May's Munchkins 2015

So I took my 2 hour glucose test today and I failed 1 of the 3 blood draws. They said that means I have gestational diabetes :( oh well. I go in next Friday to learn how to manage it.

We haven't done much to get ready for baby. I'm trying to wait until march or April to start getting things put back together. I bought 4 zip up pajamas, but that's about it. And I'll have the pack and play and cosleeper cot brought out closer to my due date.

Ruby - bummer.... My sister had that and didn't seem to have too hard of a time managing it. Her DD came out on the chunky side and it took a few days for her milk to come in - but all in all it wasn't so darn bad. Hope it all goes well for you!

Thanks! My dd was 10.5 lbs and I didn't have gd. Hopefully this one will be a bit smaller. And I still nurse dd, so I hopefully shouldn't have A problem with my milk coming in. It's going to be a lot of work to pay attention to my diet, but I can do it.

I had gd with my dd, but I also had iugr so she was only 5 and a half pounds! The finger pricking sucked, but the extra scans were nice!

Sorry to all of you doing the glucose test. I dont get the test as am not high risk but was fine last time. Am thinking of doing private gbs scan though.

In terms of prep, we've bought wallpaper for my daughters new room so we can move her out of the nursery. Also got her some bedside cabinets and a toybox secondhand from a local fb sale items page. Got a few clothes for new baby but expecting a batch of hand - me - downs from his cousin so can't wait for those. Also bought a cosleep cot from ebay as regretted not having one last time and spent too many nights asleep with my daughter on my chest! Thinking of getting a second hand swing chair for baby - snything to keep them content this time!

Got the 4d scan on Saturday so planning on clearing out all the girls stuff I have once that 110% confirms it's a boy. Can't wait! Will keep some of my favourite bits though such as her bridesmaid dress.

I'm cloth nappying too!!! Can't wait to get started.

The nursery furniture is coming end of march I'm so excited to get it put up :)

what would you say the biggest challange is??? I am so worried that I am thinking it won't be too much harder then disposable diapering and wonder if I am "making light" of it too much and will get overwhelemed with the real life application!

We cloth 100% of the time and actually get quite annoyed when we have to be in disposables for any length of time (like when DD got a yeast rash). I really like cloth diapers. I think the biggest challenge is once they eat solids, you have to spray the poop before you can throw the diaper in the wash. DH does our laundry so I can't really speak to how difficult that is to add on but that is another added step you wouldn't have with disposables. DH is probably even more pro-cloth than I am though so it's definitely worth it to him. We like it for the cost benefit, being more green environmentally, and because they're cute. :)

Found out I passed my 3 hour glucose test. I'm very happy about that. Ruby- my dr said for most they can control it through sit and not need medicine. So that's at least a good thing.

Can't believe 28 weeks! Eggplant seems big, lol.

Kiss, we love cloth too! Spraying poop was annoying for a few months, but now her poop is way more sold and you can just shake it, sorry tmi, and it's super simple. We did buy a diaper sprayer though and so glad we did! Good investment! Also get a few wet bags kajastarlight!

We are going to clear out the guest room next weekend. Even though he won't be in his room for a while I am so excited to work on it!!!

We have our second attempt at our 4D scan tomorrow!. I so so hope it goes well!!, I already feeling emotional thinking about not getting to see him properly!!. I must try hold it together :haha:

Good luck! Our one with our 1st baby went ok for 20 mins then she buried her face for the rest so I've opted for the full 45 in session again just in case x

With dd they couldn't get good pics the first time either, but then got some great ones the 2nd time! Good luck!

Just got back from my 28 week apt. The glucose drink they gave me this time was red. It was SO much better than the orange. If I fail and have to take the three hour, I will ask for red!!

My fundal night was only 26cm instead of 28. She said it probably isn't a big deal, but since I had iugr with my dd, she booked me a scan in two weeks to check growth. I am a bit nervous, but also super excited to see baby boy!

Is everyone else's fundal height measuring spot on? Smaller? Bigger?

Not had mine done yet but in my last pregnancy mine went up and down depending who measured it!

I don't remember them saying anything about it..... so I suppose it was normal?

Mine was 28 measured on Wednesday by 1 doctor and 27 next day by another. I think it really depends who is measuring.

My measurement was 27 at 27+2, so right on. Also at my MFM appointment on Thurs they switched on the 4D. The best pic they could get is my current avatar. Maybe at the next appointment he will be more cooperative. :)

Hi ladies hope your all enjoying valentine's - I'm currently soaking in the hotel bath after a pointless afternoon walking round London!! Not recommended at nearly 30wks I can assure you!!
My belly was measuring 31 at my 29 wk appointment but my midwife said that 2 either side is normal so not concerned about it. Xx

We have our second attempt at our 4D scan tomorrow!. I so so hope it goes well!!, I already feeling emotional thinking about not getting to see him properly!!. I must try hold it together :haha:

Good luck , hopefully you get a good look at baby , how exciting. :flower:

I have had a WONDERFUL valentines day, despite having to deal with DH working a 13.5 hr day and not getting to see him all day.

DS woke up at 2:45 this AM, was still awake at 4am and I had to get up to pee, which sealed his awakeness, he got up and peed and then wanted to get up. I was VERY frustrated as I needed sleep, so DH, even though he worked 12+ hours yesterday looking at 13+ hours today, said "Just try and get some sleep honey, I'll take care of him"....sweetest words EVER. Unfortunately, due to insomnia, I tried to sleep for 30 minutes then got up, peed again, and took DS from DH and finally got him to go back to sleep by 5, then I got some sleep. At least for a couple of hours. Just the sweetest thing I think he has EVER done for me...

Then when DS was napping, I got a nice, looong, hot, lovely shower. Shaved and everything! So far, great day....

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->