May's Munchkins 2015

I passed my early 1 hour one by 30 points at 19 weeks, but when I did my second one at 26.5 weeks I failed by 1 point!! Grrr... I am still so mad. Oh well. With dd I passed by 1 point. I didn't fast for any of them. But I put maple syrup in my coffee before the one I failed. So lame. That probably added the 1 point.

I am doing my 2 hour glucose test on Thursday. It was 3 hours up until recently, but the hospital group decided 2 hours was plenty long I guess. The mw said to try to eat clean the day or 2 before the test, but there's no way to fool the test if you have gestational diabetes. And I still fast for 8 hours before the first test, except water.

My midwife said we could we could bring in our own 100% juice if we were opposed to the nasty drink. But I think you would drink double the amount of the normal drink. If we have any more babies maybe I'll try that instead.

I have my 1 hour glucose test tomorrow.. I failed the 1 hour with my daughter and went on to pass the 3 hour "with flying colors" They say that you don't need to fast for the 1 hour, but I plan to anyways. I am convinced that is the reason I failed it last time. Plus, with a busy 14 month old, I just don't have the time to do the 3 hour test.

Have you ladies had your tests yet? If so, did you fast for them, and how were your results?

Hi all! Im around but dont post much. I fasted for the 1 hour test and still failed. I have to go back for the three hour test on thursday:shrug:

Good luck on your 3 hour test!

I've sinusitis so feeling really rubbish. Im on antibiotics so hopefully in a few days I will feel better. It's awful though. Ive not been sleeping well at all and I'm generally feeling sorry for myself

I had bronchitis two weeks ago and sinusitis last week. Being sick while pregnant is the WORST!!!

I have my 1 hour glucose test tomorrow.. I failed the 1 hour with my daughter and went on to pass the 3 hour "with flying colors" They say that you don't need to fast for the 1 hour, but I plan to anyways. I am convinced that is the reason I failed it last time. Plus, with a busy 14 month old, I just don't have the time to do the 3 hour test.

Have you ladies had your tests yet? If so, did you fast for them, and how were your results?

I can't remember if I talked about this on the fb group or not but I'm doing an alternative to the traditional glucose test this time. Some doctors will let you test your blood sugar at home 4 times a day for a certain period of time instead of the one hour or three hour tests. My doctor's alternative is a special meal/snack that I will eat an hour before my appointment rather than that nasty drink. The drink made me so sick last time so I asked if there was something else I could do. The thing I'm doing instead is a plain bagel (with or without cream cheese) plus 4 oz of OJ. I'm doing mine in 3 weeks when I go for my 28 week appointment.

I actually didn't mind the orange drink last time. I have quite the sweet tooth, so that is probably why it didn't bother me.

I passed my early 1 hour one by 30 points at 19 weeks, but when I did my second one at 26.5 weeks I failed by 1 point!! Grrr... I am still so mad. Oh well. With dd I passed by 1 point. I didn't fast for any of them. But I put maple syrup in my coffee before the one I failed. So lame. That probably added the 1 point.

I am doing my 2 hour glucose test on Thursday. It was 3 hours up until recently, but the hospital group decided 2 hours was plenty long I guess. The mw said to try to eat clean the day or 2 before the test, but there's no way to fool the test if you have gestational diabetes. And I still fast for 8 hours before the first test, except water.

My midwife said we could we could bring in our own 100% juice if we were opposed to the nasty drink. But I think you would drink double the amount of the normal drink. If we have any more babies maybe I'll try that instead.

Ugh! I would be so mad if I failed by just 1 point! :growlmad:

With my DS1 the orange stuff was so horrid I threw it up almost as soon as swollowing it! Then we tried purple with the same reaction. Then we tried chilled for each and it ended up taking FOREVER for me to be able to keep enough down to do the test! With DS2 my office started carrying lemon/lime stuff and that was not nearly as bad. Drank it down (slowly) with no problem!
Hopefully by now they have come up with a little bit better tasting stuff. Why can't I just eat a bunch of fudge????

I took the gestational diabetes test on Thursday of last week and they said I'd hear back in 1-3 days if I failed, so I think I'm all set! Fingers crossed :) The drink I had wasn't bad at all. Tasted like flat Sprite to me :)

Samzi hope you feel better.

