• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

May mummies 2009 - a place to keep in touch

During the night Alex would take a bottle if offered, we knew he was taking plenty during the day so stopped offering overnight and got him to sleep by other means.
Were still going through the waking up aswell even with 2 meals a day. Im putting it down to teething aswell.

Has anyone had problems going from boobie to formula?
Isobelles poo has changed and shes really straining its very distressing to watch:cry: poo was like play doh/toothpaste but since we introduced the formula its been formed like peanuts and as i say really straining to pass

I spoke to HV who said its not related WTF??? and to up her fiber intake which i was doing anyway but not helped i stopped the formula feeds sun night and there has been an improvement today was going back to pay doh texture but not fully
Is it the Aptimil not agreeing with her should i change? im using follow-on milk should i use normal?

Formula poo kinda looks like peanut butter, its meant to have lumpy bits in. Only think i can think of is try and give some water aswell.

We didnt have any probs but we did one FF a day from 2 weeks old.

Sapphire rolled from her tummy to her back today :) She's sort of tried a bit of half-hearted rolling for the last month or so but she really cracked it tonight! Do they usually do tummy to back first? There's no sign of her rolling from back to side/tummy yet.

she has an oz of water every meal is this enough?

6.30 BF
8am breakfast 1oz water
10.30 BF
12.30 lunch 1oz water
2.30 BF
5.00 dinner 1oz water
6.30 BF &bed
10.30 bottle 7oz was breast milk but moved to formula

Is this enough?

Isobel has about 3/4oz's of water throughout the day. Mainly with meals but I offer it all the time because she's dropping bottles.

Rah, increase Isobelle's water and you'll see a difference in poo's in about 24hrs. Isobel strains when going to the toilet, but does get better the more water she takes on. The lumps in the poo is just undigested milk, nothing to worry about. Its also her body adjusting to formula instead of breast and takes a while.

Missy, it's normally back to tummy first but Isobel did tummy to back first and only just mastered the other way but only when she wants.

Gemma, you probably need to rule out that he's hungry. Isobel was on three meals but the end of second week of weaning. She only wakes in the night when teeth are playing up and we now have 4 teeth!!! She would scream the house down at bed time when she was hungry.

Well Isobel has her fourth tooth, sits up for 20/30mins unaided playing with toys and we do three hand movements when in the crawling position but can't quite get our legs to go in the right way!!

my lill monster's been stealing food!
he was sat on my knee whilst i was eating brekkie, put it down to drink my tea and he stole my toast. didnt give him his own slice as thought was too early for him and he just had a bf.
then again the other night i put him a plate of veg on the floor and sat next to him to eat mine and he prefered to steal it from my plate to eat it. my own fault both times for not sitting at the table and for holding him whilst eating.
then last night we went out to pizza hut and gave him some puree as we were waiting, which he gobbled down then started refusing so we assumed hi was full. when our meals arrive he started reaching and grabbing so he was given crusts, which hehappily chewed then threw on floor. we made such a mess!
least he's not fussy, just wants whatever mummy's got!

Well today we have had 2 'normal' poos :happydance: no straining no nothing im so glad but now im worried it was the formula and i cant re-introduce it

I spoke to the HV who said i wasnt feeding Isobelle enough so i feel like a crap mum! nearly in tears after i left clinic but surely she would of let me know if she was hungry she normally does!

So anyway im now increasing the portion size of lunch and dinner and adding larger puddings??? i think she will pop but there you go, dropping the mid morning breast feed and giving water instead so thats getting one step closer to my overall aim for Jan
I just feel rubbish though she was really nice about it and want horrible but it still upset me :cry:

By doing all this the HV things i can drop the 10:30pm feed as well eventually which doesnt really bother me one way or the other i think on fri i will not give it just to see what happens now im curious lol

Has anyones LO been refusing bottles?

Ffion wont take more than 4oz at a time but sometimes takes as little as 2oz :(

She's teething though so that might be a reason.

She also has porridge for breakfast and some veg for lunch but that shouldn't effect it should it?

Its just the last few days she's been like this and its worrying me.

Dreams - Isobel used to do that when the teat was too slow.

start them young

https://photos-c.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc3/hs007.snc3/11468_339484480130_595735130_9910222_2024617_n.jpg

15lb 1oz @ 25+3. Also we have 2 teeth and very sore boobs!! :lol: Had a bit of bf struggle when he bit me quite deep, but after a day or so, it's healing and I can bf with only some pain. I've invested in nipple shields incase he does it again!

Isobelle had her 1st tooth come through on her 6 month birthday and 2nd tooth followed 1 week later no signs just appeared and thankgod shes not trying to bite me when im feeding!!!
When i lay her on her tummy she is starting to move arms and kegs as if she wants to crawl but not getting up onto her knees so looks a bit frog like then gets fed to and rolls onto her back, but can move forwards when the poor dog is sleeping infront of her bless him

brought a jumperoo from e-bay last night best thing ever she loves it and screams when she sees it in the morningbest £30 ever!!!

Hope everyone is ok :hugs:

Patrick has a horrible cold and terrible sniffles and snots. Poor love is getting so cranky with it and he keeps waking himself up snuffling and gets frustrated when he is eating or nursing because his nose is all blocked up. Have been using infant olbas oil at night and some vaporub which seems to help a bit. Fingers crossed he gets better soon so we can all get some decent sleep.

He seems to be very close to crawling though. On hands and knees all the time and now trying hard to get onto hands and feet (with mixed results). He can kind of creep forwards now when he is trying to get at something out of reach. He just needs to figure out what to do with his arms.

Am in full babyproofing mode in anticipation of a soon to be mobile LO. Got down on all fours to check out his perspective on the world and think I have a lot of things to move to above 4 feet!

Dreams - Isobel used to do that when the teat was too slow.

Thanks :) I've changed to the number 4 avent teats now. She doesn't struggle with the first and last bottles but still wont take more than 4oz and in the day she still cries and its so heartbreaking to see but she looks like she wants it but can't drink it :(

The only way i've managed is to put her in the swing or bouncer and rock it a little whilst she's feeding but its just masking the problem really.

Also we have 2 teeth and very sore boobs!! :lol: Had a bit of bf struggle when he bit me quite deep, but after a day or so, it's healing and I can bf with only some pain. I've invested in nipple shields incase he does it again!

thats one thing im really worried about. fortunately no signs yet! i'm hoping he'll have weaned himself off by the time the arrive.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kayzee94
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->