were up 230-530....

I'm ok with Siler sleeping in our room for at least 6 months. Hopefully in the bigger bassinet off our bed, lol. We're the only mammals that toss our newborn young away from us to sleep.

Attaching some cute pics! :blush:

Attachments

• IMG_2023.jpg
    IMG_2023.jpg
    26.7 KB · Views: 7
  • IMG_2014.jpg
    IMG_2014.jpg
    30.1 KB · Views: 8
Oh wow I’ve never heard of that before cheluzal but then again I’ve never breastfeed so that’s all new to me!! Bless him he’s a cutie!!

Billie slept through the night last night from 11.30pm-7.15am the only thing was Emma was up sick last night so I was up with her instead!! Lol Sod’s law eh!! You watch she won’t do that again tonight now! Lol. ( I really hope she does!! I’m knackered! )

So it seems like some babies are doing well with sleeping!! That’s great you lucky mamas!!

I have a question, Summer is noe 6 weeks and is rarely interested in BF anymore. She was feeding every 2 hrs and now she’ll go 3 or 4 hours and if I try and feed her before then she vomits it all up. She’s doing 4-5 hour stretches at night. My precious babies have wanted milk ALL the time, like every 2 hours until they’re on solids at 6-7 months!! Is this normal for a 6 week old to spread out feeds that much?

So it seems like some babies are doing well with sleeping!! That’s great you lucky mamas!!

I have a question, Summer is noe 6 weeks and is rarely interested in BF anymore. She was feeding every 2 hrs and now she’ll go 3 or 4 hours and if I try and feed her before then she vomits it all up. She’s doing 4-5 hour stretches at night. My precious babies have wanted milk ALL the time, like every 2 hours until they’re on solids at 6-7 months!! Is this normal for a 6 week old to spread out feeds that much?

I only have my new one but he's done 3-5 hour stretches pretty much since birth. He never did 2 hours and we've never had more than 1 feed in the night his entire life. He has had random sleep-through nights since 3 weeks.

Today he eats 5.5 and spits up like 2 ounces! Maybe less but soooo much. But he cries if you take the bottle away sooner....think his later ounces need to be in a smaller nipple.

Anyone dealing with serious spit-up? Like the volume scares me but he's gaining weight and it never bothers him.

Chel Summer is a spitter too. I just keepburp cloths everywhere. And bring a spare t shirt for myself when we’re out haha. She has a bit of reflux I think but my mw said since she’s gaining so we’ll theres nothing to be done about it.

Reiko that sounds normal to me, around 6-8 weeks is when babies tend to suss out how much milk they need and start to go longer between feeds.
Thea is 4 weeks now and she feeds a lot through the day but starts to space her feeds out as the day goes on and sometimes goes 3-4 hours between feeds.

Rics that is a long stretch of sleep! Shame you didn't get to enjoy it.

I got Thea weighed today and at 4 weeks she is now 10lb 4oz...so pretty much 3lb up from birth as she dropped to 7lb 5oz at day 5. She is definitely looking more chunky.

Ricschick that is always the way isn’t it?? Hopefully you get some more stretches like that and get some sleep.

Chel super cute pics!

Yazzy good job for Thea! She’s obviously eating well.

Reiko it sounds about right to me too. Dylan is starting to consistently go longer during feeds at night. Day time she seems to snack more and feeds more often but in the eve and during the night she feeds longer and sleeps longer (3-4 hours). If she’s gaining I wouldn’t be concerned.

Cheluzal yesterday Billie was sick all down my front which went straight for my bra and then a 2nd time all over my legs so I was literally covered from head to toe in sick lol so yes all perfectly normal lol.
Billie goes 3-4 hours most of the time there is a period around early evening where she wants it sooner. I try and burp her after every ounce if I can to minimise spitting up. X

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
irenetta
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->