May Marvels 2018

Yazzy scary about your son but I’m glad he is on the mend!

Rosie she is dainty isn’t she bless!!!

Billie is doing great, getting chubbier by the day! She sleeps well normally from 9/10pm-6/7am so that’s great!! We went to my cousins engagement party last night and she was the belle of the ball! Everyone loved her and she was so good! She was awake a good 3 hours and then had a feed and slept the rest of the night TIL 7am this morning!!

ricschick - I love the photo! I don't know how you managed to get a family photo with everyone - it took us ages to get one with just the three of us :haha:

Rosie - I'm glad I'm not the only one with a little peanut of a baby. M is still wearing newborn clothes and sleepers at 14 1/2 weeks. I am not sure when we'll get out of them! But it does make it easier to carry them around when they're little like this.

Chel - I hear you on the stuff to travel with a baby. So many things and they really do take up a ton of space! We had a jam-packed car when we went to MD and it was 75% baby stuff. I hope you enjoy your trip this week!

Yazzy - that sounds so scary with your son. I'm glad he's okay now, but anything that requires hospitalization just sounds nerve-wracking!

AFM - my family descended on us yesterday: parents, two sisters with two kids each, plus brother in law. The baby was super interested in everyone and seemed to not mind being passed around to everyone. We had a nice time, though a bit hectic with all those people in my small living room. Baby's been sleeping a ton today, though, so I think we wore her out! Not much else going on...

That's it--no more traveling until he's much older! Being out of house messed him up. He was soooo fussy. But anyone read about the "Wonder Weeks?" He might've gone through W12 one, since now he's up an entire ounce of food and is grasping at things and noticing his feet.

Last night at family dinner he lost it: major stomach pain, then serious tired and hungry together so he wouldn't eat or settle. I cried...I was not amused. After this week, I feel my baby is broken, rofl. Someone tell me this is normal. He's been great these past few days and today was dedicated at church and did awesome! :flower:

He must nap after 90 minutes up but shooshing asleep is hard away from home. Still trying to move his bedtime up and figure out how to do late events....tips?

Wow it’s been ages since I came on here. I keep meaning to come and catch up and then life happens.

How is everyone!? Our babies are nearly 3 months old now. Heck!

Chel - babywearing. We go anywhere and everywhere with baby in a wrap. She can be awake and look around if she likes but if she needs to sleep she just falls asleep in there. And fortravelling we cosleep aswell. We just went on a vacation for a few days and it was great! However I know that kind of flexibility isn’t for everyone and some would rather stay at home and keep their routine.

However, my LO still hates the car seat so that’s where our challenge is!! She cries every time we drive anywhere. We’ve tried a different car seat and it didn’t help. Now that she’s holding toys that will sometimes distract her enough to keep her from crying so I hope it gets better in the next few weeks as she practices that skill!

Reiko...we have the same with the car seat! It has gotten a little better but it's still a nightmare!

Chel...agree with the baby wearing. Thea is in her baby carrier a lot. I can even feed her whilst carrying her which really helps. I also co-sleep so going away is fine. But I like my holidays so we have a few breaks throughout the year.

Thea was 11 weeks yesterday and we have had her first proper giggles today! My daughter was so serious it took a lot to make her laugh but Thea is very smiley and giggly. So cute!

We try carriers and he's no huge fan. We don't get much time out of it. I will keep working on it. I wish he'd snuggle against chest and nap anywhere. Of course I have to pump when he naps so I'm making use of the swing.

Going out makes the 90 minute nap messed up. Swaddle him at 90 minutes after he wakes and he takes 1 minute to go out. I can't stroll outside either because Florida summer is way too humid hot.

But my guy loves the car seat! Always stops crying, looks around, and falls asleep well in it. I'm just trying to plan things around his routine. We didn't co-sleep on vacation but took his bassinet and he slept fine in the night...he's been going 7-9 hours through just fine.

