May's Munchkins 2015

Nice to see you over here Mint, I hope you won't mind checking in here once in a while!

Halloween is not a big thing over here, so we probably won't have any kids coming around to trick or treat. I wouldn't mind having some candy myself though... :)

I kinda celebrate Halloween but my kids just make costumes at home. Im not even sure what my 3 year old is going to be...:shrug:. We were going to make him Spongebob and he changed his mind. Now he says superhero, so I guess we will tie a sheet around his neck LOL.

My son is going to be Santa.. LOL totally his idea.. I asked him about 4 times and each time he said he wanted to be Santa.. so we are going with it. People won't be expecting it thats for sure haha!

My daughter will be Tinkerbell :) (I was hoping to make my son Peter Pan lol but he wouldn't go for it)

As for me, I got this shirt on ebay :)

https://i61.tinypic.com/jl2juu.png

And my husband got a batman shirt that has a cape lol this is the first time him or I have "dressed up" since we have been married..

Sooo cute! My son is being Buzz Lightyear then my SO and I are being Mr & Mrs Potato Head!

Happy Halloween everyone! :witch: (That is meant to be a Halloween witch, not the af witch! :haha:)

Such cute ideas! Dd is a lady bug! Not so riginal, but a friend gave us the costume and I am all about free!!

Anyone ever flown while pregnant? We are flying on Monday snd i am a little nervous of the altitude and going through the security machine!

So I had my 12 week appointment today.This baby gave me it's first Halloween trick. My doctor couldn't find the hb on doppler so after a couple minutes she sent me for an ultrasound. Of course I was freaking out. My doctor was looking very low though, like around my pantyline, with the doppler. The ultrasound tech found it 2-3 inches above that! She said it's on the high side for 12 weeks (which fits with how I've been feeling like my clothes are fitting and my mom saying she popped early for a FTM with me). Also the baby was jumping around so the tech said she wasn't at all surprised the doctor couldn't find it. But it had a great hb of 154. Everything else is good, I got blood drawn for the Harmony test and a prescription for Pepcid. So yay. The scare was not nice but it was a treat to see this baby when I wasn't expecting to. Isn't it a cute baby-shaped blob? And I've gained 5 lbs, which is less than I was expecting so that's something.

Only other news is that we found out DH's cousin is getting married in CA on July 25. I think we'll be attempting a cross-country flight with an 8 week-ish old. Should be interesting!

Attachments

• IMG_0894.jpg
    IMG_0894.jpg
    32.4 KB · Views: 7
Cute lil one curiousowl!!

I traveled at ten weeks with dd and it wasn't bad, she slept most of the way. Then we traveled again at ten months and it was not fun, lol. Hope your little one is a good tralveller early on too!

Cute lil one curiousowl!!

I traveled at ten weeks with dd and it wasn't bad, she slept most of the way. Then we traveled again at ten months and it was not fun, lol. Hope your little one is a good tralveller early on too!

We'll find out! All of both families live across country so this baby will be flying early and often. Thanks, that's good to hear you had an okay experience.

Such cute ideas! Dd is a lady bug! Not so riginal, but a friend gave us the costume and I am all about free!!

Anyone ever flown while pregnant? We are flying on Monday snd i am a little nervous of the altitude and going through the security machine!

I flew a TON with my first pregnancy, starting in first tri and my last flight was at 34 weeks. No big deal! There's no radiation in the security machines so no worries there. I wore compression socks to help protect against blood clots and walked every 1-2 hours to help with circulation. Those cabins are well pressurized so the altitude will be fine. Going anywhere fun??

I've got my first consultant appointment on Monday!, so nervous about what there going to say!.

Also still not got my scan date but according to the antenatal clinic the consultant appointment will consist of a scan first then I'll see the consultant. I'm not convinced though because it says nothing about getting a scan on my letter!. Has anyone in the uk had experience with consultant appointments??.

Monday couldn't come quick enough!!

Happy Halloween everyone x

That's about correct. Here we see a midwife first to check our pee, blood pressure etc, then get a scan and then see the consultant. It always takes roughly 2 hours with a lot of waiting in between. It might have change since 9 months ago and might have gotten quicker, but I'm not holding my breath. Take a good book is what I suggest.

