May's Munchkins 2015

So.. I've been googling since I can't sleep and I've learned some things. I did not know they no longer consider full term 37 weeks and on. It's now 39! I guess I'm late to the party on that one but now it makes sense on why my Dr didn't put me on the induce list last pregnancy until 38+4 and why she said full term is 39 at my last apt. I feel so silly for challenging her on it. I read tons of articles on the difference 37-39 weeks makes. As much as I'd like her to be out right now, I feel like 38+ would be my starting point if I was to ask to be induced. I also googled labour and pelvis problems. That didn't help either, but hey that's google for ya!

Interesting. I've still seen "full term" classified at 37 weeks, but I know that the recommendation is that you shouldn't voluntarily induce/have a c-section until 39 weeks as it's still better for the baby. However, if a baby is spontaneously born after 37 weeks, it isn't considered premature. Maybe the difference is in spontaneous vs not?

That's my understanding, I should have been more specific. If it happens it happens, I don't think they'll stop it after 35/36 but to elect to induce or c section if not medically necessary I don't think they'll do it before 39. I was hoping maybe my Dr would agree to 38, or to put me on the induce list at 38 so that by the time they're ready for me I'll be between 38 and 39. I can cross my fingers! I thought about asking her for a sweep but I'll only be 36+4 at my apt, that might be too soon.

Just dawned on me, I'm 30 days away from my due date! Seems like such a short time frame doesn't it?

If I could get rid of just one of my issues I could probably make it. Right now I'd give a million bucks to not have bladder problems anymore. I don't know if the antibiotics weren't effective or if the baby is literally directly on my bladder and causing the pain. Maybe my Dr will provide some insight on Monday when she FINALLY checks me lol.

I'm praying for any dilation, any would give me a momentary boost in happiness lol.

I hope you girls are doing well, I know I'm blowing up the thread whining. I'm trying not to be all about me me me but it happens I get carried away. :hugs: all around, good luck Debbie!!

I keep SWEARING that I have a bladder infection because of pain in my bladder when I go to the bathroom. Like stabbing pain..... but they keep saying I don't. Which is funny because I keep getting letters saying my test results are inconclusive because I can't seem to do a clean catch but the Dr. office keeps sayinng that means no.... :shrug: whatever. I don't really want to do a catheder anyway so I figure I am going to wait until I am in labor and have an epidurral in to ask them to take the sample LOL.

I know that pain!!
It's soo confusing cuz I know that the feeling of having to pee when you don't is a uti, and I have that as soon as I go pee. But if I sit for 10-15 mins it stops and isn't that bad. I can carry on. But for those few minutes I swear I'm going to pee myself. I need this baby out lol I want my tummy back I want my bladder back lol

I was telling Hubby just this morning that I will be SOOOOOO glad when I don't feel like I have to pee ALL THE TIME and when the stabbing pee pain is gone. Between the bladder pain, and the back pain, and the carpel tunnel pain, and the leg pain, and the tingly feet, and the sore boobs, and the headachs.... I just don't remember what it is like to not be in pain! On one hand its like 24 more days of this pain.... :cry: but then I remember that is also 24 more days till I get to meet my sweet little Ian!! :happydance:

I feel all that, I'm hoping for 15-30 days, closer to 15 haha.
I'd really love my body back too, I know that sounds terrible. Spent so much time trying to get pregnant and now I just want it to be over!

I know what you mean! It was hard for me to get pregnant this time and when I started really not liking being pregnant I was really hard on myself for even thinking such an ungreatful thought! But in truth.... I KNEW this pregnancy would be hard on me what with the bulging disks in my low back and all and I signed up for it anyway. Heck, not just signed up for it - I tried hard for it for 2 years! So maybe I don't have to feel so ungreatful after all? I mean - really - being pregnant wasn't my main goal anyway.... the BABY part, that was my main goal! That is the only reason why I would go throught this horrid pain!

You can do it ladies! So close to the end now! It is amazing how the back, leg, groin, etc pain goes away right after baby is born. Then two weeks of a sore vag and then home free! Lol

I know that pain!!
It's soo confusing cuz I know that the feeling of having to pee when you don't is a uti, and I have that as soon as I go pee. But if I sit for 10-15 mins it stops and isn't that bad. I can carry on. But for those few minutes I swear I'm going to pee myself. I need this baby out lol I want my tummy back I want my bladder back lol

I've been getting that feeling, but I attributed it to the baby moving and pressing into my bladder. But I've never had a UTI before, so I don't have much comparison.

