Maybe a good thing I haven't conceived. Need to vent. Thoughts are welcome.

I hope things work out and he changes

Thank you, but are you referring to the dog... or my bf? :laugh2:

The dog is still at his dad's and things have been getting a little better at home. I can finally relax! No more smell or hair, no yelling at the dog to get down or be quiet, no whining, no jumping the partition wall in the house or scaring the neighbors. My son needed to get something from the backyard over the weekend and I let him use my furry Bearpaw boots to slip on quick, reminding him to be careful and not step in a big pile of dog crap. I later see my boots in the back room, dog crap on the floor and on the edge of the rug beneath the dining table. Checked my boots and there was a big smashed mess of dog sh*t on the bottom of one. I am going to have to get out there and clean up the yard. We were out to eat yesterday eve and my bf mentioned not being so quick to take down the partition wall because he would want the dog to come back if it calmed down. Ugh! I felt my blood pressure spike but kept my thoughts and feelings to myself. No way is that ever happening while we are living together. And I also saw a post on Facebook where he is wanting to buy rims for his truck costing around $800-900. What?! We have a baby on the way are you kidding me? We are not rich and don't have money set aside. Ok so maybe I haven't been able to finally relax but hopefully I'll get there.

Oh wow bunny. Didn't realize things were so bad. I'm so sorry.
I'm so happy you've gotten him to rehome the dog. Why not take down the partition yourself? I think that's what I'd do.
I feel your pain though. We have two long haired, medium sized dogs we got before dd was even a thought and my god do they keep me busy when I'm already so low on time. I hope his dad keeps the dog, but as a pp said, it sounds like maybe this dog is just a small part of a bigger problem?
He's gotten rid of the dog, but is still threatening to bring it back and buy some fancy rims? Wth? Maybe another heart to heart is in order, possibly with some ultimatums, not to threaten him, but simply to preserve yourself.

I'm so very happy he relocated the dog too, so I'm trying not to get all worked up and express my thoughts verbally in regards to his comments on the matter. I would definitely be game for taking down the wall myself, I'm just afraid that if I do it will stir up another argument :shrug: All I know is I refuse to have a large pet like that in my home, or any home I reside in as I will be the one cleaning up after it. I mean, I'm still dealing with the remnants of the dog being there and will have to clean up the backyard to avoid yet another pair of shoes covered in sh*t :growlmad: And especially with the pregnancy and once the baby is here, bringing the dog back is completely out of the question. Hopefully he will be so occupied with work, me and this pregnancy, preparing our home for a new baby, and then once the baby is here all that having a child entails... he will really see why relocating his dog was for the best :thumbup: I am prepared to give him an ultimatum if it comes to that and I'm hoping it never does. And yes, the dog is only part of my concern. Financially, he has been contributing more BUT his financial goals of purchasing rims for his truck are a little askew in my opinion. We still have to move our bedroom to the lower level, which is going to entail some construction, as well as get the baby's room ready. I can think of many things the baby is going to need that will easily add up to, if not more than, the price of rims :winkwink:

Would still like to thank everyone that has continued to read, check up and comment. It reassures me that I'm not being totally out of line (right?), keeps me sane and gives me strength :bodyb:

Whatttttt. Man if it's not one thing it's another! I'm sorry you are dealing with that :( ultimatums might be the best thing, I mean he had no care about giving you one pretty much saying he would choose the dog over you. Ahhhhhhh he needs to grow up and put his damn man pants on and get over things.

Still dog free! :happydance: But he seems to think that NOW he is supposed to care for the dog and keeps talking about going over to visit and walk it, etc. WHAT?! He didn't do that when it was living with us why the heck is the dog a priority now? And apparently he's still having to buy the dog food and pay for it to be neutered and what not. Finances are an issue. Relocating the dog wasn't just to get it out of my house but also because of the time and money required to care for it. A dog that size goes through alot of food. I hope he's not doing this because he thinks the dog is coming back... because it most definitely is not. I feel like if he has extra time or energy or money he's willing to use he should start with helping me clear out our downstairs room and begin constructing our new bedroom so we can then start on the baby's room. Nine months is going to go by faster than he thinks and with us both working full time with kids at home and this pregnancy, he not only needs to prioritize his finances but his time as well. It's not the end of the world, I'm super happy the nuisance and stress of the dog is primarily eliminated... but I find myself hormonal and easily irritated now and needed to vent so I don't rip his head off!

I'd bet it's all talk. If he didn't walk him at your house, he won't walk him there either.

We'll see. I'm off work today and he isn't and will likely be too tired to do anything anyways. I've been busy st home taking the tree down, cleaning, shampooing rugs and going to start clearing out the downstairs room that will eventually be the bedroom. I'm hoping my motivation rubs off on him! :thumbup:

I've been trying to rack my memory as to when and how I got DH on the ball with planning. I think maybe it wasn't til we took the classes and got the car seat lesson at the fire station. So not til maybe 8 or nine months along unfortunately. I just dont think guys get it at all the first time around.

Oh wow! I hope I can get my partner on board with everything much sooner than that! With us rearranging bedrooms and all I'm sure he will see the need to get in gear sooner rather than later.

Here's one of my furbabies!
20150102_130450-1.jpg
She's just curled up in my lap peacefully while I take a quick break from cleaning to eat a bag of mini muffins :laugh2:

Here's another furbaby.
20150102_144838-1.jpg
The third one is out in his bed in the back room snoozing. They all just lay around quietly for the most part :thumbup: I've been trying to clear out our downstairs room today but find myself getting overwhelmed, tired and dizzy and having to keep taking breaks. Glad it's the weekend so maybe him and I can get a lot done... as long as he's not busy walking his dog :rofl:

My fur baby

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    46.1 KB · Views: 1
My goof ball

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    43 KB · Views: 1
Well, as an owner of a Boxer/Lab mix and a Boston/Rat mix, shame on your BF. You're right, dogs take responsibility and training. Daily training. Kids take a lot more in my opinion (even though I have yet to have one child), but dogs are a good trial run. And I feel for you because I have been going through a similar battle for almost 6 years and we've been married for a year. Our issue is more him taking responsibility and keeping up with the house and our dogs. I finally had to give him the ultimatim that I know he wants to have kids, but I told him either he starts keeping up with the house and the dogs and puts down the video games, or I go back on the pill. It's still a daily struggle, but we've worked through it and found a way to work it out.

Honestly though, if he's choosing his dog over you, he's not worth it. I would go back on the pill until you figure it out. Good luck!

Bummeret I was actually ready to get back on the pill or some form of birth control as soon as af came... but I was pregnant! So that's not an option now :laugh2: I agree kids are way more work and I was worried about having one with him but things have improved at home too which is good. Glad to hear you are figuring things out at your home and thanks for your input!

Here's my stud muffin George, he's an English Bulldog

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    42.9 KB · Views: 0
Ginger he is so damn cute. I just want to squeeze his face and kiss him! I could eat him up. I've got bull dog issues.

My Midget Pitbull and King Red Doberman

Attachments

• IMAG0699.jpg
    IMAG0699.jpg
    23.5 KB · Views: 4
Ginger he is so damn cute. I just want to squeeze his face and kiss him! I could eat him up. I've got bull dog issues.

I feel the same! Every time I see a bulldog I practically squeal lmao

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->