~*May Miracles 2020*~

I'm sorry aphy :hugs:

Here they closed them starting from monday to the 30th. So I've been working from home. No choice. Im surprised they're making you stay at work. Us automatically me as a pregnant lady I was to be home but everyone with kids also got to work from home when they announced this. (Im also working for the gov but In Canada)

Thank you Jary. :hugs: I was just excited to see him and compare him to DS1s 3D echo

UK schools and nurseries will be closed after Friday. My kids go to nursery Mon/Tues/Wed so that’s it now. I have to work out how I’ll entertain a 3 year old and an 18 month old seven days a week for the foreseeable future, when I can’t take them anywhere. Oh, and add in a newborn in 7 weeks. With no baby groups, no friends to visit with and no support. And no sleep.
This is going to be fun.

UK schools and nurseries will be closed after Friday. My kids go to nursery Mon/Tues/Wed so that’s it now. I have to work out how I’ll entertain a 3 year old and an 18 month old seven days a week for the foreseeable future, when I can’t take them anywhere. Oh, and add in a newborn in 7 weeks. With no baby groups, no friends to visit with and no support. And no sleep.
This is going to be fun.
I'm in the same boat Ellie. I think many of us are...I believe we need to really cut ourselves some slack during this time and not try to win and mom of the year awards. I think we can be more flexible with screen time for the sake of our sanity. The best thing we can do for our kids is stay physically and mentally healthy enough to take care of them. So I believe we should do whatever we need to all get through this time. It'll be an adjustment but we'll get though it. And you're not alone, you have an online mom group all going through the same thing! We can help each other. :hugs:

I was a real anxious mess yesterday but tried not to show it.

Someone said to me if a pregnant woman has COVID-19 and is about to deliver, the midwives or doctors will deliver them wearing hamzat suits and the baby will be taken away from the mother to keep them safe until mum tests negative. I know that's not so likely to happen but my mind obsesses over 'what if' scenarios and that one right there is so scary - I can't imagine having to bring a child into the world and then they can't even be held by their mum because of a stupid virus?!

It just needs to go away now and never come back. I just pray that we can get it under control quick and take lessons from what's worked in other countries and get back to normal.

I can't imagine having to bring a child into the world and then they can't even be held by their mum because of a stupid virus?!

My first was prem and both lungs collapsed soon after birth. He was transferred to a different hospital and was on a ventilator for the first 10 days and I couldn’t hold him. It was the worst time of my life.

My first was prem and both lungs collapsed soon after birth. He was transferred to a different hospital and was on a ventilator for the first 10 days and I couldn’t hold him. It was the worst time of my life.

That must have been so hard Ellie :(

Praying for healthy happy babies!!!

Being home with all of my kids is very draining at this stage. Love how you put it Cnote: we can all relate, and support each other on here.

I'm hoping that we are allowed to have at least our SOs with us from beginning to end. Also, I'm reconsidering staying for a second night. I would rather be home as soon as possible with my other children. They'll want to meet their sister and I'd be worrying about exposure the longer I stay in hospital.

Is anyone else having a c-section? I’m not allowed natural. So I’m going to have to stay in hospital a few days (had complications last time and ended up staying almost 2 weeks) and now with virus restrictions that aren’t going to let my toddler at the hospital so I am not going to see him for the whole time; don’t know how either him nor myself are going to handle it

I am Aphy. I’m so sad that my girls are not going to come visit us at the hospital. They are 6, 5, 3... so they’re definitely going to be sad to not welcome the new little one.
Not as sad as I am :sad1:

We typically only stay 2 nights here in Canada. As long as you and baby are doing well.

In the UK, after a planned caesarean, you only need to stay long enough to pass enough urine. I was out within 24 hours with my son. I was determined because he was so ill and then got transferred 2 hours away and I couldn’t travel in ambulance with him. I mobilised as soon as the feeling came back in my legs and requested they take catheter out ASAP. I know some people end up having to stay longer, but fingers crossed you will get out fast and be back with your family.

I am 90% sure my son won't be able to come as well... but I am not having a c-section. Where I am in Canada its 24hrs to 48 hours if all goes well. (And when I had my son, they were so busy and overflowing, I saw some second time parents be sent home prior to 24hrs!) So I am hoping I dont have to stay and that within 24hours I am home...

