May's Munchkins 2015

SJDsMommy, I feel you! I also want my baby to be a girl. I have a girl now and really want to give her a sister. I will also be a tad bit devastated if it is a boy but obviously thankful and grateful for just a baby of any gender! This is our last so I would really love two girls. We'll see! I have about 9 weeks to wait though. They won't do a gender scan until the 20 week scan.

I have my 20 weeks scan December 12th. It seems like ages away! I'm not sure if they will even tell us a gender because of the stupid rules we have in BC. If they won't tell us, we will go for a private one. Also, we won't know the results of genetic screening for a while because it's a 2 parts blood test, and the second part is not due for another week for me. It's weird because in the US people know at about 13-14 weeks.
Beautiful scan photo, Zoie. It looks like a real full size baby already :)

My baby measured 2 days ahead at the 8 week scan and 4 days ahead at the 12 week scan... I was told that unless there is more than a weeks difference, they won't bother changing the due date and will use the date of your last period to determine due date. Even if you know the exact day you ovulated they won't use that date..

That's what the ultra sound tech told me as well, but since I ovulated on cd 20 I told my midwife and she had a dating scan done. Since it showed that I was right, even though it was only 5 days difference than lmp, she agreed to go with the later due date. Since I was 8 days overdue with dd, I didn't want to get talked into being induced if I was a week late but was really only 2 days over due. Thank goodness my midwife agreed with me.

My doctor did change my due date even though it was only a few days. Before my dating scan, I told him I was having 31 day cycles and think I was ovulating 3 days later than a typical 28 day cycle. When he did my scan, it said I was 3 days later than my LMP would have said which was what I suspected. He said since that's the date I thought I was and the scan confirmed it, he'd changed my due date from May 24 to May 27.

I have my 20 weeks scan December 12th. It seems like ages away! I'm not sure if they will even tell us a gender because of the stupid rules we have in BC. If they won't tell us, we will go for a private one. Also, we won't know the results of genetic screening for a while because it's a 2 parts blood test, and the second part is not due for another week for me. It's weird because in the US people know at about 13-14 weeks.
Beautiful scan photo, Zoie. It looks like a real full size baby already :)

ooo snap! Our 20 week scan os 12th dec too! They did some shuffling for us as my hubby is a butcher and that time of year is a nightmare but therre was no way i was having the scan without him!
Exciting that its not really too much longer to wait!!!

I'm still waiting to feel movement so jealous of all you who have already felt it!!

Beautiful pics zoie!!

I can't wait to feel movement too. With dd I felt her areound 18-20 weeks, so hoping to feel this one sooner!! Sometimes I think I do, but pretty sure it's just gas. :haha:

So, I hate my Doppler. It worries the shit out of me. Found babies hb last Monday, but I tried Wednesday and last night and couldn't find it. Now I am so scared! Everyone says it is easy to find after 12 weeks, so that makes me worry more. Anyone else still have Doppler trouble?

SJDsMommy, I feel you! I also want my baby to be a girl. I have a girl now and really want to give her a sister. I will also be a tad bit devastated if it is a boy but obviously thankful and grateful for just a baby of any gender! This is our last so I would really love two girls. We'll see! I have about 9 weeks to wait though. They won't do a gender scan until the 20 week scan.

My doctor does the anatomy scan at 18-20 weeks but we are paying for a private scan as we did with our other two :)

Beautiful pics zoie!!

I can't wait to feel movement too. With dd I felt her areound 18-20 weeks, so hoping to feel this one sooner!! Sometimes I think I do, but pretty sure it's just gas. :haha:

So, I hate my Doppler. It worries the shit out of me. Found babies hb last Monday, but I tried Wednesday and last night and couldn't find it. Now I am so scared! Everyone says it is easy to find after 12 weeks, so that makes me worry more. Anyone else still have Doppler trouble?

You might have to try moving it around a bit.. for a while my baby was to the right and I got frustrated one day that I couldn't find it, I started moving it over toward the left and there it was! somedays its more in the middle, somedays more toward one side. try looking higher and lower and just be patient. I'm sure all is well! :) I have an anterior placenta and am able to hear it.. the other day I am pretty sure my little one was kicking at the doppler or something haha cause I would find the heart beat then hear what sounted like a tapping noise to the doppler then baby would be like an inch away from where it just was.. haha. Just remember they are very active at this stage :)

Also - Ruby and Kiss you guys are lucky haha. With my son, the ultrasound was spot on with when I ovulated which was 3 days later than what they told me. I was "officially" due on January 4th but should have been January 7th. My son was induced and born on the 10th but I'm surprised they waited so long because my blood pressure was dangerously high for weeks and when I was in the hospital, it was at a point where it could have been fatal. (and yet they still didn't give me meds until a month post partum!) My daughter was spot on, and I have no idea with this one cause it was a surprise.. seems to be growing fast though lol

I made an ultrasound apt for thurs cause I am paranoid. I thought I would be better with my second, but I guess not. :haha:

Hi ladies! How big did everyone's baby measures at their 12 week ultrasound? Also, what was the baby's heartbeat?!?

Hi ladies! How big did everyone's baby measures at their 12 week ultrasound? Also, what was the baby's heartbeat?!?

Mine was measuring 2 days ahead, not sure of numerical measurements. Heartbeat was 158!

I had the NT scan at 12w1d and the baby measured 12w6d. The ultrasound tech was joking I might have a big baby, but its sister has been very high on the growth curve the whole time so I wouldn't be surprised anyway. :) The heartbeat at the scan was 157 I think, and at my appointment later last week it was 155.

Hi Kristin, at our scan baby was measuring 12w4d (though I could of sworn I was only 11w?d as I ovulated quite late) the sonographer said baby was measuring 6cm, though at the top of the picture it says 10cm.
HB was 165 the sonographer said anywhere between 150 - 170 was normal.

My bubs hb was 145. Anything over 130 is normal I think

Mine was 4 days ahead and heart beat was 168 I believe..? don't remember exactly to be honest LOL but its been high every time I've checked on my doppler too.

I love seeing all these scan photos. Lots of really cute babes!

I had an NT u/s yesterday at 12w2d and the twins were looking great. Each were measuring a couple days ahead and moving like crazy. Both heart rates were in the 170s while seemed a little high to me, but the doc said the rates were healthy and expected for babies showing so much movement.

The only bad part was that they were having a really hard time getting the babies to cooperate so they could get a good image for NT measurements. I had 2 different u/s techs try, and then an OB. They had me change positions several times and even get up to walk and hop around to encourage twin A to change positions. The worst part was that at one point, they leaned the bed way back to hopefully get a better look and I got really light-headed and had to take a break to vomit. Kinda embarrassing, but I'm starting to get used to getting sick at inconvenient times.

All in all, I was in there for well over an hour with them pushing surprisingly hard with 2 different instruments. (They changed halfway through to a flatter one that hurt a little to try and get a more detailed image.) My belly is pretty tender today due to the prolonged prodding but the pain feels external like a bruise so I'm trying not to worry about my uterus and the babies. This was my first (non-transvaginal) u/s, so maybe this is normal. Anyone else feel pain during or after an ultrasound?

I've had pain after an abdominal ultrasound when baby is moving a lot so they have to make sudden movements with the ultrasound wand.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->