I flew a TON with my first pregnancy, starting in first tri and my last flight was at 34 weeks. No big deal! There's no radiation in the security machines so no worries there. I wore compression socks to help protect against blood clots and walked every 1-2 hours to help with circulation. Those cabins are well pressurized so the altitude will be fine. Going anywhere fun??

We are headed to Ohio to see my grandma and aunt!

Atx614- I flew from Philly to Hawaii and back with my first and to/from Punta Cana with this one. You can refuse the xray (which I did) at security, they'll just take you to the side and a TSA agent will get to 2nd base with you lol. Seriously they even checked under each boob loll

Atx614- I flew from Philly to Hawaii and back with my first and to/from Punta Cana with this one. You can refuse the xray (which I did) at security, they'll just take you to the side and a TSA agent will get to 2nd base with you lol. Seriously they even checked under each boob loll

Hahaha lovely! That is good to know, thanks!

So I had my 12 week appointment today.This baby gave me it's first Halloween trick. My doctor couldn't find the hb on doppler so after a couple minutes she sent me for an ultrasound. Of course I was freaking out. My doctor was looking very low though, like around my pantyline, with the doppler. The ultrasound tech found it 2-3 inches above that! She said it's on the high side for 12 weeks (which fits with how I've been feeling like my clothes are fitting and my mom saying she popped early for a FTM with me). Also the baby was jumping around so the tech said she wasn't at all surprised the doctor couldn't find it. But it had a great hb of 154. Everything else is good, I got blood drawn for the Harmony test and a prescription for Pepcid. So yay. The scare was not nice but it was a treat to see this baby when I wasn't expecting to. Isn't it a cute baby-shaped blob? And I've gained 5 lbs, which is less than I was expecting so that's something.

Only other news is that we found out DH's cousin is getting married in CA on July 25. I think we'll be attempting a cross-country flight with an 8 week-ish old. Should be interesting!

What a naughty little bubba scaring you like that! But lovely picure!

LOVE the shirt!!!!!

Hello everyone! Halloween is fast approaching. If you have older kids, what are they going to be? And whether you do not not, will YOU be dressing up?

My son is going to be Santa.. LOL totally his idea.. I asked him about 4 times and each time he said he wanted to be Santa.. so we are going with it. People won't be expecting it thats for sure haha!

My daughter will be Tinkerbell :) (I was hoping to make my son Peter Pan lol but he wouldn't go for it)

As for me, I got this shirt on ebay :)

https://i61.tinypic.com/jl2juu.png

And my husband got a batman shirt that has a cape lol this is the first time him or I have "dressed up" since we have been married..

So I won't have my next ultrasound till 20 weeks which seems SO long bc I had an 8 week and 12 week ultrasound with #1. BUT, we did hear the heart beat this week (170bpm). In my heart of hearts I think I'm having a girl, and when I look back, my son was 170 bpm at 8 weeks and then 155 bpm at 12 weeks. I am very suspicious....Anybody else compared or noticed a HR trend?? Happy Saturday ladies! :coffee:

Cute pic! I had something similar this week. I had ultrasound first but then dr couldn't find heartbeat. She was checking really low too. I told her I thought the us was a little higher. She said "not likely you're only 12 weeks." After a few minutes she tried higher and found it right away. Lol. I thankfully wasn't freaking out since I had just seen it in the ultrasound. But I can imagine you had a moment of panic. So glad all is well and you got to see your little one!

Traveling with a new born is a lot easier than traveling with a toddler! haha. or a 5 month old at that... the first time we traveled with our first, he was about 5 months old. We drove for 11 hours to introduce him to his great grandparents and aunts and uncles and cousins on his dad's side. We left at night thinking he would just sleep most of the way there and that he would wake up maybe once if anything then we'd stop for breakfast and a diaper change and a feed and we'd be good to go... boy was wrong! My son had started teething that night.. (or being bothered from the teething anyway)

and he woke up every hour on the hour =/ I wish I would have known to bring teething meds.

I think babies, like all people will be good travelers or bad ones. My son is an excellent traveler. He did his first flight at around 3 months for my sisters wedding in Sweden, we also went to the Netherlands a few times. He's also good on long car journeys. My daughter on the other hand isn't as good. She's fine when she's asleep but since she only cat naps it doesn't last long! Night traveling works best for her as she has a good night time routine and slept through from 7 weeks.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->