I think here by us they standardly keep you 3-4 days after a c-section but with the virus impact maybe it will be sooner. Its starting to feel very real now as the day comes closer and closer!

I am concerned that my husband, a key worker, may not be able to take paternity leave. He works as a railway bridge engineer and his role is critical. If he does have to work in the postnatal period, we will need to use our nursery places for the children, as I will not be able to look after all 3 safely on my own in the days immediately after childbirth.

I think I have Covid guys.

I work in Aldi and despite washing/sanitising my hands so much they have become sore and developed rashes, I have woken up this morning with a sore throat and small cough, no fever though (yet) I literally had my last day on Saturday to try and minimise my risk but now I fear it was too late...

I am concerned that my husband, a key worker, may not be able to take paternity leave. He works as a railway bridge engineer and his role is critical. If he does have to work in the postnatal period, we will need to use our nursery places for the children, as I will not be able to look after all 3 safely on my own in the days immediately after childbirth.

Ellie do you have family in the area that can help? Can you afford a babysitter to help you for a few hours a day?

I think I have Covid guys.

I work in Aldi and despite washing/sanitising my hands so much they have become sore and developed rashes, I have woken up this morning with a sore throat and small cough, no fever though (yet) I literally had my last day on Saturday to try and minimise my risk but now I fear it was too late...
I'm sorry to hear that kitty, but don't think the worst. Realistically, many, many people with covid-19 don't feel any worse symptoms than a rough cold or the flu. Also, it IS cold/flu season and chances are you just have one of the hundreds of viruses already going around (not covid-19). On the bright side, if you do have covid-19 - better to get it now then when you are closer to delivery.

I suspect my husband and I also had it about 3 weeks ago before this whole coronavirus thing really blew up. We live in a California and our city in particular has hundreds of cases. About 3 weeks ago we both came down with absolutely horrendous colds.We were extremely fatigued and congested and the coughing was non stop and brutal. It was a very strange cold and didn't feel normal. Mine turned into bronchitis and I needed antibiotics. We even told my parents not to visit us because my mom has asthma and we both agreed a cold that bad could put her in the hospital. We're better now, but in hindsight I think it's very possible it was covid-19.

Oh kitty I hope it isn't but cnote is right it's better now than when about to deliver!

My brother in law had it - wasnt confirmed as they wouldn't test him but he had fever and a dry cough which left him in a lot of pain and burning sensation whenever he coughed or breathed in. He had it mildly but he's been feeling awful.

I've now started special leave as my manager wouldn't let me back at work, so that's paid leave until my mat pay starts in a couple of weeks.

I've been homeschooling my DD today. Its helped distract me but it's hard work and not sure how ill keep up with it or manage being at home for 12 weeks. I know we can go for walks etc but wouldn't be able to relax. I need my mum to send down my crib but she won't be able to with the lockdown. Hopefully it'll be lifted in 3 weeks and we can get it before baby arrives. We have the moses basket but it's too low to be next to our bed so it'll be a struggle to lift her out. Guess we will have to make do if we don't get the crib.

Ellie do you have family in the area that can help? Can you afford a babysitter to help you for a few hours a day?
No, I have no family that can help out. My parents are self isolating due to health conditions and my brothers are too far away.
In the UK, the current rules mean that we can’t get a friend or neighbour to stay with the kids. Unless the restrictions are relaxed by then, I’ll be doing this alone. I’m terrified.

Elliecain they can’t legally stop him taking paternity leave unless he’s only just started the job, my husband is also a key worker but will be taking paternity leave after baby is born. Believe me they can’t stop him and if they threaten to sack him get people involved as that’s also illegal.

Hey ladies! I hope you're all doing OK in the midst of this madness. I'm trying to be positive! 34 weeks today and here is the bump! I can't believe there's only around 6 weeks left of this pregnancy.

I have an antenatal appointment on Saturday so will hopefully find out if little miss is still breech or head down. She's moving all over the place so it's impossible for me to belly map sometimes!!

IMG_20200326_110459.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AngelMom1012
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"