May's Munchkins 2015

Imsotired, I hardly slept at the hospital too. People were in and out the whole time. Hearing tests, pediaticians, photographers, food people, etc... The hospital had a million people plus my visitors. Didn't rest till I got home!

Today is v day, yaaaaayyyyyyyyy! 16 weeks to go! Eeeeek :)

I feel sleepy just reading about your time in hospital girls.

I'm going to limit hospital visitors to my parents and grandmother and DHs parents. Anyone else can just wait until we are home.

Happy late v day to you too!!!

Feeling like I can start getting things ready and buying more now! We are going to set up a nursery and try the crib again. Dd did not do well in the crib and co sleeps, but it will be hard with two lol. We are going to try her in a low day bed for naps starting next month and see his that goes. But the crib goes to her little brother. She hates it lol.

DS1 hated cribs - DS2 was just fine to sleep in his crib and co-sleep. I was a single Mom by the time DS2 came out so it was just easier for the middle of the night feedings to get him out of his crib and bring him to bed with me to nurse - he usually spent the rest of the night in my bed after that, but would have been fine in his crib too!

I don't know how you all co sleep. My sister does with 3 kids but I wake up at the slightest noise of my kids! I don't think I would be able to sleep at all. I did buy a cosleeper at a moms sale a few months ago and plan to just have it beside my bed for the first few weeks instead of bassinet. But after that hopefully to the crib!

I don't know how you all co sleep. My sister does with 3 kids but I wake up at the slightest noise of my kids! I don't think I would be able to sleep at all. I did buy a cosleeper at a moms sale a few months ago and plan to just have it beside my bed for the first few weeks instead of bassinet. But after that hopefully to the crib!

I used to wake up at the slightest noise, but not so much now he is older, must be an instinct thing I guess. I plan to cosleep with the new babe when she is born, we are getting a king though.

TBH, DH sleeps in he guest room some nights so it's just me and DS in the queen bed, plenty of space, he usually takes full advantage of the extra space.

V day for me next Sunday. I can't believe how fast it's come around

I don't mind co sleeping with dd, but I don't want to put the new baby in bed our bed with her in it. DH would love to have the bed to our selves again. :) and honestly so would I. Dd HATES the crib as well. So I'm thinking of taking off one side to see if she will sleep in it if she can o in and out by herself. Hopefully that will make her like it more.

There are a lot of things that my DH says he is OK with now but I wonder if he will still feel that way when baby comes. Co-sleeping is one of them! I may end up spending many nights on the couch lol

Cosleeping is not safe on a couch! I hope that is not what you meant :)

Ya know, co sleeping never even crossed my mind when I had my first. My husband started it at the hospital (the hospital I go to has a pull out couch bed) well, when we went home two days later, baby wouldn't sleep loner than 5 minutes in the bassinet.. he had to be with mommy and daddy. I was nursing so it ended up being a life saver!

Ok ladies. I need some input.. For the past couple of weeks I have been getting random pelvic pressure.. as if baby is pushing his head on my cervix. Sometimes it only lasts for a few minutes, but usually its on and off throughout the day. I didn't think to mention it to the dr at my last appointment, but its more frequent now. I won't have an appointment for 2 more weeks but I am worried about preterm labor.. a few days ago (not quite a week) I had some orangeish colored CM.. it lasted until early into the next morning but has since returned to normal, so idk if that was a result of sex earlier in the day maybe (we haven't done it since just incase) or something else..

I do get a few ache's with this pressure but I haven't noticed any other preterm labor signs as of yet.. Baby is super active, and my labor with my other 2 didn't start until my water broke so for now I am just letting things go, if I end up having to call the dr or go to the hospital I will.

I know many here are first timers but for those who do have other kids, has anyone ever experienced preterm labor? or is anyone else getting this type of pressure?

My cousin is 33 weeks and is high risk for preterm labor, she has been in the hospital a couple of times.

She has a lot of contractions/pain all the time, in her back and her lower belly. If she moves too much, they pick up. She's on bed rest. She has had some light bleeding almost constantly, she went to the hospital when she had a lot. She has lost some plug. She said she can tell when she overdoes it, because of the pains.

it stared around 30 weeks for her, she is 33 now and just hoping to keep her baby in as long as possible.

I suppose I am just a rebel! I slept with each of my boys on the couch - it worked out just fine for us. Some people say co-sleeping isn't safe at all anywhere. I think it would be hard to discribe the set up - but he was blocked from slipping into the cracks in the coushons, he was on his back, and I was on my side on the outside so he could not fall off. Durring the day I even had them nap sleeping on their stomach on my chest while I watched TV!! *gasp!* (but if I started thinking I was going to fall asleep myself I would either put him in the swing or get the couch ready for us both to sleep on.

I suppose I am just a rebel! I slept with each of my boys on the couch - it worked out just fine for us. Some people say co-sleeping isn't safe at all anywhere. I think it would be hard to discribe the set up - but he was blocked from slipping into the cracks in the coushons, he was on his back, and I was on my side on the outside so he could not fall off. Durring the day I even had them nap sleeping on their stomach on my chest while I watched TV!! *gasp!* (but if I started thinking I was going to fall asleep myself I would either put him in the swing or get the couch ready for us both to sleep on.

This is of course something that is up to you. I don't see how an infant, between your body and the back of the couch, could be safely blocked from rolling into the crack between the back of the couch and the bottom, but maybe it's just my couch!

This is of course something that is up to you. I don't see how an infant, between your body and the back of the couch, could be safely blocked from rolling into the crack between the back of the couch and the bottom, but maybe it's just my couch!

Hmmm, I will try to explain. Picture a blanket - a huge blanket compaired to your couch - draped over the back to it goes halfway down the very back of the couch and then the couch is pushed up against the wall trapping the blanket so it can't flop down on top of you and baby durring the night so baby won't be suffocated. Then the blanket goes over the seat part and down to the floor in front making it so there is just a swoop at the back of the couch.... lol again - I don't really know how to explain it well but it worked.
I may actually not co-sleep at all this time though. My back hurts to badly to sleep in one position so I toss and turn all night. When I co-slept with DS1 and DS2 I just stayed in the same position all night long. (unless I fell off the couch - that only happened a few times though and obviuosly I woke right up lol) I am going to have to see how it works out. I may just end up with a bassanet type thing by the bed that I can bring baby to bed to nurse and then put baby back in the bassanet after.... just one of those see what works things I suppose!

24 weeks today. I had a little bit of blood a few times today on the toilet tissue. I'm going to wait and if it hasn't stopped by tomorrow I will call the doctor..

Ah just be aware, blankets can suffocate as well as cushions. I'd be careful :flower: That being said, we used covers and pillows on our bed when we cosleep, which some people find completely unsafe. It is a matter of keeping your own kids safe and all.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->