~*May Miracles 2020*~

Good luck with the GD test results missie!

Thanks Babylove, will give it a try!

Thank you! I failed the 50g (range is between 4.2 and 7.7... I got 7.8. I had gotten 7.7 at my DS1). So I have to take the 75g this morning. Gotta pass all 3 blood test to be in the clear! (Under 5.3 prior to the drink. Under 10.6 after an hour and under 9 after 2 hours).

A little stressed out!

Try not to stress missie, I’ve heard loads of people fail the first one but pass the second no problem!! :hugs:

Thanks kittykat! :hugs: I am hoping it goes well. I don't have any of the factors that make you more inclined... didn't have it at DS1... I get followed because my baby is small, and I don't gain a lot of weight... feels pretty inconsistent with GD (not that a lot of weight and big baby is automatically GD, but it is a possible risk of having it).

The receptionist is gonna find me annoying when I call every 5mins hahah. 2 more hours until the test.

Thanks kittykat! :hugs: I am hoping it goes well. I don't have any of the factors that make you more inclined... didn't have it at DS1... I get followed because my baby is small, and I don't gain a lot of weight... feels pretty inconsistent with GD (not that a lot of weight and big baby is automatically GD, but it is a possible risk of having it).

The receptionist is gonna find me annoying when I call every 5mins hahah. 2 more hours until the test.

here we don’t even get the test unless we have risk factors! I’ve never had it!

good luck and let us know how it goes!

Thank you guys!
Well. I didn't get to talk to them to know the exact results (I'm such a curious person) but I'll ask next week at my 28weeks apt.. I keep telling them to call my work number since I don't get cellphone signal at work (very secure building) so I had to go in the cold and snow to listen to the voicemail hahaha...

But NO GD! I am so relieved!
Kittykat, I wish it was like you here. It would have prevented a lot of stress Haha

Thank you guys!
Well. I didn't get to talk to them to know the exact results (I'm such a curious person) but I'll ask next week at my 28weeks apt.. I keep telling them to call my work number since I don't get cellphone signal at work (very secure building) so I had to go in the cold and snow to listen to the voicemail hahaha...

But NO GD! I am so relieved!
Kittykat, I wish it was like you here. It would have prevented a lot of stress Haha
Awesome congrats!!!! One less thing to worry about! I have a couple friends who got GD and were fit and thin even while pregnant! I actually was borderline my first pregnancy with the one hour test but they didn’t make a fuss over it. I’ve heard it can be genetic and that people have a lot of misunderstandings about it. But yay for not having it!

Hey cnote! Thank you, I'm relieved.

Oh absolutely, I know some as well. But even in my family, we've had like 25 pregnancies and one person had it? (and she gained 130lbs during the pregnancy, ate like sugar every meal like insane more than the test hahah). And with me being followed for smaller than average babies and low weight gain, I just didn't see it adding up, but I was worried because indeed, you never know! My friend is super healthy and thin, but her mom had it, and she has it too.

I think the receptionist told my doc I was worried because she attached my results to the portal haha... and see cnote, you mentioned having been borderline for the 1 hour (I was too with my DS1 7.7 when the limit is that) and I was 7.8 this time.

Well, before the drink, I was: 4.7 (needs to be under 5.3). After 1 hour I was 6 (needs to be under 10.6!!!), after 2 hours I was 5 (needs to be under 9), so clearly I was nowhere NEAR those limits for the 2 hours test... Makes me wonder how the 50g test works now haha...

Oh well. One less thing to worry about. I didnt want to juggle feeding a 16months old and trying to follow a strict diet!

I had a horrible day yesterday...so my boss has been very mean to me basically ever since I started last June. After she found out I was pregnant it got worse. Yesterday, someone in my department approached me and said she noticed how I was getting treated and that I needed to say something. She also said many other people had noticed it and were very uncomfortable with it/talking about it. How humiliating right? Might I add my boss is the assistant director of the HR department (in a major US city) so her behavior is particularly inappropriate. Since I haven't passed probation, I don't want to bring this up with the director and be terminated before I deliver (my husbands insurance company is totally different than mine and I would need to switch OBGYNs), so I'm forced to stick this out until I'm eligible for mat leave. I don't intend to return from mat leave - I can't go back to that. There's a lot more to this...I left a very good and secure job that I'd been at for years for this one because my boss begged me to come on board and it was a substantial $ raise. But it was such a mistake to accept the offer. I'm just hoping there's a silver lining somewhere in this. Sorry for ranting.

