May's Munchkins 2015

Can you put me on the front page for May 12th. That will probably change but for now I'm going with May 12th :)

I am from New York City.
More Americans here than I was expecting considering so many BnB members are from the UK.
We are telling my MIL and BIL tomorrow. Feeling weirdly nervous about it!

I am from New York City.
More Americans here than I was expecting considering so many BnB members are from the UK.
We are telling my MIL and BIL tomorrow. Feeling weirdly nervous about it!

I know, right? I'm surprised by all the Americans too.

We're holding off on telling the MIL. Literally the day before yesterday she told DH that he shouldn't be having any more kids yet, that he can't handle it. :growlmad: So we just aren't going to tell her until it becomes obvious. With that attitude, there is no reason for her to share in the joy of our new baby.

Granted, she watches DS while we work (and couldn't handle two, but that's beside the point, we will do something else like me SAH), DH has taken a new job with a rougher schedule for her, and FIL has thrown his back out and is having a lot of trouble working, she got attacked by some hornets that day and is allergic....BUT she has said that to him before, and to me. I think she said it yesterday because I have had HPT boxes in the trash....she may suspect something anyway.

Misspriss - that's unfortunate. I hope that if it is made clear to her that she won't be expected to watch both that she will be happy for you!

I don't know. March 14 babies made a facebook page and I think it was split pretty even with American's/UK, we also have a few from other countries also. Its still pretty fun to see how different the treatment differs place to place.

Misspriss - that's unfortunate. I hope that if it is made clear to her that she won't be expected to watch both that she will be happy for you!

It's been made clear, she just can't see it. Right now, where we are at, we can't afford for me to stay home (or we would already). But DH is graduating in a few months, and that will give him 4-5 months with his degree to find a job. He and I have full faith that he will find a job adequate to support the family. MIL can't see that, or she doesn't have faith.

I don't know. March 14 babies made a facebook page and I think it was split pretty even with American's/UK, we also have a few from other countries also. Its still pretty fun to see how different the treatment differs place to place.

It may be the time difference, I think it's later in the evening now in the UK, or maybe even night? I forget. There will probably be a swarm of UK'ers while I'm asleep...

We have our first blood draw on Sunday and we're supposed to get the results back same day! Anxious to see the number!!

Is there any interest on forming a secret Facebook group as well? Bnb doesn't work great on my phone but I'm always on Facebook!

Lots of Americans! I'm from New Brunswick, Canada myself!

Sorry to hear about your MIL attitude misspriss. I haven't had anyone tell me that I can handle a second, but my nan has said we should be thinking about yet ad there should be more space between them and wait for next year. Hopefully your MIL comes around.

Although I cruise BnB all day, for some reason I don't feel very comfortable on facebook at work so...I probably wouldn't be on it...

Lots of Americans! I'm from New Brunswick, Canada myself!

Sorry to hear about your MIL attitude misspriss. I haven't had anyone tell me that I can handle a second, but my nan has said we should be thinking about yet ad there should be more space between them and wait for next year. Hopefully your MIL comes around.

She hasn't said particularly *I* can't handle it, she doesn't think DH can handle it. She has only had the gall to say it to my face (well, actually on the phone) once. But apparently she tells DH often. I'm sure she'll come around when we tell her, but I really don't think she deserves to know before anyone else the way she acted. With DS, she was one of the first people we told. I frankly would love it if she was the last person to find out this time...but that's just my hormones talking.

I'm not particularly eager to tell my dad either, he seemed excited about DS, but I can count on one hand the number of times he has seen DS since he was born (and he's 18 months now!). He just seems too occupied with other things.

Also, she only ever had one kid. I came from a family of 3 kids. Which one of us do you think knows better about more than 1 kid? Also, I grew up in a SAHM household, I know it is doable on a lower salary. She and FIL both worked when DH was a kid, and he was one of those "want for nothing" only children - every game system, every musical instrument, etc. I think she has a misconstrued idea about what is necessary to raise a child.

Hey - I'm a UK-er!! :wave: it is funny how things are different!

To those being told to wait by family, - sod em!
Hubby's gran told us we weren't allowed to have children till she had died (she's very morbid always talking about this!!) because she didn't want to be great grandmother!! Oh well, guess she lucked out on that one!! :haha:

Hey - I'm a UK-er!! :wave: it is funny how things are different!

To those being told to wait by family, - sod em!
Hubby's gran told us we weren't allowed to have children till she had died (she's very morbid always talking about this!!) because she didn't want to be great grandmother!! Oh well, guess she lucked out on that one!! :haha:

Haha. That made me smile :)

I am definitely not under any pressure from my family to wait, though I sympathise with those of you that are. My mum has been asking when she is getting grandkids since 5 minutes after I met my husband...... 9 years ago ;)

Hi Ladies! Can I join you? I just got a due date of May 7th :)

I'm from Vancouver, Canada. We have some weird medical quirks here - for example, they won't tell you a gender till 25 weeks so there won't be any abortions for girls (like who is that crazy?)
We are not telling our families until we are out of the first trimester. His mother is wonderful but her health is not great and if we had a loss it would devastate her. My family is just generally unsupportive and self-centered. Also, our loss made extra careful. Last time we ended up consoling people after I miscarried. This time we sort of keep it quiet and not getting our hopes too high.

I'm from Vancouver, Canada. We have some weird medical quirks here - for example, they won't tell you a gender till 25 weeks so there won't be any abortions for girls (like who is that crazy?)

That is ridiculous! We get our u/s at 18-20 for gender. I can't even stand the thought of someone aborting due to gender :(

Hi Ladies! Can I join you? I just got a due date of May 7th :)

Hi Sigh! If my bean sticks I'll be due the 25th! I hope you are well. Good to see you in a pregnancy group again! :flower:

Rachelle I envy you. I LOVE washington and have tried soooo hard to get my husband to move there! He refuses to leave Phoenix even though I have a medical condition that makes the heat here unsafe for me in the summer (so half the year practically lol). Would love to move to Spokane area.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->