May's Munchkins 2015

Congrats Ruby!

Rachelle, definitely call your dr. I'm sure they'll call in a prescription for you. It's not good for either you or the baby if you can't eat.

hi all, i havent read all the pages as theres sooooooo many!
im due on partners birthday! may 27th :)

I'm going to the gym tonight, but I'm not sure about doing my ab exercitie. What do you girls think?

No worries Eline, ab excersizes are fine. You will want to avoid laying flat on your back after the first trimester is over, but otherwise if you are comfortable go with it. Strong abs will really help you in the long run!

I'm going to the gym today too, I don't do any ab specific exercises but I do a lot of whole body things that work the abs.

Like today, I'm doing 1) Snatch-grip deadlift, 2) T-Pushup, 3) Bulgarian split squat with overhead press, 4) underhand grip lat pulldown, 5) romanian deadlift, 6) lower body russian twist

I don't know what those are but they sound like some mean exercises. I'll give the ab exercises a try but I think it 'll feel like I' m squishing my poor bean baby....

I don't know what those are but they sound like some mean exercises. I'll give the ab exercises a try but I think it 'll feel like I' m squishing my poor bean baby....

LOL yeah, it's a wicked routine, I probably won't have time to do them all. I've been lifting since before I got pregnant though.

You little bean is nowhere near your abs right now (okay, maybe near, but you get the idea), they're nestled deep and protected behind your pubic bone, super protected.

I work out too but havent since finding out I am preggo. Once I get the OK from the DR Ill be back at it next week:thumbup:

Hey lovely ladies,

Wishing you all healthy and happy pregnancies...unfortunately I'm out :( after bleeding I had a scan today which confirmed I have lost my baby.

So onwards and upwards...wish me luck for a healthy pregnancy soon!

Yazzy, praying for a healthy pregnancy for you very soon:hugs:

I work out too but havent since finding out I am preggo. Once I get the OK from the DR Ill be back at it next week:thumbup:

Yeah, my doctor won't see me until 8-10 weeks, which would be like 2 months. Anyway, they say when you have been doing an exercise routine before pregnancy you can continue...but if you take 2 months off, does that even still count? Since I do something (lift weights) that I feel like if I stopped until I went to the doctor, I feel that would be too large of a gap to count as something I was "keeping doing" I mean a week off and I can tell when I am working out!

Hi ladies, can I join the thread?! :wave: I got my bfp a few weeks ago but have been very cautious about it as had a chemical pregnancy last cycle so I've just been waiting to see what happens. The CP happened at 5 weeks and now I'm over 6 weeks with this one I feel I can relax a little! This will be my second baby, DD turns 2 on Sunday. Due around 10th May but won't know for sure until dating scan which will probably be end on October (very jealous of you US ladies who get early scans!)

Congrats! Looks like we're due the same day :)

Yeah, my doctor won't see me until 8-10 weeks, which would be like 2 months. Anyway, they say when you have been doing an exercise routine before pregnancy you can continue...but if you take 2 months off, does that even still count? Since I do something (lift weights) that I feel like if I stopped until I went to the doctor, I feel that would be too large of a gap to count as something I was "keeping doing" I mean a week off and I can tell when I am working out!

I was working out right up until I found out that I was preggo. Im just really scary like that. Im sure its fine, but for me, I just feel better waiting. My appt is tuesday so I think, Ive waited a month by then. Plus, Ive been so tired!! Thats how I knew I had to be pregnant. I could barely make it through my step class. I try to sleep at every opportunity, LOL.

I'm trying to keep up with my workouts, when I'm not too tired/nauseous. Relatively light weights 3x a week, a Zumba class, and a cardio class. I did cut out my high intensity interval training. I keep hearing that you should be able to carry on a conversation, otherwise you're getting your heart rate too high, and there's no way with HIIT, even if I scaled it back.

