May's Munchkins 2015

Has anyone elses morning sickness reappeared with a vengeance?

The only time I coslept with our daughter is when she would have a 5, 6, or 7 am feeding (breastfed) in bed. Then I'd let her stay in bed with us until whenever she and I got up for the day. Which was usually 10 or 11am when hubby was long gone to work. I was waking with her multiple times a night and I was exhausted. So if we both fell asleep while she breastfed in the morning we just stayed in there. She usually slept in a bassinet/ pak n play directly next to the bed anyway. I moved her to her own crib when I stopped breastfeeding at around 5.5-6 mos. She slept like a dream in her room! I think we had been waking her with all of our turning over and breathing, sleep noises and what have you, and she'd been doing the same to me. With a monitor and her in her own room, I was very nervous, but after a month or so of checking on her every hour I started to relax and we've been sleeping better ever since. I'm hoping that the same happens with the new baby but she will be sharing a room with my daughter eventually. Hoping it all goes well.

Not much new here. Baby is quiet some days and very active on others. As far as I know everything is well. I am having body aches and putting on weight. My bump is growing.

I'm sorry for those of you having a tough time and bleeding. I do hope everything is fine and you recover soon!

Eek Samzi! Not a symptom I'm keen to get back!! Fingers crossed it goes quickly for you!

Thanks for your advise Kaja! I'm not sure which of those reasons might cause my bump to go soft. To be on the safe side, I'm going to up my fluid intake a bit, I have been having quite a dry skin the past days, although that might also be because of the cold weather over here.

No nausea over here either, Samzi, I was very glad to see it go at 16 weeks and I'm hoping it won't be back.

Sorry didn't respond re soft/hard bumps before!

So not like super soft, but mine goes back and forth over the course of the day still. When I wake in the AM and I haven't eaten or drunk in the past 8+ hours, it is softer. When I sit, like right now, it is really soft. It doesn't usually get really stretched hard feeling until bedtime, after eating and drinking all day. Sometimes during a growth spurt, it gets hard and tight, but not normally. I just don't have a tight stomach. Like around 16 weeks, it was tight all the time. By 18 weeks, it felt noticeably softer, because my body had adjusted to the growth spurt.

Like I said, it's pretty soft right now as I'm sitting, but baby is kicking away in there. It is just normally not super firm, I think I have a layer of fat around mine or something though!

Has anyone elses morning sickness reappeared with a vengeance?

I'm thankfully not getting morning sickness back but am getting alot of heartburn at the moment!! And that's making feel quite sick sometimes! I have to keep eating or drinking to get rid of it as it comes back pretty quick after I finish eating /have a drink!
I've never had it before - can you take anything for it when you're pregnant?

V day for me too!! Been counting down for some reason just felt it was an even more important milestone this time xx

I thought my morning sickness came back but my OB thinks I had a stomach bug.

Speaking of OBs... I just had to switch to a new one and I'm quite sad about it.. :( I hope I like my new one. My old one unexpectedly had to close his practice.

:wacko: unexpectedly had to close his practice! Yikes!!!
I hope you like your new one too!

:wacko: unexpectedly had to close his practice! Yikes!!!
I hope you like your new one too!

Yeah... I lot of drama there... but regardless of why he's stopping practicing, I loved him as my OB and am really upset about it. I have my first appointment with my new OB in two weeks.

I've been kind of a ball of stress lately.. I'm also looking for a new doula (my doula from last birth isn't a doula anymore) and my 16 month old daughter diagnosed with pneumonia last weekend. I'm getting a cold, possibly pneumonia, now. :wacko: It's been nuts..

I hope everything gets sorted out quickly, Kiss. I'm often stressed as well and I really don't like it: on top of all the stress, there's now the feeling guilty for being stressed as well.

Can't wait for the weekend to start!

I just posted this in another May thread but I am having horrible hip pain at night. Both hurt incredibly bad and unfortunately I can hardly sleep. I've tried the pillow tricks but they aren't working. Anyone have suggestions that have worked for them?

Kazy, I had a lot more pain when sleeping last pregnancy but really have had no issues this time. I can't say for sure that this is the difference, but right around the time I got pregnant this time I happened to also get a 1.5 in memory foam mattress topper for our bed (it was a fairly cheap one from Kohl's, usually around a $100 I think for the king size but I got it for about $25 after discounts and such). Not sure that it would help, but I think it's worked well for me. :)

I have chronic back pain due to slipped disks and degeniterave disk disease and that pain radiates to my hips expecially sleeping on my side all night. I take a two hour warm bath at night to get all my muscles relaxed and I drink Chamamile tea and then I quick get out and climb in bed and try to get to sleep before the relaxing effects of the bath ware off. That will usually get me 3 hours of good sleep before I wake up in pain and then eventually I just crash back out due to exaustion.

I had terrible hip pain with dd2. We got the foam topper, which didn't help, I has a body pillow I had permanently shoved between my legs but I didn't get real relief from anything. We didn't have a tub at the time so I can speak to its effectiveness but I suppose it's better then nothing!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->