May mummies 2009 - a place to keep in touch

Yey, well done molly!!

Back from the weigh in and Jake is 13lb 11oz so i was only 3oz off on my guess. He's just teetering above the 50th centile line. They measured his length and he is 62cm's just below the 91st centile. He's a very tall boy!! xx

so glad molly is out of hospital :)

congratulations on everyones fantastic weight gains. especially little alex!! wow! great job AG!.

I have joined a baby group and to be honest i feel really out of place. everyone talks away but i feel too shy to speak much. Im gonna persevere though. It gets me out of the house (hv said this will help my pnd????)

zach is 2 months old today. havent had him weighed since 6 weeks, and the weigh in clinic isnt back here until 2 week of august!

Wow great weight gains going on around here :) Our little babies are growing up so fast!

Euan got weighed same day as he had his jags and he was 12lbs 3.5oz at 8 weeks. I'm going to go back to the baby clinic next week to get him weighed again and I reckon he'll be at least 13lbs.

He's started sleeping better at night which I'm loving - last night he slept from 8pm to 6.30. (and then daddy got up to do that feed so I had a great sleep :))

Tummy time really is a case of hit or miss - sometimes he will be fine but will only tolerate it for about 5 mins other times he hates it straight away. A few weeks ago it seemed like he was trying to turn onto his side but he hasn't been doing that lately. He will sit up when I pull him up with him grasping my thumbs, he loves doing that as long as he isn't too tired.

I do feel that he spends too long in his bouncy chair though. I really need to spend more time lying on the floor with him but always seem to be distracted with housework!

Well Archie had his jabs today, i was nearly in tears, poor little lad :(
He also had his height and weight done. 2 weeks ago he weighed 10lb 9oz, he is now 11lb 15oz wooo and at birth he was 53cm and is now 59cm :)
He has needed calpol today for a slight temp and he has been a little cranky and hard to settle, got it all again in 4 weeks time :(

Erica is a big girl, she 11 and a half weeks old and she was 14lb 13!! top 98thcentile!
Mind you my first daughter was too!
She sleeps from 8 until 4, then goes back down until 8! Cant complain!

Didnt it all go soooooooooooo quick from pregnancy to now.

When is every1 planning on weaning? I did my first daughter at 16 weeks... just tastes etc.. then properly at 26 weeks.. Im hoping to do that again. :)

oooo has anyone seen the personalised dummy clips that lou is selling in the sell and swap sections.. had to have one!!

Hey everyone!!! Glad to hear everyone's LO is doing well!!
Poor Molly May has to catch up though lol she is 10 weeks and only 8lb and 12oz lol everyone elses LO are over 10lbs lol I'll have to do a lil wieght gain ticker for her lol

She had her jabs yesterday I think she did.....yea she cried awww she was a lil cranky but today she is really cranky....

I weaned DS1 at 16 weeks but only baby rice and cereal until about 24 weeks. (this was recomended back then) I'll probs do the same again as well. Up until now Jake is quite happy with his formula so i'm in no rush at all.

I'll have to check out those dummy clips :) xx

With weaning im just going by his lead, ill hold out to 6 months if i can but if he needs solids earlier then ill offer them.

We're told here no solids at all until 6 months so that is what I was planning on. I never knew it was possible to give anything but milk before 6 months.

Alice used to love tummy time, but now she hates it. She cries the second I put her on her tummy. I think it's because she can't see as much because she is ok lying on her tummy when she is on me.

hey all, were back from our honeymoon in wales and i won thomas a teddy in the arcades- wooooooo!

when does lillun get his next injections. i think they should be due next week but heard nothing yet.

Injections are at 2, 3 and 4 months, so it'll probably be a week or so I'd think.

I'm going to try and hold out til 6 months for weaning unless Sapphire lets me know otherwise. She hasn't gained any weight this week but HV said that often happens. She did gain 10oz last week. I reckon that she knows mummy cries when she outgrows something so she's trying to slow it down!! :laugh2:

The Moby sling arrived today!! Yayyy! It looks great but I haven't managed to get her in it yet as she has hardly napped all day and she is a grouchy little bunny. What type of hold are the other Moby users wearing??

I use the hold where she is facing me with her legs hanging (don't remember what they call it). Sometimes going for a walk in the wrap is the only thing that settles Alice when she is overtired.

Hello... I just got back from our holiday in Cornwall... I loved it but it was much more hardwork than actually being at home!! Isobel decided she was going to start sleeping through the night properly as well, which was fab..

I think I am going to wean sooner than six months but not as early as in two weeks time!!! She likes Ice cream tho :blush: :rofl:

Last set of injections next week and I got my GTT again on monday :( I don't think my diabetes has gone.

How is everyone doing? (I will find some time to read all the posts!) I did see that the april mummies have a quote with updating on babies weights.. do you think we should have something similar?

the sounds like a good idea x

I cant get on with my sling! it takes more brain power than i have to work it out lol

If you want the babies weights i can edit it into the first page?

Just reply with dob, birthweight, age of weigh in and up to date weight :D

for example

Alexander: DOB 23/04, 6lbs 11ozs ~ Last weigh in, 14 weeks 11lb 11ozs

Erica: DOB 10/05, 7lbs 12ozs ~ Last weigh in, 11 weeks 14lb 13ozs...

zachary dob 30/5/09, 5lb 13oz last weigh in at 6 weeks- 9lb 2oz

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"