Ugh, I have the worst cold right now (my toddler shared her germs with me and my husband, thanks sweetheart). It's not helping my mood at all, plus our daughter is now feeling better so she wants to go out and play in the evening when all I want to do is blow my nose and cough, and my husband is "off duty" in the evening (he's a stay at home dad) so it's up to me. :growlmad:

You can do it ladies! So close to the end now! It is amazing how the back, leg, groin, etc pain goes away right after baby is born. Then two weeks of a sore vag and then home free! Lol

Wow, only two weeks? I must be unlucky, I think mine hurt for two months last time! (I remember it definitely was still sore at my 6 weeks appointment.)

Wow, only two weeks? I must be unlucky, I think mine hurt for two months last time! (I remember it definitely was still sore at my 6 weeks appointment.)

I thought with my first I would never feel the same sitting down again. But it never took that long to recover with the others. So hopefully you will recover faster this time!

Considering all my ladies bits are swollen and I have stupid hemerroids from the pressure I'm pretty much set for labour. All I need is the bleeding and I'm set

Considering all my ladies bits are swollen and I have stupid hemerroids from the pressure I'm pretty much set for labour. All I need is the bleeding and I'm set

I am swollen and hemroids too. The weird part is I don't have a lot of pressure. At least not what I've had in the past.

OK so I have gotten incredibly.swollen since Sunday. My hands and feet.actually hurt they have gotten so big. I checked my blood pressure and its not high but anyone know if I have anything to worry about??

My hands and feet sometimes get like that. You can tell they're swelling. Shouldn't be anything to be concerned about if it's mild. Or goes away once you put your feet up :)

Us C-Section ladies have a much harder recovery, unfortunately. No lady bits that hurt but a whole abdomen that is on fire for weeks afterwards. It is no joke! It is something I didn't choose, but saved my daughter's life last time around. Now I am electing it because of the risks of trying for a vaginal birth after a c section. I don't want to take any risks, so I am going with the planned section. 5 weeks from today!

That horrid moment when you write a novel and your phone decides to redirect you when your almost done.... :(

I'm so sorry you girls are having such a tough time. I've got a cold and slept very poorly last night, but reading about your ordeals, I suddenly feel I'm doing quite allright. (Hope you don't mind me saying that :s )

I'm not sure if it's the same, but I do sometimes experience what I thought was lightning crotch while taking a pee? And sometimes while peeing my cervix just aches?

I know where you're comming from, Lisa. It drives me crazy when it happens.

I am truly on the fence about how I'd "like" the baby to come :/.
I'm literally 33.3% in favor of a section, inducing and natural.

1. A section would be planned (hopefully) and would give me something to look forward to. (and skip the labour part lol) But the recovery would be more extensive then a vaginal birth, unless a vbirth made the spd worse.
2. Inducing labour would be a bit more planned, but less than a section. I'd hopefully still get the vaginal birth with less recovery (again, unless the spd went sideways) but I've heard the labour can be crazier and still possibly end in a section. I'd hopefully get to be pregnant for a bit less than waiting for natural labour too.
3. I can suck it up Sally and wait for it to happen. I know this is always the best option, but I'm seriously bordering on not being able to walk. I can see that coming in the next two weeks as the pain when I get up and walk (just to the bathroom mind you) is increasing. I'm doing the best I can after reading up on the difference 37-39 weeks makes, but it's hard.

I think at this point it would be nice for my Dr to just tell me what to do, I'm don't want to make decisions haha

I was really sore for probably two weeks but after that was more just uncomfortable I think. Sex hurt for a while but otherwise I felt fairly normal after 4-6 weeks I'd say.

I had a c-section with my first and I hated it. I couldnt really move around and it hurt like heck. My daughter was born 6lbs. My next son, I had vaginally and it was way better. I guess its called a VBAC. He was 10lbs and 10 oz. I also plan to have this one vaginally. I pray to GOd that I do not have to have a csection. I really, really dont want one!!:nope:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->