May's Munchkins 2015

24 weeks today. I had a little bit of blood a few times today on the toilet tissue. I'm going to wait and if it hasn't stopped by tomorrow I will call the doctor..

Oh no! Baby still moving around?

Maybe a uti? I bled with mine. But it hurt to pee!

24 weeks today. I had a little bit of blood a few times today on the toilet tissue. I'm going to wait and if it hasn't stopped by tomorrow I will call the doctor..

Oh no! Baby still moving around?

Maybe a uti? I bled with mine. But it hurt to pee!

Baby is still moving. I've had lots of uti's in the past and I have no pain or anything. I'm also so congested. Maybe all of my constant nose blowing and sneezing caused it? I don't know.. Just grasping at straws here..

Ok ladies. I need some input.. For the past couple of weeks I have been getting random pelvic pressure.. as if baby is pushing his head on my cervix. Sometimes it only lasts for a few minutes, but usually its on and off throughout the day. I didn't think to mention it to the dr at my last appointment, but its more frequent now. I won't have an appointment for 2 more weeks but I am worried about preterm labor.. a few days ago (not quite a week) I had some orangeish colored CM.. it lasted until early into the next morning but has since returned to normal, so idk if that was a result of sex earlier in the day maybe (we haven't done it since just incase) or something else..

I do get a few ache's with this pressure but I haven't noticed any other preterm labor signs as of yet.. Baby is super active, and my labor with my other 2 didn't start until my water broke so for now I am just letting things go, if I end up having to call the dr or go to the hospital I will.

I know many here are first timers but for those who do have other kids, has anyone ever experienced preterm labor? or is anyone else getting this type of pressure?

SJDs, I'm having some pressure too. Not sure if it's the same thing you're experiencing, but it varies for me between feeling like I pulled muscles or ligaments between my legs to feeling like my pelvis is splitting in two. It's just started for me this week and seems to be connected to my level of activity. I'm trying to take it easy and that seems to help. I'm a first-timer, so I may call my doctor to discuss just in case. It doesn't feel urgent to me, but I feel like I should investigate anyway. I suspect your colored CM might have just been due to the sex and hopefully the pressure we're both feeling is healthy too. :)

Debbie, I'm sure all is fine since you're got movement and no pain but a call to the doctor might ease your mind. Good luck to you.

I bled in first tri due to irritated cervix from a bm. Dr said it could get irritated from bm, sex, excessive coughing, etc. so that very well may be it!

Glad baby is moving! That's a great sign. Hope all goes back to normal soon!

Sjds this is #4 for me and the pressure is so much more and earlier than with any of my others. I think it's pretty normal. My dr even said she was surprised how low baby was sitting when she listened for heartbeat. But all is normal I guess. She said as there was no bleeding it's fine. She said bleeding at this point would mean a visit back to the office.

Just catching up, my husband Co slept with dd2 for months. She refused to sleep well anywhere but with him. He's this amazing sleeper with kids. He's asleep but totally aware of the baby so he doesn't move, he just holds the baby and wakes up the moment they move so he can re adjust if necessary. He was my Savior for that, I can't sleep with anyone but him I wake up constantly.

Hope you're okay Deb. Bleeding is always scary. Hopefully it's nothing or for a common reason xox.

Afm, I'm having little mini panic attacks over this uti thing. I'm TERRIFIED it'll happen again and I'm not even done my meds. I have about 7 pills left from 20 and I'm freaking out constantly anytime I have to pee more then I think I should. This evening I had 3 small cups of water, half a sprite and I had to pee 3x back to back and almost started hyperventilating. I'm going to my doctors on Wednesday to get retested, that's nice it's just an in and out pee n go thing. I'm on my second gigantic container of cran juice too. I also just started a temp job because we stressed on money, so my stress levels are epic. :/

I am sorry meAhgan, I know it's scary. Are you on amoxicillin or something else for your uti?

I tried to get a part time temp job to help out before baby comes, but no one here wants to hire someone part time for only two months. So I am just readjusting the budget again. Ugh. Kudos to you for getting temp work!

That is frustrating atx, I have a temporary job, but it's full time. I really want a part time one. Luckily, I'm a CPA, temporary is the name of the game in tax season. I actually have an interview this afternoon, I don't think it will work out. When I heard about the job, I thought I heard temporary and a few days a week, but when I spoke with her yesterday it didn't sound like that. However, it is pretty local, my MIL's house is ON the way, which means I could drop DS off and pick him up easily, and drop by and see him on lunch and stuff, which would make her really happy. She watches him at my house but would SO prefer to do it at her house.

