May mummies 2009 - a place to keep in touch

aww bless. has ur tiredness hit yet? i was soooo knackered in the early days!!
xxx

erica was unsettles last night too...
She had a bit if baby porridge this morning, she loved it xxx

Emsy,
Glad you are feeling better and have sorted things out a bit. I just sent another message on the other thread before I caught up on this one so feel free to ignore me! :)

We had a bit of a pants night last night too. Sapphire woke three times for feeds which is normal for her, but she just wouldn't go back down afterwards! I'm shattered :sleep:

Missy sounds like she's being a cheeky monkey!!!

I am running out of activities or ideas for activities to do with Isobel now she's awake longer. I got so far

1. Lying down on her play mat playing with dangling toys
2. Sitting in her chair playing with different toys
3. Sitting on sofa, pretty much unaided playing with different toys
4. Tummy time with water mat and toys
5. Watching In the Night Garden
6. Going for a walk
7. Playing in highchair
8. Bath

Does anyone else have any good ideas!!??

Edit: We also have nappy free time too...

Natalie,

Sapphire enjoys:

1. Dancing with Mummy ....Bob Marley seems to be a winner. It's the rhythm I think.

2. Walking around the garden with mummy showing her all the different things.

3. Riding on the back of the dog! lol

Where did you get you water mat? I thought I was running out of ideas on what I could waste money on but we don't have one of those! LMAO

Might try dancing!!! normally daddy does that with her

https://www.littlebundles.co.uk/prodpage.asp?ProdID=740
This shop is wonderful, lots of wooden old fashioned toys and it's my mums local shop :rofl: have to send her a few times!!!

Does anyone else's LO have a favourite song? Dexter will settle instantly if we sit in front of the computer and put on Aerosmith's 'Pink'. He gets totally engrossed in the video, and as soon as it's done he'll start up again :dohh: It was the first song he ever heard (I gave birth listening to Rock Radio :lol:) so I wonder if thats why?

we tend to stick to kicking the arch of the play mat
loads of his cuddle toys seem to have conversations with him and kiss him :blush:
sitting on mummys knee holding hands, thomas rocks back and forward i sing row row row your boat (he rocks himself everytime he wants me to sing!)
singing nursery rhymes and random made up songs about thomas.
he wont hold onto anything apart from my hair or top, so rattles and teethers are out atm. he isnt interested in cartoons or anything either.

he's been waking for extra feeds in the night recently (jumped from 1-2 times to 5) is this a sign to try him on solids or a growth spurt?

I cant get erica to do any tummy time, she just cries..
We do door bouncer
and we do lots of walks.
Bouncy chair
Play with toys in the bumbo
I talk to her... she watched a bit of tv with her sister over breakfast.
We dance around.
God knows how im still overweight!

oh yeah.. we do lots of singing... nursery rhymes etc.. eye to eye contact when singing apparantly supposed to be good for the bond!

Theo will not go on his tummy....at all, he does nothing but cry until we put him on his back. I've persisted for a while now, but he is still having none of it!

Does he need tummy time to get him to crawl? I know it's gonna be a while yet, but should I keep persisting as I don't think he's ever going to like it :nope:

he did it again! rolled over onto his tummy when nobody was looking.
both me and hubby was distracted by a game on laptop so he decided to flip over and try to get his pooh bear (which he punched out of reach)

arghhh - I am hoping this is a growth spurt but Patrick has gone from a consistent 7-9 hours straight a night (for the last 6/8 weeks) to 3/4 hours and then up every 2 hours wanting to feed for the rest of the night. He has also gone from a feed every 3 hours or so to demanding one every 1 1/2 hours. This kicked in on wednesday night out of the blue and I'm knackered. Praying that its a growth spurt and will be over soon. Anyone else's LOs suddenly change their sleeping/eating patterns so drastically and suddenly?

ericas did.. im naughty.. im giving her porridge... much happier she is!!less whingy suring the and slleping 7 til 4 again (she does go back down til 7 after 4 am bottle.)

Scarlett still pretty much keeping at twice a night but she does feed a whole load when she does feed..
My little one pretty contented in her swing or having cuddles while I multitask - doing zacs lunch etc. I def dont get the one to one I used to with Zac as im sharing my time with two of them but she seems contented, she had a go in her bouncer today and loved it!!

ericas did.. im naughty.. im giving her porridge... much happier she is!!less whingy suring the and slleping 7 til 4 again (she does go back down til 7 after 4 am bottle.)

How old is she now? I'm soooo tempted to give the wee man food at 3 months or so rather than 4. This constantly on the boob is killing me! (And just to reiterate, he will not take a bottle!) :hissy:

How old is she now? I'm soooo tempted to give the wee man food at 3 months or so rather than 4. This constantly on the boob is killing me! (And just to reiterate, he will not take a bottle!) :hissy:

Oh my god, your poor boobies must be worn out!
Erica is 15 weeks today, i started giving her porridge 3 days ago. I use baby porridge and mix it with the formula milk.
I figured its ultimatly mums choice....the government guide lines change every bloody year. I was weaned at 10 weeks as per government guidelines in 1978 lol!! I dont have any food allergies and im not nor ever have been obese (although im a bit podgy after having erica, but i know ill lose that).
I felt Erica was ready.
I think all these guidlines make us forget our instincts sometimes!!
do what you feel is best xx no one knows your baby like you do

I am with you there Danny, totally agree!!

You know that cow and gate fruity cereal? it says to make it with cooled boiled water but i was wondering could you make it with formula instead? Just that i don't want solids taking over his milk intake so i would rather his food was made with his formula? Any ideas? xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->