May's Munchkins 2015

I've gained 15lbs so far.

I have a few "fun" pregnancy symptoms. Hip pain- got a sweet new pillow that's really helping though. My left arm and leg keep falling asleep. Not sure what's up with that. And I have spells of dizziness.
But honestly I can't complain because I generally feel pretty good. I can definitely tell this is my 4th and I'm in my 30s now. My body just feels older this time around. Lol

I've gained 20 lbs so far, opps. I gained 30 lbs overall with my daughter and have about 14 more weeks to go with this one... If I can keep it to 35 lbs (the upper range suggested to gain for a "normal" starting weight) then I'll be happy. I need to lay off the sugar!

I've been feeling pretty good, but my biggest complaint would be tailbone pain. I've also been having a lot more aches and pains in general thn last time, including some side pain that has me doubled over at times. I'm hoping nothing serious pops up in the next couple months!

I've gained about 7 pounds so far. I only gained 23 lbs with dd, so I'm expecting to gain about the same this time. My bump is already big and gets HUGE by the end! Lol.

My sciatic nerve has been excruciating lately. It hurts to lay on my left hip or my back with the hip propped up with a pillow. And especially tryinging to roll over in bed! I'm switching chiropractors at the moment, so I can't get in until the end of the month. Boo. My legs have been falling asleep, as well, but only if I sit on them for a few minutes. And I've been having pulled muscle feelings in my inner thighs, they get worse after doing too much walking. Overall, I've had a better pregnancy this time around. Normal blood pressure, minimal swelling.

Hey gals!

Quick responses to previous posts:

I wouldn't worry about hb either, my babies is all over the place and I agree with growth spurts and lulls.
I've gained -13 pounds. Yup, lost more weight this pregnancy then I have in my entire life. Don't go back until Feb 23/ 24 to see if I've gained anything finally.
I too have to do the drink test next weekend ugh. Not looking forward to it.
Anyone else finding it ridiculous to turn over in bed these days??
Last week in 2nd trimester!! Holy smokes.

Xox

Haha with turning over in bed I genuinely feel like a beached whale trying to move!!!

OMG, having to roll over in bad is crazy for me! Ha! Not only do I have this big ol' belly to compinsate for, I get ligament stretching paid easily AND it agrivates the slipped disks in my back! Oh sweet Ian, you better give Mommy extra snuggles when you come out!! <3

Rolling over in bed and getting up to pee is terrible! Lol

This pregnancy I have had terrible, hip, back, inner thigh/groin area, and tailbone pain. I had it with my dd, but not until around 35 weeks. This time it started around 20 weeks!

I still don't 'feel' pregnant apart from the baby kicking and moving!. Maybe I'm waiting for some kind of feeling of illness to start lol idk but I feel like my usual self but slower :haha:

I did manage to sleep for 13 hours last night! I was in bed by 7pm :haha: oh I've felt so refreshed all day if only I could have that much sleep every night!

I also had my midwife appointment for 25 weeks yesterday bump is measuring exactly 25 weeks I've put on 3lbs ish so far. She had a listen in as well and she said he sounded great.

Can I ask, UK ladies, how many midwife appointments have you had and how many have you got booked / planned?

It's usually when I turn over I discover I have to pee lmao. I can't imagine how much worse this is going to get haha.

My husband said I've been grumpy this whole pregnancy. He said last pregnancy I was only grumpy first tri and the last month. I don't think I'm going to get un-grumpy this pregnancy... haha

Has anyone else been constantly congested? Nothing seems to help me except nasal spray and I know you're not supposed to use it long term. I am so tired of breathing out of my mouth.. :nope:

I also had my midwife appointment for 25 weeks yesterday bump is measuring exactly 25 weeks I've put on 3lbs ish so far. She had a listen in as well and she said he sounded great.

Can I ask, UK ladies, how many midwife appointments have you had and how many have you got booked / planned?

I've had 3 so far I think - booking, 16 wk, 23wk, and I have 1 booked next week. Not sure how many more I need to have, but I'm also being consultant led coz of bmi and my dads heart condition so I'm having a couple extra hospital/scan visits.

As for congestion, its not so bad that I can't breathe, but I have been constantly needing to blow my nose - I've never known snot like it!! :haha:

I never would have guessed that at only 25 weeks turning around in bed takes so much effort already. And than this baby still had to get three to four times as heavy!

I don't have too much pregnancy problems to complain about: my left hip can be sore when I'm on my left side in bed, I have a little acid reflux, which is easily fixed with a Rennie. Oddly though: I do have a lot more earwax than before: I have to clean my ears every day now. Don't really know what's causing that.

Has anyone else been constantly congested? Nothing seems to help me except nasal spray and I know you're not supposed to use it long term. I am so tired of breathing out of my mouth.. :nope:

Not this pregnancy but I did last pregnancy. I thought a humidifier was helpful but nothing really took it away. My doc last time suggested benedryl. Have you asked your OB/midwife?

I think it is crazy how some Dr's are like "here, take some benedryl" and other doctors are like "DO NOT TAKE BENEDRYL!!!" Apparently your mucus plus is made of hystamines and taking antihystamines can make it break apart? But I know that many docs say its not strong enough to do that.... its just one of those strange things about being pregnant!

Hello ladies! been a while (once again I must apologize for that!) Just got back from my 28 week appointment ( I'll be 28 weeks tomorrow) so had my glucose test and my last routine ultrasound.

Good news! My placenta only needs to move about 1/2 centimeter more to avoid a scheduled c section! Baby looks great, measures a week ahead and estimated at 2 lbs 12 oz.
https://i855.photobucket.com/albums/ab120/ourpeacefulchaos/28%20weeks.jpg

Ah sjd what a lovely Pic! That's a contented happy face!! Xx

Great pic sjd! And that is awesome news about your placenta! Surely it will move up more in the next 12 weeks!

I have my 28 week apt next week and glucose, but no scan :(. And my dr is out of town so this will be with someone from his office. Ugh. Hoping I will have a scan at my 30 or 32 week apt. If not, I will do a private one. I am excited to have apts every 2 weeks now instead of having to wait 4!

atx614 - happy Rutabaga week!!! (I don't go on BnB on the weekends usually, so I won't be able to tell you tomrrow :) )

Thanks ladies! I've had a few symptoms that could lead to preterm labor but it only seems to happen when he's head down, which he was for a long time but has moved to transverse recently so things have lightened up. If I do make it full term, this might be my "big" baby haha my 1st was 6 lbs 13 oz at 40 +6, my daughter was 39 +4 and weighed 6 lbs 7.8 oz so I tend to have smaller babies (with big heads haha). So glad all is well, and I must say, little man is quite a cutie :) I'm lucky enough that my dr's do a routine ultrasound during each trimester. He was sleeping though, so we really only got the one picture of his face =/ The tech tried to get more but he wouldn't budge, she had me on my side and jiggled my stomach but he just buried his head more and covered his face with his arms =/ We did catch him grabbing at his feet though momentarily.

Lovely scan picture SJD!

I have my private 4D scan tomorrow!, can't wait to see my baby boy again. It's a 30 minute scan so I'm hoping we get some really great pictures! We will also get a DVD :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->