I'll go to the interview and see what they need though, it's a nice small outfit, which is one thing I've always wanted to do, it just seems like it would work better. They may be able to work with me on maternity leave and what not, or do some work from home sometimes, there are some possibilities it may work out anyway.

Meagan, I'm sorry to hear things are not going well. I hope you are able to relax about it and feel better soon!

atx614 - I just realized your kidlets will be almost the exact same age gap as my DS1 and DS2!! DS1's bday is 9-23-02 and DS2's is 5-19-04 :)

My DD was born 9/13/13 and I'm due 5/27/15 so I have the same age gap, too! :)

I'm on keflex for the uti but I fear my symptoms are coming back. It's so hard to tell between uti and the baby on my bladder. All the movement I'm feeling is super low and even though I have to pee every 2 or 3 hours I actually do have to pee. I'm also making sure I'm drinking a lot of cran juice and water too so that I do have to pee. It's a vicious cycle, peeing more cuz I'm drinking more to make sure I pee lmao.

I go to my Dr tomorrow to leave a sample for retesting, my prescription is up tomorrow too, I have a couple days worth of amoxicillin too I might take until the Dr calls me back. I will be requesting low dose antibiotics for the remainder of my pregnancy, this is too stressful on me.

Hey ladies - hope your all starting to feel better!! It must be so hard to feel ill/ have bleeding and pain! Hope its all is nothing serious and goes away soon!

I have a question for you non first timers!! I keep feeling kicks/punches really low that are uncomfortable but not painful. I originally thought it was baby kicking my cervix but its not as painful as I thought that would be, so I'm wondering as my placenta is so low and close to my cervix could baby be punching that? Would I feel that, or could I be feeling that through my placenta and onto my cervix so not as painful as a direct hit but still a strange uncomfortable feeling?

typically you can't really feel it when baby punches your placenta (that is why not feeling baby is a sign that you have an Anterior Placenta). It could be that baby is just not strong enough for the punching of the cervix to hurt that much. It could also be that your cervix is just not as sensitive as some woman's is. I wouldn't think you could feel the punches through your placenta to your cervix yet but this is all just my opinion. I could be completely wrong.

Is it lightening crotch? https://trimestertalk.com/lightning-crotch/

Is it lightening crotch? https://trimestertalk.com/lightning-crotch/

Interesting! I've never heard of that before! It could be but its not something that's painful that's why I find it strange!

If, like kajastarlight suggested my cervix is just not as sensitive as others then let's hope that remains the same for labour!! :haha:

Thanks for your input ladies! If I remember at my next appointment I'll mention it to my midwife! :)

I'm a FTM, but sometimes I feel those low and uncomfortable but not too painful kicks as well. I always assumed it was my cervix as well, though I guess there's no way to be sure :)

Do you girls find as well that your bump is sometimes hard and sometimes softer? To me it seems like there can be a big difference, but I'm not sure what causes it?

Thanks for the responses ladies. I'm still getting this pressure on and off =/ no more oddly colored mucus, but I'm getting a few pinches here and there too as well as the random painful braxton hicks (but those are not regular) so no far nothing has warranted a call to the dr or a visit to ER so I guess we will just have to wait and see.

Eline - It could be many reasons for it to go hard/soft. Here is a partial list of reasons it would get hard:

1 - you need to poo or are digesting a really big meal. Space is limited now, so you start feeling things like full intestines.

2 - you have gas. Because of the limited space thing gas bubbles may not move around as much causing a constant bloat.

3 - you could be having a Braxton Hick contraction. Unless you have a complicated pregnancy Braxton Hicks contractions are not really a big worry. (Its very comon to get them after an orgasum at any stage of you pregnancy for example)

4 - baby is growing and your body hasn't caught up yet. It takes time for your muscles to streach out!

The only reasons I can think of for it being soft:

1 - none of the reasons it would be hard are happening.

2 - your body has adjusted to baby's last growth spurt.

3 - you are dehydrated and your amniotic (sp! sorry) fluid (your water level) is too low. You will have other signs of dehydration if this is the reason. Like your eyes will be dry and your mouth and your skin will be scalley. Your body will take from your baby absolutely last so if you are dehydrated enough to deflate your bump drink drink drink and consider going to the Dr. If you stay that way for over a day definatly call your Dr.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->