May mummies 2009 - a place to keep in touch

We were out yesterday, and it was so so hot! I kept Dexter covered and out of the sun, but he's still got a red face today. The sun must have hit it for literally seconds. He's got fair skin like his Mummy (I'm like a lobster today :dohh:) and I feel sooo bad. I did my best to cover him :(

Today I'm going to go buy a double bed cause the single's getting a bit cramped as the wee man gets bigger! He hogs half the bed, and I end up on the edge :dohh: :lol:

:lol:
Alex definatley hogs the bed when its just me and him!

Dont feel bad about the sunburn, you did your best.
Alex was with my mil one hot day, when we got him back half his face was red! I wasnt happy, i gave her a parasol to use and she obv didnt use it!

Hi girlies

Thought I should pop on and say hi! I was due 12th May and Samuel finally made his arrival on 20th May by emergency C section. We are getting along really well and Samuel has gained weight and is smiling and making lots of great noises.

Hope everyone is well x
Claire x

Hi, I fund this a few weeks ago but then forgot about it :dohh: Thanks for the reminder AG!

Alice will be 2 moths old tomorrow and I am taking her to get weighed. The last time was almost 2 weeks ago and she was 10lb 10oz so I'm scared to see what she is now. She has outgrown all of the 0-3 month clothes and some of the 3-6 month, the newborn size was too small even the day she was born.

I am getting so many smiles now and Alice can hold her head up so well. She went swimming for the first time on friday and she loved it until she scared herself by putting her face in!

Well Theo is in 0-3 clothes, my gosh, some of your babies are growing so big.
Moving Theo to size 3 nappies on my next batch, and I must say huggies don't seem to suit him, so we r gonna go back to Tesco own brand as they suit him just fine.
Haven't had him weighed recently as our baby clinic has been closed, so will take him on the 20th when they re-open.

Theo has got really cranky the past 2 days, he normally all smiles, he is showing signs of teething....do you think it too early? xx

size 3! wow ive only just moved up to size 2 :lol:

I dont think it can be too early to start, they say signs can show up but no teeth can come for a while yet.

He is chewing everything, he finished his bottle but was chewing the teat, we took it out he started screaming, we put his dummy in, didn't suck it but chewed it instead :dohh:

Size 2 are kinda leaving marks on hs legs, so I'm guessing size 3 would be better for him. xx

just want to say i put a pair of size 10 pre preg jeans on....sooo happy. 8's here i come.

also, how do you know when to move from size 1 nappy to size 2, coz the weights overlap?

Well done for the jeans kmh!! :)
I'm hoping to get up in the loft to get my pre-preg clothes down tomorrow. Not holding out much hope of getting into my size 10s just yet though. Another couple of weeks should do it! ;)

How do i get rid of this loose feeling skin on me belly? Will it skrink back?

I think time will help Classy.. other than that I don't know, sorry.

I got back in my prepregnancy clothes about a month ago, but thats because I wasn't that small to start with and I lost weight the last 10 weeks of the pregnancy because of the diabetes.

Isobel is still in 0-3 clothes, only grew out of newborn three weeks ago. Does anyone else find that baby clothes vary in sizes?

I think Isobel's teeth are also on the move, her gums are changing.

Nice to see lots more May mummies..

yes time does help with the saggy belly :) breast feeding is the best cure and then the gym hunny, ur belly though will always feel a bit different, it looses the firmness somehow, although dont be down about it after about 9 months i was happy with my tum so hoping its not gonna stay now i have two babies :)
feeling shitty about my weight :( hate the whole tum thing but hey im bf so just being patient.
scarlett has been in sze 3 nappies for about two weeks or more now, and her next 3-6 skirt is getting small - what a chub!!! :)

zachs got his 6 week check tomorrow. apart from weighing them, what do they do. cant wait to get him weighed, im sure hes put on loads. 7lb 5oz last time, im guessing 9lbs!!!!

6 week check was, check eyes, head circumference, hips and heart. Isobel wasn't weighed. I also got asked about contraception and that was about it.

Just had Isobel weighed - 12lb 10z!!! half a pound a week!!

Glad to see more May mummies :)

Violet found her voice over the weekend :cloud9:
She cooed lots anyway but now she wont shut up :rofl::cloud9:

She's started teething too! Getting her weighed tomorrow as well.

Hope you're all doing well and loving being a mum as much as I am. Cant wait to do it allll over again :baby::happydance:

Oh!!! I didn't realise there was a thread for May mummies!!!

Mygorgeous little Euan was born on Tuesday 26 May at 7.42am weighing 7lbs 10, 2 days after our due date and after 28 hours of labour, which ended with a forceps delivery. We then spent a whole week in hospital because his temperature was slightly raised at birth which is an indication of infection so he was put onto antibiotics for 3 days - nearly 5 days but the hospital changed their mind as he was fine. I tried bf for 4 days but he wasn't latching on properly so lost 9oz in those 4 days, we've been on the bottle since and he guzzles away like nobody's business!! So the first week of his life was stressful because I just wanted to get home but the hospital were fairly vague about when we'd get the go-ahead to get released. Being stuck in a 4 bed room it was really hard seeing other girls come in with their babies and getting to go home the same day! I lost count after the 8th girl left :(

Anyway I can't believe our wee man is 7 weeks old tomorrow :) He's growing every day and is more or less spot on with his development according to our health visitor. At his 6 week check up he was 11lbs 3!

I'm feeling pretty good now, still having the odd weepy day, but enjoying being a mum, even though I don't have a clue what I'm doing half the time :rofl:

6 week check - Alex had weight, length, head circumfrence checked. They checked if his head was still floppy and if he would follow a toy (he refused to :lol:)

Had a lovely day today with Monkeh and Dexter, spent money i didnt have and got rained on so much that i was soaked to the point of giving up jumping the puddles :dohh:

I've just come home and put my back out :dohh: Bent over to hand Dexter to my sister, who was sitting on the couch, and could barely stand up again. Ouchies!

Dexter's got his 6 week check on wednesday, and I had mine today. I thought the doctor would check out down below, but she didn't. She just asked if everything was feeling back to normal, and went over contraception etc.

My guess for Dexter for Wednesday is 10lb exactly. We shall see if I'm right! :D

Monkeh my doctor never checked down below either at my check up! I thought that was the point of the check up. All she did was talk about contraceptives options and tell me my weight was obviously an issue and ask if I exercised :dohh:

I did try to point out to her I'd had a baby 6 weeks ago!?!?!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->