May mummies 2009 - a place to keep in touch

:hugs: KMH... Hope you get better over the next three weeks xx

Rah, it's another teaching job but in my local town. It's going to be better for Isobel in 4 years time when she's going to school that I work locally..

Kmh I hope you start to feel better over the next few weeks
xxx

hey ladies.. I am sorry I did not even notice I had a private message from you all..
So nice of you to invite me in..
Chelsea and I are doing fine, she is 5 mths old today and growing v well..
She is now rolling over and not far off sitting up by herself.. She does do it now, but leans over to her front a fair bit, has not quite worked out how to sit up straight without falling to the side lol...

I noticed we are not on the main page yet, so here are her details..

Chelsea Rose - 8th May 2009 - 6lb 8oz - 52cm long

Just a quick run down of labour.. Hind waters broke at 11pm on the 7th, made our way to the hospital about 2am on the 8th. Active labour for only 2.5 hours, had her at 8:08am on the 8th.. yes weird.. all them 8's lol. So in labour start to finsh 9 hours.

only had gas/air and pethadine, but had to be rushed to theatre after I had Chelsea as the umbilical cord snapped off at the placenta and that had to be manually removed, so from there I also had to have some sort of pain killer as I was still contracting while waiting to go into theatre, then had a local anesthtetic (sp?) for the epidural they put in to take out the placenta.. lol.. should of had the epidural at the start, labour wouldve been great then lol...

How is everyone else's bub's going?

Any sitting up unaided?
Any got any teeth or teething?

I think Chelsea may be teething, but no lumps in her gums yet, just dribbling ALOT, chewing everything she can get her hands on..

Skye xx

:hugs: KMH hope your feeling better soon :hugs:

NatalieW-I moved jobs when i was 20 weeks for the same reason closer to home and better hours for me Its great when these opportunities come up

:hi:holden_babez
I think Isobelle is teething as well shes doing the same as Chelsea she wears a bib all the time now to catch the slobber :)

Well im thinking of starting Isobelle on solids tomorrow but im sure i will prob put it off again
She has been waking in the night after sleeping though for so long at 1st i thought it was a cold she had (i guess it still was) so was waking 2ce a night and having a feed which i put down to the cold and not taking enough during the day the week after the cold shes still waking but not taking a huge feed more like a drink? then back off sometimes a dummy will keep her quite im so confused what to do how did you all know when your LO was ready?

I may not be around as much over the next week my mum is on hospital so im on afternoon visiting duty so i wont have as much time to get on any post but i will try to keep up to date with everyone’s news
Hope everyone is having a good weekend :hugs:

KMH hope you feel better soon and the rest does you good.:hugs:

i've got an escaping baby :thumbup:. he can get up on his hands and knees in crawl position and shuffle backwards and sideways. he's also started to bunny hop forward, although not very successfully yet. he's already been off round the living room backwards and got his books and an envelope. gonna have to tidy up properly soon :wacko:

Well im thinking of starting Isobelle on solids tomorrow but im sure i will prob put it off again
She has been waking in the night after sleeping though for so long at 1st i thought it was a cold she had (i guess it still was) so was waking 2ce a night and having a feed which i put down to the cold and not taking enough during the day the week after the cold shes still waking but not taking a huge feed more like a drink? then back off sometimes a dummy will keep her quite im so confused what to do how did you all know when your LO was ready?

ive been trying thomas on a little baby rice mixed with EBM for few weeks now. he's increased the amount of times he wakes in the night to 4-5 now. he's really interested in our food and tries to reach for it, although im not sure he's properly ready for it yet so keeping it to little tastes. he goes crazy for it sometimes, others he's not interested.
we signed up for heinz baby club online and recieved a free box of baby rice through the post few days back.

kyle is having breakfast, baby rice or a baby breakfast.

We have a very very bumpy gum where his molor(sp?) is feels very sharp but nothing though the skin, but i thought front teeth came in first :wacko:

His still waking in the night :dohh:

Had a lovely holiday and he loved his swimming most of the time just in my arms or me holding him like he should be swimming, and licked my pizza crust, I was eating in papa johns and he was crying so i was holding him while eating looked away then looked back to find him licking the crust :dohh: Oh and in the club kept grabbing hold of beer glasses and the beer jug

Hi All,
I've missed loads...I haven't been on here for a few days! Congrats on the new job Natalie. Massive hug KMH!! xxx
Sapphire is now 12lb 13oz at 18 weeks....and still waking every two hours through the night....YAWNNNNNNNNNN. Is anyone else still EBF??
Oh and I got my wedding dress, yayyyyyy!! 85 quid on Ebay....cool huh?

Im still fully BF untill later ...well maybe
Isobelle woke at 3, 4 for dummy and 5 for a drink then 7:30 for a feed
Im so scared its the wrong thing to do but i know its not god my head is a mess saying i should but then i should wait another few weeks :loopy:

Had a lovely holiday and he loved his swimming most of the time just in my arms or me holding him like he should be swimming, and licked my pizza crust, I was eating in papa johns and he was crying so i was holding him while eating looked away then looked back to find him licking the crust :dohh: Oh and in the club kept grabbing hold of beer glasses and the beer jug

We were having sunday dinner at my parents the other week Isobelle was say at her high chair playing with a toy then reached over to my glass of wine thank god she couldnt reach or it would of been everywhere :dohh:

KMH- if you come on here, just wanna let you know i text you but i dunno if you got it as i know you've had problems with your phone. Thinking of you hunny and i hope you feel better soon :hugs: xx

I had a weaning visit from a nursery nurse/health visitor and she said that waking in the night after sleeping through is a sign that baby may need more through the day and to begin weaning. She said that waiting till 6 month is only a guide line and once baby gets to 20 weeks they give the green light anyway. Before 6 months, cheese, wheat and grains (rusks, pasta etc), yoghurts and meat should be avoided, stick to fruit and veg, baby rice, and mix with EBM/ formula to adjust concistency. Give it a go Rah, you might find she settles better in the night, good luck x

Jake is starting to like tummy time and can lift hiself really high and if i put him in the crawling position he can hold it for a while :happydance: xx

Hey girls, lovely to hear all ur news and catch up. kmh - sending a big hug, hope u get better soon xxx
Scarlett is very lazy, she doesnt like to roll over only when i put her down and shes mad and she likes me to hold her wayyyyy to much :) shes a real mummys girl if she sees me and shes with her dad or MIL she leans to me as if to say I want u mummy :)
Still no joy on weaning - I give her tastes of things, today i tried her with a taste of bananna and she hated it!!??
HV given me the go ahead to wean now as shes so big, so going to try properly on monday.
will also update her weight then, wanna find out what I got her weight up to on just boobie juice :)
Zac my little boy is poorly with a belly bug and Ben my brother is here hes special needs and hes off hif food and full of cold so im hoping Scarlett doesnt get either of them!!!!!!
hope u all having a good weekend? xxx

Awww Archie went to his first ever birthday party today :)

We had fun
https://photos-c.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc1/hs243.snc1/9029_306731755226_505545226_9300330_2625510_n.jpg
He looks bloody massive though!

How has everyone else enjoyed thier weekends???

Awww, bless Archie. Sapphire has her first birthday party on Saturday :)

Is there a May mummies B&B group on Facebook by the way??

Dexter's weight at 19+3 is 13lb 11oz. That's only 5oz gain in three weeks :( HV thinks my milk's not got enough calories in :(

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->