May's Munchkins 2015

aw I'm sure she'll be fine x I had similar worries when I was pregnant with my second, Freddie had no clue what was happening!! When the baby came he was a bit shell shocked I think but he quickly warmed up to him. (Only took a couple of days) He was pretty fascinated by him, I think :haha: he has days when I think he did get a bit sad that he wasn't getting my attention 24/7 but he adjusted soon enough..

The hard days are worth it for all of the good days!!! Especially when you get to see these little faces :winkwink:

Attachments

• my_boys4months.jpg
    my_boys4months.jpg
    42.1 KB · Views: 2
Hi ladies! So I've been freaking out today because I haven't felt the baby move as much as I normally do. I could be paranoid, but it's stressing me right out! I'm 28 weeks... Has anyone else experienced a day or two where the baby just didn't seem as active as normal? My doctor told me to eat something and lay down. I felt kicks, but I'm still so paranoid and worried!

This is actually pretty common. My 1st was like that, would have a day where he was SUPER active like all day, then the next day was on and off then the next he barely moved at all and I had to jiggle and poke and prod to annoy him enough to move haha. With my daughter I had an anterior placenta so by 3rd tri I was in for monitoring like once a week because I couldn't feel her movements.. this one (while my placenta is somewhat anterior, and off to the left a bit) he seems to be more active at night.. but when he is quiet, even jiggling him or poking him doesn't help. Like I have to stick something cold on him to get him to care enough to move lol. It doesn't hurt to call the dr and ask but now that you are nearing 3rd tri, movements will be reduced as baby starts running out of room!

Hows everyone today?

DS1seems a bit under the weather so we're just hanging around the house today instead of taking him to his gymnastics. The boys are playing outside with their Dad right now so I have some peace inside ;) I can't stop eating today though :haha:

Not much of an update =/ I've been having some headaches (though I have yet to have any blood pressure issues for once and no swelling so doubt its pre-eclampsia related..) and as of yesterday was still having some dark brown blood on and off unfortunately, you'd think this would be done by now! I see the dr on Tuesday so hopefully I can hang in until then. I've had a few cramps but nothing serious..

As for size of the baby, I wouldn't trust the ultrasound too much. With my 1st they said he was about 5 lbs at my 30 week ultrasound and to expect him to be between 8.5 and 9 lbs full term.. but he came out 6 days late at only 6 lbs 13 oz.. I doubt he only gained 1.5 lbs in 11 weeks.. his head was in the 90th percentile though! I don't remember the estimate with my daughter but it was more reasonable lol she came out at 39+5 at 6 lbs 7.8 oz.. This one measured 4 lbs 6 oz at my last ultrasound (at 29 weeks 5 days) he measures about 2 weeks ahead at the moment.. in the 96th percentile! it was done at the hospital with a higher technology ultrasound and the dr spent FOREVER on the ultrasound so this one may be more accurate, who knows but they did say the ultrasound can be off by up to 2 lbs in either direction and position has a lot to do with it. If I do make it to term he may be my "big" baby.. the one to break 7 lbs! lol but.. we'll see!

Hows everyone today?

DS1seems a bit under the weather so we're just hanging around the house today instead of taking him to his gymnastics. The boys are playing outside with their Dad right now so I have some peace inside ;) I can't stop eating today though :haha:

My dd wasn't feeling well last week and we watched Frozen way, way to many times lol.

The weather here is gross and icy which is not normal for Texas, so we are inside yet another day. Luckily hubby is home today so he is playing with her while I can rest!

I hope to do some to get baby's room ready today, but we will see. We aren't painting or anything this time so I am hoping I can get it done in one or two weekends!

aw I'm sure she'll be fine x I had similar worries when I was pregnant with my second, Freddie had no clue what was happening!! When the baby came he was a bit shell shocked I think but he quickly warmed up to him. (Only took a couple of days) He was pretty fascinated by him, I think :haha: he has days when I think he did get a bit sad that he wasn't getting my attention 24/7 but he adjusted soon enough..

The hard days are worth it for all of the good days!!! Especially when you get to see these little faces :winkwink:

They are stinking cuties!!

I've still never seen Frozen! :haha: They watched Toy Story this morning, it's one of Freddie's favourites.

We've done nothing to baby's room yet... we don't need to paint either so it shouldn't take us too long :thumbup:

Wow.. my kids watch frozen literally every day.. for the past few months now! lol My kids are still obsessed! (My son used to be the same way with the Lorax for the longest time!)

Dd used to HATE the car until my mom borrowed us her portable DVD player when she was 9 months and we put frozen in. Now she watches it every time we are in the car and has had no issues since! It's crazy how much she is obsessed with it lol.

:haha: I can't even use having boys as an excuse because my niece is always begging to watch it when she's around. I'll have to watch it with her one day!

LO keeps kicking my bladder tonight :wacko:

Ugh. Don't you just LOVE the comes and goes of constipation in pregnancy? its like somedays you are so constipated it hurts and other days you can't stay off the toilet! I am so constipated right now that its causing short but painful braxton hicks =/ I did take a stool softener but it will be a while until that kicks in =/ seriously considering downing some prune juice... but I don't want to go to the store to buy some =/ lol

I've suffered bad constipation this entire pregnancy it's awful, until 8/9 days ago I stopped taking my vitamins and I've been to the toilet everyday!! Such a relief and I've not been getting nearly as many aches and pains low down like I was!, I generally feel better all round. Are you still taking your vitamins??

MissZoie, reading your post just made me realise I haven't taken mine for a whole week :s I forgor to put a new strip out and if I don't see them laying about I always forget to take them.

When is everyone starting their maternity leave? I only have one week before my edd, but I'm feelings so tired today. I wish I could already stop working...

I have had problems with constapation too... it sucks! I went 9 days without going and that was crazy painful!!!

I am starting my maternity leave April 30th - if everything holds out until then that is!

Dried apricots help. I am avoiding taking iron unless I can help it as that Def clogs you up. I start my maternity leave on the 1st May and due on 11th if all goes to plan. Cutting it fine but would rather take the time off after instead if I can make it that far!

Crazy to think some of the May babies willbe born next month!!!!

I had dd at 37 weeks, but was induced, so hoping to not have this guy until may!

:cry: my low back hurts..... so bad.... and my legs hurt.... so bad..... and my feet are all swollen and bruised looking and they hurt.... compression socks aren't doing crap :cry: Sorry for the whining ladies.... but I can't help it! I am in so much pain!!

Sorry kajastarlight! Hot bath and Tylenol maybe? My back is terrible by the evening and I can sometimes convince dh for a back rub! Maybe your oh will be more willing?

I had dd at 37 weeks, but was induced, so hoping to not have this guy until may!

I'm expected to have my baby next month!! I have my stitch out on the 16th of April at 35+3 and labor can start immediately but fingers crossed not until 37 weeks for me

I'm expected to have my baby next month!! I have my stitch out on the 16th of April at 35+3 and labor can start immediately but fingers crossed not until 37 weeks for me

So exciting!!! I hope you make in unil 37 weeks!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->