~*May Miracles 2020*~

Here in Canada its been fine. A bit more people at Costco, but I haven't seen anything crazy where I live.

Hopefully it stays this way. Its sad for the poor babies and moms struggling to get the formula they need...

I actually work for a well known German supermarket chain and we sold out of toilet roll at midday on Friday and had to have 2 emergency deliveries #-o

you get 2 sorts of people I’ve found, those who think ‘it’s just flu what the hells going on’ and those buying trolleys full of toilet roll and pasta...

Thing is if everyone bought stuff the way they normally do we would be fine. There are no supply shortages for the supermarkets. All the empty shelves are from members of the public.

I think now supermarkets have started rationing those items people are grabbing. Which is good as it might mean when we get the next lot in it won't all sell out as quick!

In other news I had my midwife appointment - she isn't sure but thinks baby is breech too which is what I expected. Everything else OK tho thankfully.

My local supermarket has zero toilet roll! Its madness! I really cant get my head around it all!! Toilet roll isnt going to stop you getting ill....go figure!!!

My nausea has come back, I'm so sad, it's not as bad as it was in the 1st tri but it is getting worse each day, really hoping it's not back until the end now!!

Oh no baby love I hope it doesn't last long and you feel back to normal soon!

I’m from Canada too and have also noticed that Costco is getting crazy.

I’m very tired nowadays... and last appt my OB said I’m borderline anemic, so I’ve had to take an iron supplement. I’m very ready to not be pregnant anymore. Things have gone well, so I shouldn’t complain.

Had a scan today. Fortunately baby Josh is doing well. Apparently Dr says babies actually thrive on stress because my body then releases cortisone which helps their lungs develop faster etc. He is now laying head down so in the right position...he better not come early though. Because of corona, the hospital I am having the c-section is as implemented restrictions on not allowing any kids which means we are a bit screwed with regards to my son while I am admitted. Last birth I had adverse reaction to anaesthetic and ended up admitted for almost 2 weeks so that means if that happens again, I can’t see my son for the whole time!

Hopefully he will stay comfy for now Aphy. Fingers crossed the COVID-19 precautions relax by the time your section is due. I'm hoping there will be less precautions here by the time baby is due.

Anyone have advice of what helps for swollen ankles besides putting them up since that isn’t very possible currently except at night in bed? Since last night out of the blue my ankles suddenly start swelling from late afternoon and by evening it is so painful I can barely walk

Aphy, I think the little one will stay put! :hugs:

For the swollen ankles, have you tried maybe compression socks for when you sleep?

Keeping hydrated can help with the water retention and swelling, but yeh compression socks are the only thing I’ve really heard xx

Babylove, has the nausea eased a bit for you?

It’s not long now for all of us. I can’t wait!

Thanks ladies, will look out for the socks!

Yeah the socks should be helpful Aphy. I was lucky lady time I only had swelling in the last week of pregnancy with my first. Hopefully with this one it'll be the same or none at all lol. I feel for you, the swelling feels awful!

Baby girl was on a mission last night to exercise in there as much as she possibly could I think! Sooo wriggly!!

Tishy it isn't long at all! I have 7 weeks 6 days until her due date. Doesn't seem that long since I was 7 weeks 6 days along! I just want her here now tho. Roll on May!

I am exhausted from the baby playing flippity-flop all night and the contractions! He's the same as my son; irregular contractions early on! It's gonna be a long 7 to 10 weeks (makes me hope he'll be a 37 weeks baby like his brother because I am tired!) Makes the days at work a little difficult because sometimes just the walking around I need to do perks up the contractions.

At least apart from that all is well. Might be sent to work from home since I'm a 'vulnerable' person. Especially since they are considering sending everyone home. We'll see!

I'm with you jary, come on May! aha

Me too Jary and Missie! The baby had lots of energy exactly when I was trying to sleep. She was running a marathon!

The next 7 weeks are hopefully going to fly by... our kids schools have been shut down for the next 3 weeks, so I’ll have my hands full with 3 at home. And I haven’t yet started washing the baby clothes, so at least I have things to do. But how will I gather the energy?! :help:

Luckily I've had a week off so I've washed her clothes and started packing my hospital bag. Plus I've been given some second hand baby clothes all recently washed so I think we are all sorted there. I know what you mean about the energy tho.... I need to sort her room and set up the cot etc and it feels like so much - especially when we still want to repaint the rest of the house.

We will be visiting my family in the North East when I start maternity leave so I will be 36 weeks and it's a 6 hour car journey, but I'm OK about it and we will take the car seat, hospital bag and my notes just incase she decides she wants to be born a northerner lol. Plus my mum has her crib so we need to get that anyway and going up is the only way to get it plus it means I get to see my loved ones.

Im trying to make sure I enjoy being pregnant as much as possible, as this will be my last pregnancy. But at the same time I'm ready for her.

Jary I’m also going on a fairly long journey (though not as long as yours!) at 34 weeks, I have a dentist appointment but because there are no NHS dentists taking on new patients near me I have to stay with the one where we used to live, 4hours drive away! I’m more worried that I’ll go into labour during the week I’m down there (seeing my family too) since my husband couldn’t get the time off and I’ll have taken the car with me so he won’t be able to get there in time for the birth, and he’s the voice of calm in my life and I wouldn’t want to do it without him, I don’t think I could!

I’ve lost a pound this week, meaning I’m back to only having gained 4lbs my entire pregnancy! Problem is I’m getting so full so quickly, I end the day on 1300-1400 calories and try to force more food in to up the calories but do struggle because I just don’t want to eat it!

Nope, sadly not, the nausea is getting worse every day! Roll on May for sure!!!!

Kitty I'm sure bubs won't come early! Annoying that you have to travel so far tho for a dentist appointment :/

And don't worry abour your eating, maybe have small meals but increase calorific amount - so full fat cheeses and milk etc. Could you have porridge? I've been finding that really good recently. I have it with naughty stuff like nutella and pecans on top with raisins and a little bit of double cream and right now I dont care its fattening cause its delicious and it keeps me nicely full till lunch and no indigestion!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->