I took my glucose test this morning. I almost forgot to go lol! I had the sprite kind and it was not good. I felt like throwing up but within about 15 minutes I was ok. I should have results tomorrow at my dr appointment. I failed it with my 2nd son the. Passed the 3 hour. I am so hoping I passed this one!!

The drink gave me a migraine and made me jittery and nauseous. Hence my choice to do an alternative this time!

hahah I didn't mind it much! It tasted like orange soda to me! Then again, all I want is sugar during this pregnancy... :)

I did pass the test, though... phew!

Hi Ladies! It's been awhile since I've posted but I try to check in and see how everyone is doing at least once a week. It's nice to see that people are feeling the same way as me! I can't wait for May! I was team yellow but ended up caving and found out we are having a baby girl! That's two little girls for us! Super excited about it! Anyways just wanted to say hi and hope everyone is doing well!

Hi Ladies! It's been awhile since I've posted but I try to check in and see how everyone is doing at least once a week. It's nice to see that people are feeling the same way as me! I can't wait for May! I was team yellow but ended up caving and found out we are having a baby girl! That's two little girls for us! Super excited about it! Anyways just wanted to say hi and hope everyone is doing well!

congrats on Team Pink! :pink:

Well I failed my glucose today. :/ I have to take 3 hour within the week. I am honestly incredibly surprised. I feel like I eat healthy and have been watching what I eat. I am not overweight at all and no history of diabetes in my family.
Oh well. Hopefully I don't fail the next one.

Kazy - I hope you don't fail your next one too! My sister had gestational diabeties with her DD (first kid) and we were shocked too. She was/is not overweight, she didn't eat a lot of junk food (she had some but really ate it in moderation), she was active.... it was a shock! The Dr. said "it just happens if it is going to happen" She did not have it with her DS (2nd kid)

Me, on the other hand, am overweight and with DS1 and DS2 had such bad morning, afternoon, and night sickness that I ate anything I could and usually that was simple carbs. (and simple carbs turn to sugar in your digestive process) And I had NO blood sugar problems at all. (knock on wood for this one!)

I think it is hit and miss

Ugh, I have my test on Friday. I had to take the early one this pregnancy and he drink is just terrible. I hope I pass this one!

@Kazy- Try not to stress to much about potentially having GD. I unfortunately failed my 3 hour screening a couple of weeks ago, and begrudgingly joined the finger poking club. I'm far from overweight, and a vegetarian! Before I got pregnant I ran a minimum of 45 minutes a day five days a week. If you have it, then you have it, not much you can do to change that. The sooner you find out, the sooner you can make any changes necessary to keep both you and your baby safe. Unless you are a major carb loader, It's not that much of a dietary change, just being careful to balance things out. AM seems to be my biggest issue as oats are my go to breakfast, and they tend to spike my blood sugar. Regardless, the health of you and your little one is the most important thing. Good luck!

I have my glucose test (the 1 hr screen) at my next appointment. I left a message with my OB today about doing something alternative to the drink. I'm not a fan of some of the ingredients (probably not in the UK version...seeing as how the ingredients are banned in the UK).

I have heard some people who are really healthy but eat low carb/low sugar fail badly because the sugar is so foreign to their systems, perhaps some people are just so healthy I guess?

Ugh! I would be so mad if I failed by just 1 point! :growlmad:

That's why I'm so angry about it! I grumbled about it the whole day, lol.

I wasn't given a specific amount time to go back in. My sister could only babysit this Thursday, so it's 11 days after the 1 hour one. Hopefully it doesn't mess anything up.

I have my glucose test (the 1 hr screen) at my next appointment. I left a message with my OB today about doing something alternative to the drink. I'm not a fan of some of the ingredients (probably not in the UK version...seeing as how the ingredients are banned in the UK).

I have heard some people who are really healthy but eat low carb/low sugar fail badly because the sugar is so foreign to their systems, perhaps some people are just so healthy I guess?

I suppose I could look this up, lol, but what's in the ingredients?? I thought it was sugar water!

I suppose I could look this up, lol, but what's in the ingredients?? I thought it was sugar water!

brominated vegetable oil. Its also in mt dew and other citrus flavored sodas.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->