May's Munchkins 2015

I wear dresses a lot too, so much more comfortable for me.

So I am still nursing DS....does that count as nipple stimulation? Does it make it not work?

15 mins per boob/3x? So 1.5 hours total?!

Hmm never thought about it that way haha. I just watch the t.v. while doing it... usually before bed when I'm not doing anything else figure if anything it will help if not oh well.

&& misspriss I had wondered that about mom's who are still breastfeeding. Because if your able to do it all the way through pregnancy and it not induce labor then why does it work? Or how I suppose..
I have a question for you out of curiosity though, do you get contractions when you feed?

Thanks everyone! He is getting better by the minute. We are hoping to take him home on Friday if all goes well. He decided to come all on his own. My water broke around 2pm on Thursday and once contractions kicked in it was 11pm and he was born at 12:54am! So it felt like a short labor lol. All natural birth with no drugs!

I'm hoping to catch up on the rest of the posts I've missed in the next couple days.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    37.5 KB · Views: 9
He's gorgeous!! Congrats again and glad he's getting stronger xx

Such a cutie!

I had my swab today, though only vaginally, which I was happy about. No dilation yet and baby was still high...

Nipple stimulation! I'm convinced that's what got my labor going last time. I used my breast pump.

How long did you do it?and how high of a setting?

I did it on low, one side at a time, for 3-5 minutes. Not much at all really. But man, I went from inconsistent contractions every 10-30 minutes to every 5 minutes instantly!

I've heard nipple stimulation and orgasm (with or without sex) are most likely to start and/or progress labor.

Added you to the first post, VerbingNoun! Welcome!

Congrats to the new babies!!!

I haven't had any cramping since last week, but this morning I have some pink discharge. Not sure if it's because I had an orgasm last night :blush: or because it's "bloody show". I know it still doesn't mean too much, but it's still kind of put me on high alert! I have an OB appointment in an hour and a half so it will be interesting to see if I've dilated/effaced any more in the last two weeks.

15 mins per boob/3x? So 1.5 hours total?!

Hmm never thought about it that way haha. I just watch the t.v. while doing it... usually before bed when I'm not doing anything else figure if anything it will help if not oh well.

&& misspriss I had wondered that about mom's who are still breastfeeding. Because if your able to do it all the way through pregnancy and it not induce labor then why does it work? Or how I suppose..
I have a question for you out of curiosity though, do you get contractions when you feed?

Not that I notice. Here is an excellent article, to complex to summarize: https://kellymom.com/pregnancy/bf-preg/bfpregnancy_safety/

Basically it has to do with oxytocin receptors, maybe...and if you do get them, they are like braxton hicks.

Thanks everyone! He is getting better by the minute. We are hoping to take him home on Friday if all goes well. He decided to come all on his own. My water broke around 2pm on Thursday and once contractions kicked in it was 11pm and he was born at 12:54am! So it felt like a short labor lol. All natural birth with no drugs!

I'm hoping to catch up on the rest of the posts I've missed in the next couple days.

He is SO BEAUTIFUL!!!

What a cutie rubysmom! Congrats on another drug free birth! You are stronger than me! How's ruby adjusting to being a big sis?/having y'all in the hospital away from her?

I haven't had any cramping since last week, but this morning I have some pink discharge. Not sure if it's because I had an orgasm last night :blush: or because it's "bloody show". I know it still doesn't mean too much, but it's still kind of put me on high alert! I have an OB appointment in an hour and a half so it will be interesting to see if I've dilated/effaced any more in the last two weeks.

Good luck at your apt! Hope you have progressed!!

Ruby he is gorgeous.:cloud9::cloud9::cloud9::cloud9::cloud9:

I was in a lot of pain yesterday and I thought maybe she would come but here I am still preggo. Its like you know the baby is coming but Im starting to feel hopeless LOL, seeing everyone else, even people who are weeks behind me deliver:wacko:. Guess Ill get over it.

You can do it mrskcbrown! You are so close to the end! We're your others overdue or before your due date?

Good luck at your apt! Hope you have progressed!!

Well, I'm now dilated 3 cm (1.5 cm two weeks ago) but still 50% effaced and head isn't fully engaged yet. It might not mean anything of course, but my OB was hopeful that I'll go into labor by 39 weeks even though I went overdue last time. Here's hoping! :)

Ruby he is gorgeous.:cloud9::cloud9::cloud9::cloud9::cloud9:

I was in a lot of pain yesterday and I thought maybe she would come but here I am still preggo. Its like you know the baby is coming but Im starting to feel hopeless LOL, seeing everyone else, even people who are weeks behind me deliver:wacko:. Guess Ill get over it.

I was totally like that last time. I knew 3 or 4 different women who were all due after me, and they all had their babies and I was left getting induced at 41 weeks. Stay strong, it won't be much longer now no matter what!

You can do it mrskcbrown! You are so close to the end! We're your others overdue or before your due date?

Late:cry:. My son was 41 and daughter right at 40. I was hoping with the 3rd, she'd be faster.:haha: Guess she is comfy in there:winkwink:

You are close to 40 at least, but if your trend continues, a week earlier each baby, 39 weeks is so soon!!!

I am irrationally irritated at my husband right now.
He's developed this cough that started end of last week and it's insane. ALL he's doing is coughing. It took me a few days to convince him to go to the dr to which they said it would have to run its course but gave him an inhaler to help.

Well it's not. So while I'm stuck in bed or on the couch unable to do much of anything for the kids or around the house he's taken to doing the same. I know he's not feeling the greatest but he's physically able to still do things. But he's not. Everytime he coughs he whimpers after, he's cranky and short to anyone who talks to him and carries on under his breath about how awful this is for him.

I'm sure he feels like crap and I wish he didn't and I've forced him to go back to the dr this am but I'm so irritated at him.

I feel terrible for being irritated but it's like common dude man up its a cough, I'm fucking pregnant and can't move I really don't want to hear you complain like it's the end of the world. I haven't said anything to him, I just wanted to get it out here and maybe feel a bit less irritated by venting. Thanks xo.

Aw Meagan that sucks. I know how men are with colds. I think you just have to remind yourself that you are a woman, and you are strong, and it's not your DH's fault that he can't handle it like you can...:haha:

Actually I am pretty sure I have read studies that prove that women handle cold symptoms better than men....

I hope he gets better soon. My poor MIL (who helps me a lot with DS) has pneumonia.

Meagan :hugs: Ihope your hubs gets better soon.. mine is like that too!
Misspriss - I hope your MIL gets better and you don't get sick too!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->