May mummies 2009 - a place to keep in touch

I am sooooo tired!! Jake can now turn onto his tummy in both directions, pivit on the spot then shufflw backwards, only problem is he thought it would be a good idea to practice this through the night.

The silly thing is he hates being on his tummy and cries his eyes out, he is yet to master turning back over, Grrrrr :dohh: xx

I know that problem well, Alex rolls onto his back over night and doesnt sleep that way.

i was gonna buy a sleeping positioner today but they say there only suitable up to 4 month :hissy: i'll just have to cop till he gets bored of it. The lack of sleep is killing me with me being up the duff, he won't even nap through the day now unless i take him in the car or push chair, so if i wanna sleep it will have to be in the cleo or on the pavement when he finally drops off :rofl: little sod, he never used to give me grief, he's so funny with it tho, i walk in pissed off with him then he just smiles at me and i melt. I've quit smoking .....again, so i am short on patience but he's so amazing i could put up with anything from him xx

Hi All

Haven't been on here for ages. Hope you are all well.

Sarah is doing really well. She has slept through the night for months now and is also doing well with her weaning. She is a very happy baby and is also very vocal! She loves singing, shouting and gurgling especially when we're out shopping! lol.

Take care
Ang
xx

Snetty and AG - I know that feeling!!! We went through that stage about a month ago for about 2 weeks solid!!

I rolled up a cellular blanket and put it next to her side she rolls onto and it stopped it.

i'm gonna try that Natalie, but i might need a big blanket, he's really strong the little tinker xx

oh my god girls.. not sure how much more of ericas night sequances i can put up with, shes nearly 6 months now, i go back to work in 5 weeks and she still doesnt sleep properly at night, shes so restless... wanting her dummy, only one feed, itsnot hunger waking her..
and of course.. every weeks a new cold! so that disturbs her. i havent slept since shes been born. I wa sure she was suposed to sleep through by ow. ive had enough. Danni slept through by this age..
ANY IDEAS?

Sorry but no great ideas from me. Just to let you know you're not alone. Sapphire still wakes every two hours through the night and has never slept more than a four hour stretch (about 3 times) since birth. YAWN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
My HV suggested that if I don't think she is hungry i.e. that it is habit/comfort waking then perhaps to offer only boiled water on the early morning hours feeds. Then she might come to realise that it's not worth waking between midnight and say 5am. I haven't tried it yet though.

Charlieann hope you're feeling better. Are you back at work now?
Who else is back or going back and when?? If beore a year is it because you want to or cos of money? I'd really like to take my whole year til May 2010 but not sure if the money is going to last that long! :(

Hi ladies! Millie is sitting up on her own now. She has been sitting up since 4 months, Clever little sausage. she can roll over both ways too. Bu ti dont think shes anyway near crawling yet!.. This is really bad but I have a telly addict. she dont care what she watches. Her eyes are always glued to the telly. well ifit keeps her quiet.

Have any of you considered weaning yet?

I had to start millie early because you could tell she was ready. She used to cry at people when they started eating and watch every spoonful. she still does it now. she a right piggy.

And horray! She has hair! shes no longer bold! shes a little blondy!

I was going to try and get back to work when Millie was 6 months which would be next month, but to be honest I dont think I can do it. I miss her even if its just an hour away from each other. I dont want to miss anything either!!! ahhh I dont know what to do. we need the money too.

Saphire.. Can I ask where u bought that lovely blue hat on your pic? lol.. xx

Patrick popped toothy no.2 yesterday! Poor boy though, his gums are still annoying him so I suspect that there are more to come.

When he was little, he hated tummy time but now when I put him in his cot he flips onto his tum and goes to sleep with his face pressed into the mattress. It freaks me out but if I put him back on his back he just rolls over again. And if he wakes in the night, he wriggles and rolls all around until he gets himself wedged somewhere and then shouts for me. Sleeping all night remains very elusive.

Kaykay,
Sapphire's hat was from Tesco but last season so not sure if they'll still be about.

Charlieann hope you're feeling better. Are you back at work now?

