May's Munchkins 2015

Last day of work before maternity leave today! Woot!

Anyone else dealing with prodromal labor??? It's a beast!

Congrats to all who had their little munchkins! :) Just realized I haven't posted my birth announcement here. Ethan Michael was born at 41w1d on May 18th at 6:27PM weighing 7lbs5oz and measuring 20.5 inches long. He is such a little angel! :) <3 so blessed.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    45.9 KB · Views: 0
I'm a week late with my update but Piper Nicole is here!!
It started last Wed at 130am. I woke up with contractions but I had been having them on and off for days so I wasn't sure it was going to lead anywhere. I went downstairs to breathe through them so hubby could sleep. By 3 am and after tracking that they were every 3-5 mins and over a min every time. The pain and pressure was intense and I just kept thinking I can't do this for hours I want an epidural. I called my mom to come stay with Dd1 so we could get to the hospital. She left right away but lives 2.5 hrs away. By the time she got to my house 6am the contractions were on top of each other and I could barely walk to the car. 30 mins later we pulled up at the hospital and I waited outside while hubby parked the car. I was moaning and rocking from side to side and in a few mins we were headed inside. I made it to the end of the hall before anorthern massive contraction hit and I braCed against the wall and my body started pushing. My water broke in true movie style and I started screaming, she's coming. A porter grabbed a wheelchair and pushed me to tge maternity ward. I was screaming to the nurses that she was coming. They put me right in a room took off my pants and told me to hold on while they got a Dr. as soon as the Dr walked in she said ok push. 2 pushes later piper was here.
8.8 lbs
21 inches
May 13 @ 7am

Wow what an intense, exciting delivery. Congrats!

Congrats to all the new Momma's! And crazy story whattoexpect! Glad all the babies are here safe and sound! :)

I have my induction booked for monday morning, unless he comes before hand

Sounds like there will be a lot of babies arriving this week :)

On Saturday night at 11:30, just after laying down to bed, my water broke. I felt a trickle so I jumped up and a huge gush came out. We called my doula and OB, did some last minute packing, took my final bump pictures, and we went to bed. I couldn't sleep and then around 12:45 I started feeling frequent, regular, painful contractions. Wary that my labors go quickly, I called my doula and asked her to come over. I labored for a few hours before trying to get some rest which resulted in contractions going away! They came back the next day once I got moving and I started active labor around 1:30 pm. My doula got to the house at 2:15. Man. I was in pain. We left for the hospital about an hour later. We also called my OB at this time. On the 10-15 minute drive to the hospital, I started feeling pressure and said I needed to push. We arrived at the hospital front entrance and grabbed a wheelchair. I was screaming and felt baby coming so in the haste, my husband left the car running right there! We quickly got up to labor and delivery where we bypassed registration and triage. I tore my pants off when we got in my room and climbed on the bed. They checked me and said I was 6-7 cm, 100% effaced, and at 0 station. I felt myself pushing at that point. They checked me again and said I was complete. They got the on call resident to come and deliver. Everything went great! OB arrived in time to deliver placenta and do my repair from my second degree tear.

All told, 2 hours of active labor and 10-15 minutes of pushing got me my baby girl! Still no name. Love her!!

Awesome story! Congratulations!

Twas the night before induction, and all through the house, not a light was on nor any electronics... Because a big storm took out the power and they don't anticipate it back on for 2 days! I told Dr surely this would have labor start tonight!

Congrats kiss! Glad you made it to the hospital on time!!

Misspriss- that stinks you have no electricity. At least you won't be there for the next few days !

Lol no sooner did I post that, 11pm Monday I was falling asleep and heard the air conditioning start turning over and love and behold, power! All that worry for nothing, I guess they are super conservative with those estimates!

Congrats Kiss! Great birth story!

Good luck Miss Priss!

Thanks for all the well wishes everyone, I am super super nervous. My last experience with induction was a failure and I still have severe anxieties from it, I am really hoping and praying that my anxieties do not keep me from being successful this time.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->