May's Munchkins 2015

I made an ultrasound apt for thurs cause I am paranoid. I thought I would be better with my second, but I guess not. :haha:

It's so hard not to worry! It took my dr forever to find hb at my 13 week
Appt last week. When I told her to check higher (just had an ultrasound and she had the wand higher) she found it.

Hoping all is well!

All in all, I was in there for well over an hour with them pushing surprisingly hard with 2 different instruments. (They changed halfway through to a flatter one that hurt a little to try and get a more detailed image.) My belly is pretty tender today due to the prolonged prodding but the pain feels external like a bruise so I'm trying not to worry about my uterus and the babies. This was my first (non-transvaginal) u/s, so maybe this is normal. Anyone else feel pain during or after an ultrasound?

During my last pregnancy, around 20 weeks, I would get lightheaded too after spending too long on my back. I mentioned it and they made me lie on my side and it passed before I got to the point of vomiting.

Oh and yes to the pain! I had some ultrasound techs press so hard on my stomach that it hurt a lot during the ultrasound and left bruises afterwards. That is what I hated the most about the ultrasounds. You should be feeling better in a few days.

Thanks everyone! So funny... I wonder why some babies move more than others? Our baby was moving around like crazy! The heartbeat was 171 (doc said was normal). I'm guessing the more active the baby is, the faster the heartbeat? Makes sense...

It is weird how some babies move so much more than others, my son was so lazy every ultrasound I had they found him sleeping with his thumb in his mouth, but this one was tap dancing standing upright and wouldn't keep still, they had to get a different sonographer to do it to get good measurements.
I wonder will it be a reflection on there little personalities

I made an ultrasound apt for thurs cause I am paranoid. I thought I would be better with my second, but I guess not. :haha:

It's so hard not to worry! It took my dr forever to find hb at my 13 week
Appt last week. When I told her to check higher (just had an ultrasound and she had the wand higher) she found it.

Hoping all is well!

I found hb on the Doppler tonight!!, I feel so much better! I want to keep my ultrasound apt though, lol. I love seeing lo!!

I had my 12 week scan this week as well. Baby measured 6 cm and 5 days ahead. The technician didn't measure the heartbeat but she did turn on the sound for a moment and estimated the heartbeat was around 130 bpm. The baby wasn't too active, but it was wriggling around a bit which was very cute :) I'm totally smitten!

My eating has improved a bit the last week, which I'm very happy about. I hope I can start eating more healthy again.

I have been sleeping rather poorly though. Does anyone else lie awake too? I felt like I was awake for hours, after which I felt so bad I started crying for more than an hour after which I finally fell asleep :(

Yes! I totally can't sleep the way I used to! I'm exhausted around 9pm and sometimes even fall asleep, but I find myself waking up really early and unable to fall back asleep... It's awful!

My hips hurt like crazy when I sleep now. I am trying to be good and sleep on y sides, but ouch!!

My hips hurt like crazy when I sleep now. I am trying to be good and sleep on y sides, but ouch!!

I can highly recommend using a pregnancy pillow! I had mine arrive on Friday and have finally been able to wake up without pain!

I have a basic U shape one that cost £20 on eBay (complete with cute owl cover! :) ) its long enough to support my back, go under my shoulders and down the front supporting stomach and then tuck the end in between my knees. Plus if you need to roll over you just need to unhook from between knees, roll over and put the other side between your knees - there's no need to manhandle it in the middle of the night when your half asleep!

Mine did too as I heard it's not good to sleep on your back after 13 weeks. But my obgyn told me that we don't have to worry until at least 20 weeks as the weight of a baby cannot do nothing to his/her blood supply at this time. I rarely sleep on my back, but being able to alternate is great! :)

Thanks ladies! I did end up getting the snoogle so I hope it works. Our dd is currently still cosleping with us so I have no room for the pillow yet. This weekend we are going to put a twin bed in our room and push it up against the wall on one side and our bed on th other. Then dd will have her own space, but still feel like she is in our bed. Then I will have room! Yay! :haha:

My hips hurt too! My chiropractor will most likely be a life saver.
I alternate between total exhaustion and sleep well to being up half of the night. Not sure what's up with that but it's frustrating.

My dd is stil cosleeping too. She doesn't seem to have any plans to quit anytime soon. I'm thinking about starting to wean her in the next couple months, so that maybe she will want her own space at night.

My hips are sore to the touch on the outside. Almost like they're bruised. Very strange!

Had my 12 week and IPS testing scan yesterday. 12+5 baby measuring 13w. HB 150. Here is my little duck.

Attachments

• 12w5d.jpg
    12w5d.jpg
    26 KB · Views: 7
Has anyone's due date changed? I can update them if you'd like.

my scan is tomorrow and im nervous/excited

Cute pic what to expect!

Samzi, I have a scan today too! What time is yours!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->