May's Munchkins 2015

Updated the first post with some info on how to join the Facebook group if you're interested! :)

To the breastfeeding mama's, how are things going so far? How is your supply doing? I'm hoping mine holds on just a month and a half yet, just until dd reaches 1.

To the breastfeeding mama's, how are things going so far? How is your supply doing? I'm hoping mine holds on just a month and a half yet, just until dd reaches 1.

My supply took a huge hit the week before I found out I was pregnant (which is normal for me the week before my first period so I thought for sure it was my period, not a BFP, that was coming!!!). It has remained at this low level ever since. I'm pretty sure she's mostly dry nursing at this point. There's usually a few swallows at the beginning but mainly I think she just comfort sucks. :( I decided to start her on cow's milk since I didn't feel like she was getting enough milk from me. She's 13 months.

I did weekly chalkboard updates with dd. With this one I got my 4 week pic and none since lol. Hopefully I'll start doing them more regularly at 12 weeks, which is Thursday!

So far I haven't noticed a difference in my milk supply. Dd still nurses a lot through out the day and especially at night. My problem has been super painful nipples after 10 to 15 mins of nursing her. I'm hoping to continue nursing until she is ready to be done. We will see how that goes.

I think around 20 weeks is the common time to notice a decrease in milk supply...

I'm just one of the "lucky" ones that lost it early, I guess... :-/

Me too kiss :( my dd is done bf now because I dried up by 6 weeks. And to top it off she hates cows milk. I have to blend a banana with the milk to make it sweet like breast milk, thenc she will drink some, but still not a lot. Anyone else have kiddos that wouldn't drink milk? Any suggestions??

Rubysmom, I haven't done any pics yet this time either. Failing in that department. Lol. I need to get on it!!

Me too kiss :( my dd is done bf now because I dried up by 6 weeks. And to top it off she hates cows milk. I have to blend a banana with the milk to make it sweet like breast milk, thenc she will drink some, but still not a lot. Anyone else have kiddos that wouldn't drink milk? Any suggestions??

Rubysmom, I haven't done any pics yet this time either. Failing in that department. Lol. I need to get on it!!

Have you tried warming up the cows milk (like how breastmilk is warm)? I've heard that can help sometimes.

My DD acted like I was poisoning her the first few times I gave her cows milk... lol.. She loves it now though!

atx - do you have any frozen breastmilk that you've pumped in the past? I'm not sure if you ever pump or not. I know a lot of people have luck mixing breastmilk with cows milk and increasing the amount of cows milk as they get used to it.

My DD didn't have a problem drinking cows milk, but wasn't a huge fan of it for a while. Now she's started actually using a word to specifically ask for it if I give her water and she's in the mood for milk, lol!

(I work full time and my husband stays home so I pumped lots at work until DD turned 12 months, and since DD started refusing frozen breastmilk around the same time she refused to nurse anymore at 15 months, we still have some frozen I need to discard. Eesh.)

Thanks ladies! I do have a bit of frozen left, so,I will try mixing it. I haven't tried warming it either so,will try that too! Hopefully she will take to it because she is already on the small side for her age!

I have my 12 week scan on Friday. So nervous as I don't feel pregnant and have been in more pain this time than with dd. but soooo excited to see little one and hear the hb. I still can't find it on the stupid Doppler!!

Anyone else have scans this week?

Just had my scan this morning at 10w4d. We have one healthy little peanut measuring right on time. They aren't really allowed to show us anything but she did at the end for us but to be honest I just don't see what they see! haha! She says its a baby I saw a blob with a flicker for the heartbeat!

Wonderful scans! :)

I am struggling with this morning sickness. It is impacting cooking for my family, keeping the house clean, etc. When I don't feel well, I have no energy to do anything. I pop Preggo Pops and that helps sometimes but ugh, I wish this would pass already. I wish I was one of those ladies who loved being pregnant but unfortunately I just don't. Oh well. It will get better!

I absolutely loved being pregnant last time, no kidding every minute of it was sheer bliss, this time ugh, I have had a couple of "I must be mad" moments :haha: I feel crap 24-7! Mind you I had the crappest labour and delivery last time too so maybe it's a good thing and our labours will be fab because our pregnancies are rubbish! :haha:

I was the same I LOVED every second of my last pregnancy but this time OMG all I want to do is lay down and try not to throw up!!. My house looks like a bomb has hit it but I just have no energy to tidy up!! So much laundry to do too urgh!

I hear ya on the laundry. Oh my. Piles and piled

Baby Girl is 14 months. I think she's just dry nursing now - I don't hear any swallows. She wasn't getting much before I got pregnant, anyway, since she was just nursing twice a day. Now she'll go for it if I offer, but only latch for 10-15 seconds and then start playing (her latest favorite is sticking her fingers in my ears).

I'm sad that nursing is coming to a close with this one, but looking forward to the next one (though not the leaking, boulder boobs and the needing to pump all the time!).

Baby Girl has refused cow's milk when we've offered before, so I gave up trying. She loves plain, full-fat yogurt so I offer that 4-5 times per day. Maybe I'll try the frozen BM mixed with milk again, now that she's not getting anything by boob.

I was expecting dd to hate cows milk, even though she loves Greek yogurt and anything with dairy. I tried giving her a small amount last night at grandmas and she chugged it like nobody's business lol. So I guess it's time to start offering it more often :) I'm so thankful she likes it! She has been loving any and all foods from really early on. I wonder if that had something to do with it?

Xmiss and chicky I'm guessing you are having girls. :) my first to pregnancies were a dream (both boys) and my first trimester with my DD was horrible. But the rest of the pregnancy was great.

I had a pretty easy pregnancy with my daughter but I think this one is even easier. I can't tell if it's another girl or a boy. At this point I have no clue, but I'll be more than happy either way. My symptoms are still coming and going. I had some nausea on and off the past few days but today seems better so far. I have an appt on the 30th and I'm so anxious. My 12 wk scan is on Nov 11th I'm so nervous and excited.

Omg I have so much laundry to do its not funny! haha my sister in law was here all last week and between midterms, homework, my daughter's party, babysitting my 5 month old niece I am exhausted! my house hasn't been cleaned all week aside from dishes and trash =/ still playing catch up!

So TMI warning: This morning about an hour after I woke up I had to go pee, and when I did I noticed a big ping pong ball sized glob of discharge.. I have NEVER had that much discharge, not even when I lost my plug with my daughter.. It was clear but had an almost urine colored yellow tinge to it.. it looked like chicken stock =/ After a few minutes I went and listened to baby with the doppler, seems fine, heart rate was 165 so thats good.. no blood or unusual cramping after that so I didn't bother calling the dr but I really have no idea what it was.. Haven't had sex for weeks now due to my SCH, and I know I don't have an infection cause theres no unusual smell or itching.. no blood so really can't say its anything to be concerned over... just confusing and gross. Never noticed this with either of my other two, has anyone else had anything like that happen to them?

SJDsmommy can't say that I have but I know increased discharge is normal in pregnancy. Probably nothing to worry about. No blood is a good sign it's nothing.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->