May's Munchkins 2015

Haha fudge sounds great! Or really I would be happy with just normal soda or juice. The glucose drink is too syrupy and think. Ugh. Already dreading it!

I agree fudge would be awesome. A nurse friend told me they could do the test by you eating like 7-8 Hershey kisses. That would be great too!!
My 3 hour today was LONG! Haha. And I felt ok during the test but at lunch I got really
Dizzy and broke out in a serious sweat. Still dizzy but not as bad.

Hope all your tests go well! I got my results yesterday and I passed - so I celebrated with a cream egg when I got back to work after my appointment!! :haha:

My pregnancy brain is kicking in again! My job is as a support for live in carers, and a lot of the carers I look after are European, they are lovely to talk to but I cannot pronounce their names at the best of times, currently I am finding myself so tongue tied I am making an absolute egit of myself - much to the entertainment of my colleague's!!!

So I talked with my midwife about the hospitals policy on having dd spend the night if needed. She said it was just fine and that even if I wanted her there during labor, I could. (Not that I'm going to) I love my hospital! There are no specific visiting hours either. Hopefully dd will be fine with her auntie over night, but I'm so happy to have a back up plan and so is my sister. Lol.

So I talked with my midwife about the hospitals policy on having dd spend the night if needed. She said it was just fine and that even if I wanted her there during labor, I could. (Not that I'm going to) I love my hospital! There are no specific visiting hours either. Hopefully dd will be fine with her auntie over night, but I'm so happy to have a back up plan and so is my sister. Lol.

I am jealous!!

It's my understanding the UK doesn't routinely screen for GD - only if you have risk factors. Am I remembering that right from pregnancy #1?

Though unfortunately, it does happen in very healthy people so you just never know. Also.. the false positive rate (they say you may have GD but you don't actually have it) for the one hour test is really high so just because you failed your 1 hour doesn't mean you have GD.

That is great! I am going to ask at my next appointment about their policy. I have never left my 14 month old for longer than a few hours so I don't know how I will be able to leave her for a few nights.. :nope:

You are lucky Ruby! My hospital says absolutely no --- but that is not a biggie as my kids are older and have no problem staying the night with Grandmommom. (she lives with us, so it is the obvious choice) But even if they couldn't with her they would have no problem with their Dad, or other Grandparents, or at the neighbors house... LOL heck. They might not even mind staying by themselfs but no way would we let them! LOL

The drink I had wasn't bad at all. Tasted like flat Sprite to me :)

Mine too. I actually really liked it :thumbup:

I had the orange drink (had the same with my dd as well) I liked it both times. I don't know why everyone makes it out to be so awful.

I probably wouldn't mind the drink if I was not pregnant! LOL But I had terrible sickness with DS1 and DS2... haven't had to do it yet with this one. (probably next apt) I am not having as bad sickness (with the exception of yesterday and today) so it might not be so bad this go 'round

I didn't think the drink was too bad the first time either. A bit too sweet but once it was gone I was fine. I believe I'll be having that test after I see my new doctor. I do hope to pass it. I've been putting on a lot of weight and I don't always eat the best though I did pretty much the same with my first and was fine then. I guess I'll just have to wait and see.

I'm with you Kaja- my
Kids will sleep anywhere. Lol. And they are so easy to put in bed. I am incredibly lucky that way. I just hope to have someone on call over night because I don't particularly want to wake three kids up to get to the hospital!!

Took my 3 hour glucose test yesterday and just found out I passed. I figured even if I hadn't it would be ok. There are worse diagnosis' to get while pregnant. And at least it's something that could have been managed.

Do a lot of you already have baby's room set up? I haven't even started and am beginning to feel behind. I do t have to buy any furniture and she's moving in with my daughter so there isn't a ton of space. Mostly just painting, washing clothes, and organizing.

I do not have anything set up LOL Its getting close to time to get on the freaking move!!!

I have hardly even bought anything, just some clothes! I still need to sell my old strollers before I buy a new one, we won't get a crib as we cosleep full time, we bought DS a new car seat so *we* have one for DD, but we plan to buy one and give that to MIL so she will have one too. Doesn't have to be today though, IYKWIM. Not too much to set up I guess, we need diapers and a changing area though, as the dresser we used as a changing table with DS has bit the dust.

Anyone ells doing cloth diapers?? This will be my first time cloth diapering and I just wondered if anyone ells in this thread did

I didn't think the drink tasted all that bad (I didn't like it but I could drink it) but my body had a really bad reaction to it (jittery, nauseous, dizzy, and then a migraine).

I cloth diaper! I didn't start with my DD until 4 months so this will be my first time cloth diapering since birth.

what would you say the biggest challange is??? I am so worried that I am thinking it won't be too much harder then disposable diapering and wonder if I am "making light" of it too much and will get overwhelemed with the real life application!

I cloth diaper too!

I used disposable with dd until she was about 3 months because her legs were so skinny and I kept having leaks in cloth. So if that happens, don't get frustrated, no shame in using disposables for a bit!

I like all in ones, they are a bit more pricey, but just like disposables so easy for my husband and others to use! I use other kinds when it's just me and dd, but I recommend having some all in ones so others don't get intimidated, lol.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->