May's Munchkins 2015

Congrats to all the ladies that already have their bundles! I can't believe we are all so close. I just can't wait!!

Hope your ok Lisa? I don't think we have a strep test in the Uk? It's not something I've heard about here? What does it mean for you and bubba?

I'm fine I didn't even know I had it, she said no one really does know usually. It's a bacteria that is found in your gut and to find out if you have it they swab your whoha and rectum if your culture comes back positive they will put you on iv antibiotics during labor so your chances of passing it to baby go from 1 in i believe 200 to 1 in 4000 (I think those are the numbers she said) but I guess it can come and go in life and it's not dangerous for us but for a baby it can cause lots of problems.

oh and Congratulations curleymikes!!!

I am strep b positive this time too lisalove. Wasn't with my dd, but dr said its no biggie, so not worried!

I am strep b positive this time too lisalove. Wasn't with my dd, but dr said its no biggie, so not worried!

Yeah I'm not worried about it im happy they test for it honestly! It just seems like this time being pregnant so many things are more difficult than with my first... apparently everyone is right when they say the older you get the harder it is! :haha:

I get that lovely test on Monday! Yay. Sarcasm. I can deal with the swabs to the vajayjay but can we not leave the bum alone!? Ugh lol

Yeah I'm not worried about it im happy they test for it honestly! It just seems like this time being pregnant so many things are more difficult than with my first... apparently everyone is right when they say the older you get the harder it is! :haha:

Agreed! My first pregnancy was a breeze. Though I did have complications-iugr and gd, I felt great. This time I am so worn down and achey all the time.

I thought I should do a quick update on here. Liam Michael was born on April 15th @ 12:19 PM weighing in at 5lb 15oz and 18 inches long. :)

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    37.2 KB · Views: 10
I was group b+ with my first, all I had to do was get an IV with antibiotics during labour. Just got swabbed on Tues for this pregnancy, but was really no big deal.

Meagan hahaha yes that's exactly how I felt!! My OB made it super quick though and I almost didn't notice! Almost.... :haha:

Oh Debbie he is gorgeous!! Congratulations!!

Thanks for the explanation Lisa. It always amazes me just how different the routine care between the UK and the US is!! Glad its no big deal for you though xx

Just wanted to update everyone. Oliver Matthew was born on April 17 at 12:54am. 8lbs and 20 inches at 37 weeks exactly. We are currently with him in the nicu at children's hospital. He has immature lungs and is on a ventilator, but hopefully will be taken off at some point today.

Congrats Rubysmommy!!! Its a boy! I bet you are so excited. I hope your delivery went well and his lungs strengthen up really.soon.

Congratulations Ruby!! Hope he's doing well and it won't be long before you can take him home. Xx

Congrats rubysmom!! We're you induced for gd, or did you go into labor on your own. I was induced at 37 weeks with gd with dd. you will be home with him sooner than you know!

Can't wait to see his pics! Congrats on your sweet boy!

I'm nervous for tomorrow! I see my ob first thing, I'm pretty sure she made a 9am just for me when her usual is 915. I want to ask her to induce me around 38 weeks, which would be the anytime after April 30th. I'm not too assertive in apts so I'm hoping to not freeze up. If I was sleeping at night, I probably wouldn't sleep tonight! Haha

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->