Moving bedtime up 30 minutes for a bit and keep pulling it up as he sleeps longer. 3 months today!! Hoping for a happier baby who cries less.

Oh man, Chel, that trip sounds like your boy was a handful! I don't know what I'd do if my girl wouldn't settle in the carrier. When we went to MD in early July, we had the same experience as you with the baby getting messed up on sleep and GI stuff. It was rough for all three of us! I don't think she's been 100% back to herself since then. Sleep is great, but the GI stuff continues. I hope your guy settles back into a routine soon.

Yazzy and Reiko - I thought all babies loved the car seat... well, not the seat, but the ride. I am so sorry to hear your little ones are not happy in the car! I wonder if they grow out of it eventually, or if they will be difficult car travelers as long as they need a car seat? I hope the former is true!

Broken, it's good to "see" you! It is hard to believe these kids are in the 3-month old range already. Mine's actually headed for 4 months (16 weeks on Thursday)... in some ways it feels like she's just new and how can it be that long, but in other ways, it's hard to even remember life before she was here.

AFM - I finally broke down and scheduled with a lactation consultant and our appointment was this morning. M is having so much trouble feeding, even with the bottle, and I suspected it was related to her tongue-tie. The LC confirmed that the tongue-tie is very tight and has restricted M's range of movement to the point that she can't latch and can't maintain suction while making the jaw movements necessary to suck. So we now have a long list of things to do, including scheduling with a dental surgeon to have the tie released, getting in with an occupational therapist to help with all the tight muscles the girl has from working so hard to eat, and doing all kinds of exercises and massage at home. And that's just for the tongue-tie and isn't even the beginning of getting my milk supply up or improving breastfeeding (yet), as those things are kind of backseat to getting the tongue-tie taken care of. I am so not looking forward to the surgery, but at least it's outpatient and fairly simple.

M is up to 8 lbs, 12 oz as of this morning. Wheeee!!! she's almost to 9 lbs! I'm so glad she's growing and filling out. She doesn't look like a twig-baby anymore and despite being petite for her age, she looks "normal" with her chubby cheeks and dimpled knees. Now if we can just get the constipation, reflux, and thrush all under control, she'd be fantastic! So many things to keep on top of. I totally see how my mom came up with her mantra of "if you've got kids, you've got paperwork" because there's always something!

Wicky that sucks about the feeding. I’ve had difficult BF journeys three times but by 4 months you’d really hope to have things sorted. Just a lot of stress you don’t need at this point! We’ve had a tongue tie snipped with our second and glad we did. It might take longer for her muscles to relax once the tie is snipped but hopefully it will be the beginning of her sucking better!! GL with getting your supply back up xx

Oh Wicky that sounds really stressful getting the tongue tie fixed and stuff. GL getting it all sorted out.

We’re all good over here, got a perfectly happy and healthy bubba. He weighed in a 14lbs 4oz at his last weight check a couple of weeks ago. He’s a big chunky boy now.

Honestly I’m having more issues with ODS. He’s just bored brainless with the holidays and not having all his friends to play with. I’m only 1 mama and I’m exhausted. I’ve bought him some crafty things for us to sit and do together while Ryan sleeps or DH has him so me and ODS can have some 1 on 1 time. Hopefully that helps. Otherwise I’m just white knuckling it until September haha.

Thanks. Siler has been great yesterday! Stuck to routine, minimal crying, and was a perfect angel at family dinner last night out. He slept 7 hours and fell asleep on my chest (something he hasn't done since a newborn), without my shushing or rocking him. Gosh, I hope he does this more!

Think he's in a growth spurt: dude slept 7 hours, then almost a 3 hour morning nap, and has been snoozing for another 2.5...as long as he's not sick or crying, he can sleep all he wants, ha! I can get stuff done. My milk supply dipped and I got so scared but now it's back to over 40 ounces in the fridge.