Sorry to hear that cnote :( there is absolutely no excuse for workplace bullying and I feel for you that you feel like you can't escalate it so she gets disciplined at least. I suppose as your other colleagues have noticed then you can try to just work with them, do your best to just avoid your boss and think to yourself it won't be too much longer you have to be there. Maybe after you leave you could put in a complaint? Then if she does it to someone else in the future she'll be picked up on it.

I had a midwife appointment on Tuesday, I think baby is head down now which is great but my iron levels are a little bit low so I've got to try and get those boosted somehow.

I'm sorry cnote, thats never a good situation to be in. I also left a position for a better one where the boss was just harassing me. I was lucky enough it was all in the same organization. And I was able to get another promotion and lodge a complaint because I am permanent. But if other people witnessed it, wouldn't it be hard for them to fire you over this?

I hope it can get be resolved soon, or you can find something else. :hugs:

Jary good news about baby being head down! Did the doc give you any tips to up your iron levels?

Thanks Jary. I’m definitely going to file a formal complaint once I’m on protected leave (I’ll put in my notice toward the end of it). What a nightmare.

My iron levels are also low and my doctor recommended a liquid iron supplement. I got one from amazon and I think it’s helped with energy a bit. Not sure if you have geritol liquid supplement where you are but that one is good too.

I'm sorry cnote, thats never a good situation to be in. I also left a position for a better one where the boss was just harassing me. I was lucky enough it was all in the same organization. And I was able to get another promotion and lodge a complaint because I am permanent. But if other people witnessed it, wouldn't it be hard for them to fire you over this?

I hope it can get be resolved soon, or you can find something else. :hugs:

Jary good news about baby being head down! Did the doc give you any tips to up your iron levels?
Thanks Missie for the support. Problem is I’m not permanent, I’m actually contracted year to year (it’s called an overstrength position). I left a permanent job with the state for this one because they were offering nearly double my salary and said the position would become permanent after a couple years. I should not have left my state job...I was an idiot! Really glad you were able to get out of that toxic situation and get promoted within the organization! Sounds like a great place to work!

I'm a bit reluctant to take iron supplements on their own as they end up causing constipation and tar like stools (super gross lol) I started taking my pregnancy vitamins again last night which of course have iron in (I stopped taking them at 12 weeks) and I'm gonna try eating more iron rich foods and hopefully that'll boost me up a bit.

As for baby being head down I'm not entirely convinced but I do think my belly shape has changed - other people have commented too how it looks different and her movements are in different places so fingers crossed she's definitely turned! Re scan on Tuesday so I want a good view of her little face!

Cnote, I hate when fake promises are made. They make it sound so much better and then its not. Any way to go back where you were? I am lucky. Its a gov position.

Jary, I think we mommies often can tell if they turn and usually our intuition is right, and I really hope she turned for your scan!!

Anyone else worked on their nursery? We finishes Rafael's (I had DS1 at 37 weeks, so I'm prepping as tho this baby is gonna arrive at 37 weeks... haha. 10 weeks.)

We're only missing the fox hamper (arriving this week) to put next to the crib.
received_651504765611874_compress50.jpg
20200220_210938_compress91.jpg
20200220_210931_compress1.jpg

Missie that looks amazing!

We have a tiny room for our bubba. We have her things in there but haven't set it up yet. She's going to be with us for at least 6 months anyway so we aren't rushing to get it done but I would like it sorted before she comes anyway! We've picked a lavender colour paint for her room, need a new mattress as her cot is the one our first used and then we need to get a little wardrobe for her clothes.

Im hoping she's turned and I'm hoping the attacks on my bladder are her head and not her feet :lol:

Haha same here LO will sleep with us 6months.(Although we said with DS1 and at 6months instead of moving him in his room, we moved him in our bed :haha:)

Lavender is such a nice color for a babys room!

Haha yeah they can be intense with those little kicks! It gets hard to know what they're using to kick us

This baby will move into the room its brother is now in when it is at least 6 months old and I will enjoy making it into a nursery then. Finlo and Kirree will share the big spare room and Kirree’s nursery will become the spare room.
I remember the excitement of making the nursery when I was pregnant with Finlo, but this time I just want to make sure I have a drawer somewhere for the baby’s clothes and somewhere to change its nappy.

So we had our rescan!

Little girly was STILL breech lol and loves having her hand in her face but we did get a few beauty shots. We saw her hiccup and stick out her tongue too which was super adorable! Come on tho baby please turn the right way!!! :lol:

Screenshot_20200225_172926_com.android.gallery3d.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->