May mummies 2009 - a place to keep in touch

i wont be able to travel away from home.. but if anyone lives in or around pontypool/newport!! :) id love to meet up

Dexter's weight at 19+3 is 13lb 11oz. That's only 5oz gain in three weeks :( HV thinks my milk's not got enough calories in :(

:hugs:
Im pretty sure mine never did, why Alex never gained weight that brilliantly in first 12 weeks.

charlie has a good point....

We got a new pram :blush:

https://i50.photobucket.com/albums/f328/karoline1246/Alexander%205-6%20months/121020091035.jpg

Ohhhh saw someone pushing one of those round yesterday and thought it looked nice AG.
Seemed to close down quite small aswell to go in there car??

Love it

Yea it does, and in one piece too! We dont have a car though but very handy for busses.

lovely pram AG.

Kyles weight today at 21weeks2days 17lbs5oz so in 3weeks he went from 16lbs 6 to 17lbs 5oz so thats slowing down

You have a pram addiction?

I got a dummy one.. ericas got lots of dummies.. i jut love buying new dummies!

Well i hope not, i dont intend on getting another pram :lol: Nor can i really afford to.

Grrrr i'm so tired!! I had a terrible night with Jake last night. He was awake every 30 mins or so. He keeps ending up sideways in his cot with his head wedged against the bars. What can i do, i don't think its ethical to duck tape him into one place but i'm getting desperate :rofl: any idea's xx

Dexter's weight at 19+3 is 13lb 11oz. That's only 5oz gain in three weeks :( HV thinks my milk's not got enough calories in :(

Monkeh,
I had similar. Sapphire's weight gain has slowed down over the last few weeks. HV advised me to eat avocados, yoghurt and porridge plus plenty of fresh veg. Try not to worry too much though. I had several weeks over which Saf gained only a couple of ounces on average per week but she still gained and she's healthy and happy. There's no reason why your breast milk shouldn't be enough for Dexter if you're taking good care of yourself so don't be freaked into switching to formula...unless of course you want to. La Leche League are really good for BF advice. Saf is not much younger than Dexter and weighed 12lb 13oz last week. And don't forget that the charts they HVs use for baby weight is based on a small group of bottle fed babies in the 70s so it really isn't the be all and end all. Good Luck hun x

Isabella was only 12.9 @ 18 weeks. I would worry about your milk Monkeh. Sounds like you're doing a fabulous job! Babies don't have to consistenly gain weight.. they occasionally go through big growth spurts when they're ready. :)

I've been told to sit and have a biccy of chunk of cheese every so often, which I didn't think sounded particularly good for me! I think I'll try the avocado, yoghurt, porridge and veg option!

He'll be getting weighed again on Monday anyway, after we're back from Yorkhill (children's hosp.) getting his blood tests done.

Hi guys. Only just found this group. I havent been on Baby and Bump for ages! Our babies are 5months now can you believe it. It really has flown by.. it doesnt even seem like my Millie is a baby anymore. Shes into everything.

Millies sitting up now, Ive been giving her solids like baby rice and banana custard which she loves and cries for more.. Shes already decided she doesnt like vegetables spitting them out everytime i try and feed her.

Snce birth she has been in my bed and now im really suffering because she wont go in her cot now!! I'm still breast feeding which makes it easier whilst shes in my bed cos then she just find the booby herself whilst imn kipping!.. but i treid putting her in her cot the othernight and she had a right tantrum!..

Are you LOs crying when you walk out the room now or have I just got a naughty one, Millie wants picking up constantly too and even arches her back and screams !!

So how are you all May mummies? long time no speak and how are your little ones coming along. Would be lovely to hear from you all xx

Hi,

I too have just found this thread. My LO was supposed to be a June boy but he arrived 5 weeks early!!
I've had to start weaning my lo because weight gain wasn't very good due to his reflux. He is enjoying his purees and they seem to help keep his milk down which is good!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->