May's Munchkins 2015

Baby is going to stay in our room for at least 6 months, and maybe longer if breastfeeding goes well. Then she will share a room with our daughter (our house is small) which is already set up like a nursery as my daughter is only just 2.

I am contemplating getting a second chest of drawers for in there so I don't have to rearrange dd's clothing and they could each have their own. I also might move the crib to the other side of the room. Maybe move some toys to the finished basement and make it a playroom. Other than that, all we have to do is wash all of the baby stuff and put it away. Set up the baby swing and get the baby carseat out and installed. It seems like a lot but it isn't really, and can pretty much all be done in a day or two. I'm waiting until I'm a little closer to being due as I'm also only 24 weeks today.

As for new things, I have a short list of things that we need. A new bouncer chair, new bottles, maybe a new breast pump, a few more outfits, etc. Nothing big but the dresser if we decide we need it.

Happy v day imsotired!!

I will keep the baby in with us at the beginning too, so there is really no rush on the nursery. But it is more for me to have done, lol. It makes me feel better and I loved sitting in there while pregnAnt with dd. it just makes everything real I guess. So I want it done, haha.

We are kind of in a strange stage of living right now. My Mother and two sons live with us and we only have 3 bedrooms. Baby will share a room with us probably until he is 1 or so. My Mother is probably going to move out around then (she is on waiting lists for low income appartments) and then Ian will probably have his own room and DS1 and DS2 will continue to share. DS1 and DS2 have no real desire NOT to share rooms and I don't think either would really want to share with a 1 year old! LOL

I think it probably doesn't help that I'm one of the last due dates in the month so I'm feeling "behind" of everyone entering/about to enter third tri.

I feel the same due late May!

Well i am now worried and would like your input. I am 25+6 with boy/girl twins. When i was 24 weeks i had a private scan and they measured 8 days ahead. They had always measured 4 days ahead in all other scans previously. Yesterday i had i scan at the dr office and they had only gained like 130g and were measuring 25+6 so only one day ahead. Their heartrates also dropped around 10 beats each all of this only in 12 days. So now i am worried because there was almost no growth from one scan to the next. I know if you look at yesterdays scan individually it looks great but if you know about the other then they havent progressed. Do you think its the beginning of iugr? Am i being crazy?

I have another scan a week from friday and im praying there will be tons of growth!

Im so happy to almost be in 3rd tri... Just one week away.

From my last period baby is due May 8th. On my first scan baby measured with a due date of May 5th and then I told my Dr. the new due date and he said they don't actually change it unless it is more than 2 weeks different because baby's in utero have growth spurts and lulls at a little bit different times just like any person already born. Maybe it is like that?

I would say it's probably
Fine. Heart rate dropping 10 is not much at all and fluctuates all the time depending on activity. Plus depending on how stretched out they were could change how big they measure. My daughter measured right on May 8th at first appointment at 7 weeks then a week behind that at 11 weeks then right on track at 15 then 20 weeks. So hopefully nothing to worry about! Thankfully you get to see them again next week!

Hey ladies - I got this link from another lady who's journal I stalk and thought I would share. Its super cool! You can see your baby's development to the day and it has a ticker down to the second lol
https://www.askbaby.com/baby-development-pictures.htm

Ultrasounds get less and less accurate at measuring size as the pregnancy advances. I'd guess it's just errors and everything is just fine. And like someone said, 10 beats per minute difference is normal. Heart rate decreases over time throughout the pregnancy which is why it's common to have the highest rate early in first tri and then lower as you go on.

Our baby's heart rate varied from 140 to 150 to 160s all within a few seconds at our appointment Monday. And my belly was measuring a week ahead, even though the baby measured right on time at our ultrasound last month. Hopefully this helps.

Our Lo's hb went from 160-140 in two weeks. He was super chill when it was in the 140s. Dr said its activity level.

I was also measuring a week ahead, then two weeks later measuring right on. It all has to do with growth spurts!

I had iugr with dd and measured behind since 12 weeks. At 20 weeks I was 2 weeks behind. By 30 weeks her stomach started measuring small and they monitored me more. Not in all cases, but usually you would have measured small around 20 weeks if you are possible iugr.

Thanks everyone. Im trying not to be too concerned. I will let you all know how things go next friday.

I was wondering how much weight everyone has gained. As of today i have gained 25 pounds which they say is ok for twins, but i feel like a whale. Especially since i am usually always watching my weight or trying too haha.

I lost 7-8 lb in first tri and now have only put back on about 6-7lb so I'm taking that as I've pretty much stayed the same. But bump is huge so not really sure how! :shrug:

Is it too late to join? :hi:

I am on a may babies group on FB but nothing on BnB. I was originally due May 18th, now pushed to May 11th as per LMP :) I am staying team yellow.

Oh yes, and Ive gained 6.7 kgs already :(

Oooh just an update, definitely feeling more pregnant. Last week my carpal tunnel I had with DS returned, although not nearly as bad (yet). I also started having foot/ankle pain, it just feels like my feet are being smooshed out or something. I bought some compression socks to see if that helps, and then had two days off work. Haven't had the issues in the two days I've been off, so I think it's sitting at a desk and not moving around, probably some fluid accumulating, but not enough for visible swelling. I hope the socks help as I'm back to work today!

Anyone else dealing with any fun pregnancy stuff yet, or am I the only one\ :haha:

Thanks everyone. Im trying not to be too concerned. I will let you all know how things go next friday.

I was wondering how much weight everyone has gained. As of today i have gained 25 pounds which they say is ok for twins, but i feel like a whale. Especially since i am usually always watching my weight or trying too haha.

Last pregnancy at this time I had gained about 25 pounds. This pregnancy I've gained 15 pounds. It can be frustrating feeling like you are bigger than you should be but if your doctor isn't concerned, I'm sure you're fine.

Is it too late to join? :hi:

I am on a may babies group on FB but nothing on BnB. I was originally due May 18th, now pushed to May 11th as per LMP :) I am staying team yellow.

Oh yes, and Ive gained 6.7 kgs already :(

Welcome! Added you to the first post! :flower:

Hey gals!

Quick responses to previous posts:

I wouldn't worry about hb either, my babies is all over the place and I agree with growth spurts and lulls.
I've gained -13 pounds. Yup, lost more weight this pregnancy then I have in my entire life. Don't go back until Feb 23/ 24 to see if I've gained anything finally.
I too have to do the drink test next weekend ugh. Not looking forward to it.
Anyone else finding it ridiculous to turn over in bed these days??
Last week in 2nd trimester!! Holy smokes.

Xox

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->