I'm getting better thanks, still feeling really dehydrated though. I'm officially back at work, but as its half term im on holidays :)
Stayed in bed to try sleep a headache off this morning as drugs werent working and Thomas was being such a pain for his daddy. He wanted nursing to sleep, crawled to his blanket, lay down and started making his mmmmm mwwww noise which he uses to tell me he wants a feed. He's gonna have fun next week when im not here, such a mummys boy!

Been lurking but not updating here for a bit, dunno why.

Still not got any teeth yet, but he's getting good at moving across the room. We've spread his toys out so where ever he goes he's rewarded, yet he still goes for the tissues, remotes or lidl booklets! he keeps stopping every so often and sits up looking around. if he catches our eye were get a big grin off him before he sets off again. had alot of crying from him losing his balance and toppling backwards.

:hi: guys ive been away all weekend.
Alex turned 6 months on Friday! He has no teeth, doesnt sit, rolls front to back only in his cot and stands when you hold him for balance :D

not much to update but im wondering whos planning on taking there LO to a firework display?

We have been invited to the big one in peterborough "ferry Meadows" they set the fireworks off from the other side of like a lake there is ALOT of people there.

If i did go he would be in his HUGE graco with a footmuff cosey toes and raincover over him or i could take him in the loola with cosey toes and raincover?

If i was to go which pram? the graco does not face me but im thinking maybe warmer its alot bigger. the Loola faces me lol

Oh we having rolling from back to front and front to back whilst playing with his toy :dohh:

i'm unsure about taking lo to fireworks. i remember going with lill bro when he was a baby and the noise scaring him and him screaming throughout.
they tend to let loads off round the estates here, so will see what his reaction is to those first.

had success with giving LO formula. he will drink it, but not from a bottle. will only take it from a beaker! think the lill sod thinks he's all grown up already and won't do anything a normal baby will.

Dexter's now 14lb 12oz @ 21 weeks and 3 days.

He'll be 5 months on Thursday. He can roll back to front and front to back, and gets around really well this way. He also crawled backwards :shock: yesterday, but I think it was a fluke :lol: He can almost sit by himself, but only if he leans forward a bit. Still no teeth here, though with the drool and chewing on everything I wouldn't be surprised if it's soon.

Hey girls,
been rubbish again but lovely to read all ur news. Danny Scarlett sounds very much like erica, shes quite lazy LOL think its cuz they r so big!!#
Taking her to be weighed tomorrow so ill know what she weighs then but its over 20 lb I think.
Still no teeth either although dribbling and chomping on anything so wont be long!! She has no intrest in food though and its real hard work to get her to eat :( Se loves her boobie too much!!
Shes also started waking at night - usually twice for milk - ahhhhhh!!!!!! LOL
Had her christened on sunday though and it was great, im biased but she looked beautiful!!!
we off to a halloween party on sat and I brought her the witches outfit from tesco and she looks great!!! I cant believe shes in 9-12 though and heading to 12-18 m stuff!!! :)
Shes also nearly sitting up though i just have to be there to steady her :)

I everyone, not posting much on here at the mo i am trying to get out the house as much as i can getting cabbin fever but i have been reading posts

Well Isobelle is loving solids we are on breakfast and lunch and there are shouts of excitment when she goes in the high chair!
Today she has started to sit unaided for about 20-30 seconds then will slowly lean to one side
No teeth yet but lots of slobber and chomping on anything that goes near her even the dog she went for his ear!!! good job he can move quickly lol

We are going a fancy dress party on sat and Isobelle is going as superman lol she has a romper already and since the party starts at 7pm she will be asleep anyway since she likes going bed at 6-6:30pm

think i will do fireworks because of danny more than erica..

bethy, ericas gettng into asdas 9-12 now too... shes not 6 months yet lol

we arent christening erica, danni isnt either.
shes loves mummies cooking, i try not to jar, but somtimes i do on the go.....

6 months, its hard to belive isnt it..... just fliying by,

I arranged ericas nursey for the three days a week i go back to work.. £90.00 a week... we dont qualify for help on childcare either so its a bitter cost cost to swollow. ho hum i go back to a promo and increased pay so im pleased, but i got lots training to get through.....

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->