Does her tongue-tie require surgery? Our pediatrician snipped it in 2 seconds, but my niece had to actually have it cut in via her neck. Yikes...

Does her tongue-tie require surgery? Our pediatrician snipped it in 2 seconds, but my niece had to actually have it cut in via her neck. Yikes...

Thankfully, M's tongue-tie can be released using a laser to cut it, so nothing as major as your niece! I just wish they had done it when it was first diagnosed, and not taken the "wait and see" approach. More nerve-wracking for me, but I guess it's all the same to the baby...

Good luck.

Major growth spurt over here He gained 10 ounces in 4 days! Still only 13.2 though at almost 13 weeks. Took him up to my job today and he smiled at everyone! Only fussed a little, snoozed in my arms, and cried at the end (almost 4 hours later), even though routine was off.

He really is becoming more fun and coming into his own....this is much better than the newborn stage to me!

Chel I’m with you. I far prefer everything over the 3 month stage.
Before that it’s so draining and you don’t really get anything back because they can’t smile or interact.

I’m getting to my fav stage with Ryan. Once he starts laughing and giggling it’s perfect. That’s the stage I always want to freeze forever.

Draining is a great word for it. I was getting the blues.
Now he will lie in the swing or playpen for awhile on his own.
The crying is less, less intense, and not as loud, rofl.

He smiles all the time! I love it. Hubs got a real laugh but I'm still waiting.
If only we can do more than 20 minute naps. :)
Morning nap is at least 2 hours, then they get less as the day wears on.

At least he's moving his bedtime up himself and sleeping 7-8 hours through. I've even stopped bringing milk upstairs at night!

My favourite stage was definitely 9-12 months. But I’m enjoying every stage moreso with #3 than I did with my other 2... maybe due to it possibly being our last. Or maybe because she’s just a good baba!!

So in a post-partum funk, and my cry for help, I whacked off my hair, like 8 inches. With house scissors...hubs was mortified but it gave a talk about me getting OUT of the house without baby! Hairdresser did blue highlights for fun (I'm so not a colored hair girl) and gave a cute stacked long bob.

Siler sleeping roughly 9 hours a night! And he's falling asleep better on his own for naps. I let him cry a minute and re-try pacifier and he goes right out. He's too heavy to hold and swing/shoosh anymore, lol.

I prefer the 3-6 months stage. They stay where you put them :haha:
But DH found some old video of ODS when he was 2 and it was great watching little toddler him. Makes me super excited for all the stages Ryan is gunna go through. I’m trying to enjoy every bit because it’s the last time.

Chel, I cut half my hair off after I had Ryan. I felt better for it too. I hate my short hair currently because it’s on my neck and I hate that. But once it grows out a little more I’ll be happy. If only it would stop coming out in clumps atm.
I’m glad you like your new hair tho! It can be hard to refind “you” after your first baby.

Ryan is getting interested in the tv a bit now. He likes watching YouTube vids with me as well. We found a baby tv channel for him to sit an enjoy for a little while. I think they just like the lights and sounds at this age.

Is anyone else really excited for Christmas? ODS was 3 weeks old at his first Christmas. So he just slept. But Ryan will be 7 months old and I’m so excited for him to see the tree and the lights and open his presents and stuff.
I detest Christmas for various reasons. But I put on a brave face for ODS and now Ryan. But I am kind of excited for this one.

Btw, what does one do with a baby a Christmas? ODS was 3 weeks and then a yr old. I have no idea how to Christmas with a real baby :rofl:

As soon as the fall hits I get impatient for Christmas. I love it. Favourite time of year. I wouldn’t worry too much about a 7 month old, he still won’t really get it so presents and such aren’t a big deal. But you’ve got to wrap something up because your older son will be excited to help Ryan experience it :). 7 months you might do some baby snacks and a new baby toy and some Jammie’s and a book :)

We’ve got school starting, thanksgiving, and Halloween to get through before Christmas and I’m excited for all of those too!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->