May's Munchkins 2015

Sorry it's been a bad day :(

I read somewhere that every day spent inside the womb knocks two days of NICU time if a baby is born premature, positive spin on a bad day?

:hugs:

Definitely a positive way to look at it! I think I may call my dr back tomorrow.. I'm still having this bleeding.. which I mentioned yesterday, I mean its not at all red, more greyish brown.. but its still there =/ and I just don't know how long they want to allow this to go on before looking into it more.. I'm scheduled to return on Tuesday again but thats another week out.. I'm surprised they don't have me on antibiotics. They did in the hospital, they had me on the IV antibiotics for the first 48 hours then switched to the oral ones but after 1 day of the oral ones they said they were going to stop the antibiotics (and I was originally going to be on them for 7 days) because they didn't SEE any signs of infection but I would think as a precaution they would want me to finish them just in case..

That must have been so scary, sjd :s I'm glad you're back home and you're being monitored carefully. I hope the bleeding stops soon and your baby stays put.
It's odd though that you didn't have to take your antibiotics all the way through. Over here you always have to take the full amount of antibiotics because taking them incorrectly might help create resistant bacteria.

That must have been so scary, sjd :s I'm glad you're back home and you're being monitored carefully. I hope the bleeding stops soon and your baby stays put.
It's odd though that you didn't have to take your antibiotics all the way through. Over here you always have to take the full amount of antibiotics because taking them incorrectly might help create resistant bacteria.

The antibiotics were precautionary, since they didn't see any signs of infection after all the labs came back they decided they weren't necessary. I just think I would have finished them just to be on the safe side though..

Taking them when you don't have a bactirial infection can also create resistant bacteria :( I think that is probably what their reasoning behind having her stop is.

That being said - my last test for this horrid UTI came back that I didn't give them a clean catch so they told me to stop taking them and come in for another. But I KNOW I have a UTI and I KNOW I gave them the best clean catch that I can so I just didn't go in and am still taking them! Cuz I am a rebel like that!!!

sjd - my thoughts are still with you :hugs: I hope everything turns out OK soon

Oh I hate UTI's I'm pretty prone to them myself and they do suck =/ Hope you like cranberry juice haha. I hope it clears up soon!

Just got back from my apt! Happy to say no gestational diabetes or iugr this pregnancy!! Healthy placenta and baby boy. He is measuring 65 percentile and 6 days ahead! My dd was always a week or two behind, so this excites me. Although now I am nervous about a big baby, lol. He is over 3lbs already and dd was only a tad over 5lbs when born.

woohoo for a good apt!!! :) :)
I wish I could have another scan done, just to make sure everything is OK. *sigh* oh well. Really I have no good reason to think its NOT OK so its really silly for me to let it bug me so much.
oooohhhh 6 days ahead!! woohoo!!!

Thanks! I know what you mean about the scans! With dd I had a scan every apt to make sure she was growing, so it will be so weird not to see him until he gets here!! Plus I don't have to be induced which is great! But I am so so nervous to go into labor on my own or for my water to break in public.

Hey ladies! I'm Marie, I'm due May 3rd with my third baby. Don't know the gender yet as baby is stubborn and won't show us but we have a private scan tomorrow so hopefully baby will cooperate and they'll be able to tell us! Really want to know and it's so frustrating lol!

SJD I'm so sorry to hear you're having this trouble but I do hope that you can keep baby in safely until term. I have a friend who (although she didn't have bleeding) had her water break and she had her baby early. Both of them were fine, luckily but baby did do some time in the nicu, which is difficult for any mother. The crazy thing is they didn't investigate why she was born so prematurely (33 wks) but now that she is pregnant again they are sending her for all sorts of testing. I do hope that they can find out the problem and fix it for you and you have a safe and healthy pregnancy.

Today I failed my glucose test :nope: I'm not looking forward to finding out I have GD so I'm crossing my fingers that I pass the next test.

ImSoTired - awe, sorry you failed your first screening. Hopefully you will pass the next one.
I have to go in for mine soon.... I don't wanna!!! *sigh* the orders are in the lab, probably will go either today after work or Saturday morning.

Sorry you failed the screening Imsotired, mine is tomorrow AM...

Sorry imsotired :(. I failed my one hour by a lot so I was sure I had it, but I passed my 3 hour! My dr said a lot of people fail the one hour and go on to pass the three hour! Good luck!

Good luck to y'all to kajastarlight and Misspriss!

Today I failed my glucose test :nope: I'm not looking forward to finding out I have GD so I'm crossing my fingers that I pass the next test.

Sorry you failed the test, fingers crossed that you pass the next one xxx :flower:

I didn't fast before my one hour. They said to have a light breakfast so I just had eggs with cheese. For my 3 hour I fasted!

Hi ladies! So I've been freaking out today because I haven't felt the baby move as much as I normally do. I could be paranoid, but it's stressing me right out! I'm 28 weeks... Has anyone else experienced a day or two where the baby just didn't seem as active as normal? My doctor told me to eat something and lay down. I felt kicks, but I'm still so paranoid and worried!

Hey ladies! I'm Marie, I'm due May 3rd with my third baby. Don't know the gender yet as baby is stubborn and won't show us but we have a private scan tomorrow so hopefully baby will cooperate and they'll be able to tell us! Really want to know and it's so frustrating lol!

Welcome! And good luck at your scan! I hope baby cooperates! Any gut feelings on gender?

Hi ladies! So I've been freaking out today because I haven't felt the baby move as much as I normally do. I could be paranoid, but it's stressing me right out! I'm 28 weeks... Has anyone else experienced a day or two where the baby just didn't seem as active as normal? My doctor told me to eat something and lay down. I felt kicks, but I'm still so paranoid and worried!

I have had a few days sometimes when he/she hasn't moved as much. Had it a few times with my other 2 as well! I was always really worried too but I'm sure everything is fine xxx :flower:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->