May's Munchkins 2015

Anyone have any good labor inducing ideas? Gonna start around 38 weeks as I know they aren't really effective. I have heard of sex, pineapple, spicy food, and bouncing on the ball.

Sex, walking, walking up and down stairs, spicy foods....

I'm just going to go with frequent sex, can't be bad, right? So far, I'm still comfortable and enjoying sex, so might as well keep it up...

Nipple stimulation! I'm convinced that's what got my labor going last time. I used my breast pump.

I can't do pretty much any of those :( No spicy food tolerance, cant walk, cant so stairs or sex. I don't think pineapple will be enough lol.
Hopefully it works for you gals though! I'd be starting anything I could this weekend, I am at the epiphany of discomfort.

The pain from my ob checking is out of this world. The bladder thing is really uncomfortable too. I mentioned it to my ob and she basically just said it's probably the baby.

Anyone know anything about raspberry tea? Or something like it I think I remember hearing for inducing labour?

Red Raspberry leaf tea is supposed to tone the uterus, not induce labor, but supposed to make labor easier when it gets here. Maybe nipple stimulation Meagan?

So how is everyone else finding clothes? I can't wear anything that comes under my bump. Even my secret fit belly maternity jeans bother me under the bump. UNDERWEAR bothers me under the bump.

A woman at the post office commented on how low I was carrying, I didn't feel I was carrying particularly low? Maybe that is why any fabric down there is so uncomfortable?

ETA: Even below the bump maternity underwear is uncomfortable!

I am wearing a mix of over and under the bump. Overall over the bump is more comfortable, but a couple of those are too tight now. I don't mind the under bump clothes, but usually only wear those at home cause those even with maternity shirts usually don't cover my full tummy ha. Pjs and a tshirt are my fave.

I just hate to spend money on over the bump undies with such little time left, but I am not sure what else to do. Also my under bump maternity undies won't stay on at night...

I would buy one pack! And just wash often, lol. They are nice for after baby comes too so you will still get use out of them!

Was looking for the May group and couldn't find it lol.

May 25th here!

We're getting close. I have 5 weeks to go as of tomorrow morning. Unbelievable. I hope everyone is well.

I had a c-section with my first and I hated it. I couldnt really move around and it hurt like heck. My daughter was born 6lbs. My next son, I had vaginally and it was way better. I guess its called a VBAC. He was 10lbs and 10 oz. I also plan to have this one vaginally. I pray to GOd that I do not have to have a csection. I really, really dont want one!!:nope:

You OB was willing to let you try a VBAC with your 2nd? You are very lucky! No such luck here in NJ. I would have to jump through hoops to try and get a VBAC and it most likely wouldn't be covered under my insurance so a C section for me, it is. I am dreading it too. I had to sleep in a recliner the first two weeks, my husband had to pull up pants, put on my socks, shoes, etc. Fun, fun, fun! NOT!

I'm just going to go with frequent sex, can't be bad, right? So far, I'm still comfortable and enjoying sex, so might as well keep it up...

Good for you! I haven't wanted to be touched this whole pregnancy! LOL

Nipple stimulation! I'm convinced that's what got my labor going last time. I used my breast pump.

I read somewhere that nipple stimulation is the only proven labor inducer. :)

I had a c-section with my first and I hated it. I couldnt really move around and it hurt like heck. My daughter was born 6lbs. My next son, I had vaginally and it was way better. I guess its called a VBAC. He was 10lbs and 10 oz. I also plan to have this one vaginally. I pray to GOd that I do not have to have a csection. I really, really dont want one!!:nope:

You OB was willing to let you try a VBAC with your 2nd? You are very lucky! No such luck here in NJ. I would have to jump through hoops to try and get a VBAC and it most likely wouldn't be covered under my insurance so a C section for me, it is. I am dreading it too. I had to sleep in a recliner the first two weeks, my husband had to pull up pants, put on my socks, shoes, etc. Fun, fun, fun! NOT!

I am going for a VBAC, so sorry you can't get one where you are! I am just disappointed I can't try for mine at home (although the regulations are in the works to be revised! Maybe for my next one...). At least I can have one at the hospital though.

About the sex, I swear pregnant sex has been better than any other sex I've ever had, must be the bloodflow down there or something...difficult to find good positions and I wear out easy, but DH is super caring and spends a lot of time working on finding a good position for me.

I read somewhere that nipple stimulation is the only proven labor inducer. :)

Yep I'm in Tennessee and my Dr is board certified and it's listed on her profile that she does VBAC. My insurance covers it too. It was 10 years between my csection and VBAC. As long as I go into labor on my own, I can VBAC. She will not induce me. With my son, I went into labor on my own and I pushed him right out. That was one of the best experiences ever for me!

I am living in dresses when I'm home, weather permitting when I'm not. I have 4 I rotate. Doesn't sound like a great plan but honestly my mat pants are snug and my sweats kinda are too. I will if I have to, but if I don't..... Haha

I admit I play with my nipples often haha. Cuz I'm mildly amused by the pre milk crap. I have an electric pump but I don't want to open it just in case I need to return it or try to resell it.

I don't remember sex. I haven't had sex since Valentine's day. Tbh, I don't necessarily miss it either. I would if my body didn't hurt so much, but it's the last thing on my mind now. Lol.

It's sorta sinking in that after this weekend I'm in "any day now" territory. I'll be 37 on Thursday and while I'm sure it won't happen until after 38 it could still.

I'm not even packed :haha:. I packed the baby stuff though, and wrote hubby a list for my things as I don't imagine I'll want to do it if I'm in labour. If I have contractions first I'll probably hit my tub first, if I'm water breaks I'll be off to the hospital asap.

misspriss, that is so awesome you enjoy sex so much during pregnancy! Hormones are a funny thing. I feel bad because I know Hubby wants it, but I am just not in the mood! LOL And that is great you were able to do a VBAC too. Same goes for you too, mrskcbrown! I am envious!

I had a dream that I went into labor and pushed this one out vaginally. There is still part of me that wishes that would happen. That I will go into labor before 39 weeks and it will be too late for a C section and I will just push my baby out. LOL Here is to wishful thinking! LOL :)

misspriss, that is so awesome you enjoy sex so much during pregnancy! Hormones are a funny thing. I feel bad because I know Hubby wants it, but I am just not in the mood! LOL And that is great you were able to do a VBAC too. Same goes for you too, mrskcbrown! I am envious!

I had a dream that I went into labor and pushed this one out vaginally. There is still part of me that wishes that would happen. That I will go into labor before 39 weeks and it will be too late for a C section and I will just push my baby out. LOL Here is to wishful thinking! LOL :)

It could still happen! Especially since its your 2nd, 39 weeks can be common!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->