I was working out right up until I found out that I was preggo. Im just really scary like that. Im sure its fine, but for me, I just feel better waiting. My appt is tuesday so I think, Ive waited a month by then. Plus, Ive been so tired!! Thats how I knew I had to be pregnant. I could barely make it through my step class. I try to sleep at every opportunity, LOL.

I work out too but havent since finding out I am preggo. Once I get the OK from the DR Ill be back at it next week:thumbup:[/QUOTE

I'm trying to keep up with my workouts, when I'm not too tired/nauseous. Relatively light weights 3x a week, a Zumba class, and a cardio class. I did cut out my high intensity interval training. I keep hearing that you should be able to carry on a conversation, otherwise you're getting your heart rate too high, and there's no way with HIIT, even if I scaled it back.

See you ladies are doing cardio (steps, zumba...) I don't *do* cardio. :haha: I lift weights, and if I need a longer rest that's it I need a longer rest.

That and I don't have many symptoms yet (4 weeks today) I may change my tune in a couple weeks! I didn't ever get nausea with DS, so I don't know if I will this time or not. I have felt a bit tired, but partly from cutting down caffeine too!

I played football (soccer) until 10 weeks last time. This time (I'm 8 weeks on Monday) I have chronic diarreah and sickness so no chance, I've lost half a stone in the last week and am so weak. I don't exercise as much anymore anyway, as no time with a full time job and a 3yo!

All you ladies are making me feel exhausted just talking about exercise!!
Please someone reassure me I'm not the only lazy May Mum-to-be?? :haha:

All you ladies are making me feel exhausted just talking about exercise!!
Please someone reassure me I'm not the only lazy May Mum-to-be?? :haha:

Haha, I'm lazy. I always intend to exercise, but the best I do is a walk around the neighberhood about once a week and sometimes an exercise video. I went to one Zumba class but then stopped because we were on vacation several weeks in a row andthen I got pregnant. Since even short walks have been wearing me out lately, I wouldn't be able to make it through a class even if I wanted to. But I do mean to pull out the pregnancy workout DVD's I bought last time... just have to find time & energy between work and my kiddo.

Miss Priss, I do think that you and I are due the same day. My doctor says the 24th or 25th due to LMP but I always ovulate late. I think I'm actually about 4w1d today.We shall see once I have a dating scan. And not many symptoms here either. Makes me nervous but I'm trying to stay positive and not get excited yet, if that makes any sense?

As for exercise, does chasing toddlers count? I was very deep into my cardio and some small weights for a while and I got into pretty good shape and lost a lot of weight but since my loss in July I've been slacking and piled on a few lbs. So chasing my daughter and my friends children (I babysit) is pretty much all I'm up to now.

I hope you're all well!

Miss Priss, I do think that you and I are due the same day. My doctor says the 24th or 25th due to LMP but I always ovulate late. I think I'm actually about 4w1d today.We shall see once I have a dating scan. And not many symptoms here either. Makes me nervous but I'm trying to stay positive and not get excited yet, if that makes any sense?

As for exercise, does chasing toddlers count? I was very deep into my cardio and some small weights for a while and I got into pretty good shape and lost a lot of weight but since my loss in July I've been slacking and piled on a few lbs. So chasing my daughter and my friends children (I babysit) is pretty much all I'm up to now.

I hope you're all well!

My doctor is going to say the 25th based on LMP (or the 24th? I forget) but I know when I ovulated and it's the 29th....I'm sure they won't change it but I will keep my tickers based on what I know to be correct! I'm 4w0d today.

Well, in that case, I chase a toddler too in my off time...but if you do it everyday it ceases to become exercise and becomes your "normal activity level"...aka your body gets used to it!

I just got back from the gym. I rolled back on the weights a little, did fewer reps and 1 less set of everything (also because I work out on lunch and have very little time!). I completely forwent the Bulgarian split squats with the overhead press, too unbalanced. I did static lunches instead. Anyway, no pain, no spotting (so far anyway), and I was a little more tired feeling DOING it, but I feel GREAT now, having done it. I hope I am able to keep it up!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JTom
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->