May's Munchkins 2015

Oh man Kate, I can't imagine working full time right now too. Are you working up till labor starts or will you start your maternity leave soon?

Wow Kate you are a champ to work that long!
Mispriss glad you get to come home. That's great news.
Anyone have back labor before? I am having crazy on and off pains in my back that are starting to feel kind of rhythmic but they feel a little higher than what I would expect back labor to feel like. But I've never had back labor so I don't know. Is it really low near your tail bone or a little higher like where your kidneys are?

I'm so glad to be back home and back on the waiting for baby to show up side, I think after monitoring me in the hospital and my BP staying low, as well as normal 24 hr protein, my doctor (at least myself for sure) is a lot less worried about me developing pre-eclampsia so soon, so I'm not as stressed about getting the baby out super soon. All she said was it was "very reassuring" to see my BP stay down at the hospital (perhaps she is wondering why her office is so stressful now, when even the hospital doesn't make it go up? LOL).

Anyone have back labor before? I am having crazy on and off pains in my back that are starting to feel kind of rhythmic but they feel a little higher than what I would expect back labor to feel like. But I've never had back labor so I don't know. Is it really low near your tail bone or a little higher like where your kidneys are?

My last labour pains all centered around pain within my back passage / coccyx like cramp inside. Not sure if that was classed as back labour?

My last labour pains all centered around pain within my back passage / coccyx like cramp inside. Not sure if that was classed as back labour?
S
Did your labor pain stay in the same place throughout? And was your lo face up when you pushed him\her out?

I had back labor last time. It was more kidney area than tailbone. I never felt a contraction in my front. I think my daughter turned while I was in transition because I went from 5-10 cm in about 30 minutes. She was still in a funny position when I delivered her. Her head was sideways when it came out.

I had back labor last time. It was more kidney area than tailbone. I never felt a contraction in my front. I think my daughter turned while I was in transition because I went from 5-10 cm in about 30 minutes. She was still in a funny position when I delivered her. Her head was sideways when it came out.

I've always heard that pushing them out that was was harder. Did you have trouble or almost c section? That's my worry.

Wow Kate, I'm impressed you'll be working until labor starts! I was planning to work until 39 weeks, but I'm now thinking about going on maternity leave two days early. I'm getting tired of work and I can't concentrate as I used to. I'm also really hating my boss right now. He just keeps piling work on my desk, while I only have a couple of days at work left. I really just want to punch him in the face right now.

I've always heard that pushing them out that was was harder. Did you have trouble or almost c section? That's my worry.

As a first time mom, I pushed her out in 40 minutes which is relatively fast. The last 5-10 minutes they were worried about her heart rate dropping during contractions so they gave me oxygen but otherwise, it was fine. Pushing is the best part of labor, in my opinion. Not sure if it's relevant or not, but I didn't have an epidural and did not deliver on my back. I don't know if those factors impacted things or not.

Last night I thought was the start of something. I was so crampy and in pain, but all back to normal today. Ugh. How's everyone else feeling?

I have a scan tomorrow, excited to see how big he is, nervous too. Last night I had a dream he got stuck while I was pushing him out cause he was so big! Now I am nervous! Anyone give birth to a big baby before? How'd it go?

Last night I thought was the start of something. I was so crampy and in pain, but all back to normal today. Ugh. How's everyone else feeling?

I have a scan tomorrow, excited to see how big he is, nervous too. Last night I had a dream he got stuck while I was pushing him out cause he was so big! Now I am nervous! Anyone give birth to a big baby before? How'd it go?

On Tuesday, I had lots of back tightenings that felt exactly like my early labor with my first. Yesterday, I was totally fine all day and barely even had my normal BHs. I'm still early though..

I've had some crampy/achy/nauseous days on and off, and I'm having one today. I don't know that it's actually a sign of anything since I've also gotten it other days. I slept really badly last night, mostly tossing and turning from 2:30 am on, so that might be part of the reason I feel run down today. But I have had bloody (thin) mucus for a couple days now, so hopefully my body is getting ready, just very slowly...

I had some cramping and back pain this morning, which ended with a 15 minute long very painful cramp around noon, which scared me a lot. I was wondering how labour would be compared to the worst period cramps I've ever had (which leave me unable to sit down through them): well this was definitely as bad as my worst period cramps already. I was about to go home when the cramp subsided and this afternoon I haven't felt a thing.

This is me to a tee yesterday. Woke up with a few co tractions but nothing major. Appointment this morning she said no changes boo! Did a sweep and now I have a ton of cramping. So we will see what happens. She said baby's head is down but is turned sideways. I know babies often move in labor but does anyone know if this can slow the start of labor?
My phone app says I'm due in 11 hours lol. I don't even want to see what it says tomorrow morning.

This is me to a tee yesterday. Woke up with a few co tractions but nothing major. Appointment this morning she said no changes boo! Did a sweep and now I have a ton of cramping. So we will see what happens. She said baby's head is down but is turned sideways. I know babies often move in labor but does anyone know if this can slow the start of labor?
My phone app says I'm due in 11 hours lol. I don't even want to see what it says tomorrow morning.

I'm not sure if it would slow the start of labor but it can slow the progression of it because the baby's head isn't putting the pressure needed on the cervix to dilate it. That being said, my first was posterior and once I was in active labor, I had her 6 hours later which is considered fast for a first timer so it's not always the case. Contractions cause lots of babies to turn, too. Since I had a posterior presentation last time, my doctor suggested I do things to work on baby's position this time. I go to a chiropractor and she suggests spending time on your hands and knees to encourage baby to turn (or stay turned). You can also do "cat cows" which is a yoga progression on hands and knees.

Hosp is suppose to start calling me tomorrow! I could have her any day now anyways, but I'm on the list to get it going :)
That's exciting!

Hi ladies!!!

Has any one had cramps? I had mild cramps this morning for about 15 minutes and then went away... I haven't had anything since. Just wondering if it's my body getting "ready" or if I just happened to have cramps? haha

Also props to you who are working until your due date! Ugh I'm so checked out right now and cannot concentrate... daydreaming of babies :) My last day of work is this Friday and then taking PTO the following week and then my due date is the 18th.

I had a scan this last Monday for my 38th week. The baby weighed 6 pounds 10 oz, which seems to be average from what I've read, however the ultrasound tech said the baby is measuring about a week behind, but that it's fine and some babies are smaller and that it really shouldn't change the due date. Anyone have this situation? I mean, naturally, I'm freaking out inside... haha

Hi ladies!!!

Has any one had cramps? I had mild cramps this morning for about 15 minutes and then went away... I haven't had anything since. Just wondering if it's my body getting "ready" or if I just happened to have cramps? haha

I've been getting cramps on an off for a few weeks now, and still no baby. My OB said these can often occur with BH contractions, even if you're not feeling the tightening.

Today I keep getting pains way down low that almost feel like gas, but then they go away without any evidence of actual gas. I don't think they're actually productive in any way, so it's frustrating!

Cramps are normal. Can mean your body is getting ready. Can also mean you are dehydrated or that you're overdoing it. :)

Keep in mind those ultrasounds aren't super accurate. They can be off by a pound in either direction.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->