May's Munchkins 2015

SJDs, I bet things will shift around for you before the delivery. My sister was the same at about this point in her last pregnancy and the placenta moved right out of the way and she was able to avoid a section. I'm guessing that will happen for you too. I do hope the pain lets up for you soon!

PS: Maybe I'll tell my hubby I have this issue too. I sooooo don't want to be touched these days! ;)

SJDs, I've read multiple places that some odd 98% of previa diagnosed in the second tri (like at the anatomy scan) resolves itself before delivery. That is one reason anatomy scans are kind of useless for detecting previa and cause a lot of unnecessary worry.

Anyway sorry I haven't been on here in a while, it would be impossible for me to catch up at this point but I just wanted to update. I've finally been to the doctor and had my first scan, the scan put me at 1 day further than I thought I was based on ovulation, about 4 days short of my LMP date, which is all cool. The scan experience was horrible (the tech and staff were AWFUL).

My doctor started me on baby aspirin, but all the research I have read (and there is some good research out there) about it preventing pre-eclampsia says to start it AFTER the first tri, so I'm going to wait a couple weeks just to be safe with all the first tri development. The research supports about a 10% drop in chances of it reoccurring. That's a pretty significant difference, IMO. But again, that research is based on starting after the first tri.

Hope everyone is doing well!

SJDs, I bet things will shift around for you before the delivery. My sister was the same at about this point in her last pregnancy and the placenta moved right out of the way and she was able to avoid a section. I'm guessing that will happen for you too. I do hope the pain lets up for you soon!

PS: Maybe I'll tell my hubby I have this issue too. I sooooo don't want to be touched these days! ;)

HAHA! I hear ya.. for the longest time I didn't want a thing to do with him.. and I still could take it or leave it right now anyway.. but I feel bad for him.. he hasn't really gotten any since I've been pregnant anyway because I just didn't feel like it then got diagnosed with a SCH at 8 weeks and you can't have sex with one of those either.. lol.

I am PRAYING that this placenta does move.. from what I understand only about 10% of cases of placenta previa that are diagnosed before 20 weeks will still be an issue by the time it comes to deliver.. however, it is more common for it to still be an issue when it is complete =/ Really hoping my dr does her own ultrasound on Wednesday to take a farther look..

Although I had SUPER high blood pressure with my first and my 2nd came out so fast they treated her like a c-sectioned baby (she still had fluid in her lungs) my 2 previous births (which were vaginal) were a breeze! 5 hours of active labor and out comes baby. I don't know what my dr will do personally but I know most moms that have this issue at delivery are usually scheduled for a c-section at 37 weeks (sooner if necessary) because they don't want you to really dilate or anything like that because it can cause bleeding and stuff..The only good thing I can see about a c-section is picking baby's birthday.. IF it comes to that, I would be 37 weeks on April 11th.. and I would likely ask for the 12th as my date.. because my first child was born on the 10th, my 2nd on the 11th.. so I just think it would be a fun trend.. 10, 11, 12 haha.. my daughter was born Oct. 11th 2012 which in the U.S we write as 10/11/12 so thats awesome too. Of course, 37 weeks is still a bit early and I REALLY hope this baby can come on its own terms.

Thankyou for the well wishes everyone, I will let you all know if my dr says anything different on Wednesday.

Also - Good luck misspriss :) hopefully no issues this time around!

Misspriss, I have a friend who did baby aspirin to help too and they told her to start after the 1 st tri, so I think you are right!

Sjd, I hope it resolves! Seems like your ob would do a scan to check too! I am all about scans lol.

So I am now fully in maternity clothes! Anyone else? My jeans were killing me! My bump looks so much cuter this way, lol!

Well I saw her at 11+3 according to my LMP, 10+4 actual. I guess 11 and a half weeks is pretty close to 12 so that is why she said go ahead and start, ya know? But I'm waiting for 13 or 14, to be sure.

I'm also concerned about the aspirin while breastfeeding, since I'm still breastfeeding DS...

Has anyone's due date changed? I can update them if you'd like.

They have changed me to the 18th May! I'm slightly bitter about it lol I know it's only 6 days but it's 6 days extra I have to wait to meet my baby lol.

I should probably change my ticker now :haha:

I never changed my ticker because its only like a 3 day difference and I figure babies come in their own timing anyway. Docs are just estimating like us.:winkwink:

Oo never though of that :haha: good point maybe I'll change it back :p

Misspriss, I have a friend who did baby aspirin to help too and they told her to start after the 1 st tri, so I think you are right!

Sjd, I hope it resolves! Seems like your ob would do a scan to check too! I am all about scans lol.

So I am now fully in maternity clothes! Anyone else? My jeans were killing me! My bump looks so much cuter this way, lol!

Yup full blown maternity clothes here. I usually get big pretty
Fast and for sure have an obvious bump.

Anyone feeling baby move regularly??

Yup full blown maternity clothes here. I usually get big pretty
Fast and for sure have an obvious bump.

Anyone feeling baby move regularly??

I wish! I think I have felt a few movements, but not positive! Hopefully soon!

I definitely have a bump! I can still wear my regular jeans unbuttoned with a belly band and a few prepregnancy shirts look okay. I'm wearing my baggiest stuff to work to hide it since I haven't announced there yet. But at home I'm rocking the maternity tops. I like it too because I feel like in it I look more pregnant and less just fat.

I definitely have a bump! I can still wear my regular jeans unbuttoned with a belly band and a few prepregnancy shirts look okay. I'm wearing my baggiest stuff to work to hide it since I haven't announced there yet. But at home I'm rocking the maternity tops. I like it too because I feel like in it I look more pregnant and less just fat.

Agreed! Today I wore maternity leggings with a maternity shirt and my belly looked like a real bump, when I wear baggy or big clothes I just look fat. :haha:

I wear a few cute maternity shirts from time to time but I never wear maternity pants lol don't want to waste the money on them so I just wear long shirts and leave my pants unzipped and use a hair tie to button them lol I am considering buying a bella band though but might not since its nearing hoodie weather here anyway..

As far as movements go, I'm still not feeling anything too regular just yet because my placenta is in the way so I only get a few random flutters. but baby LOVES to kick or punch at the doppler when I go to listen for a heart beat lol I always hear the little thump noise then have to move the doppler an inch or so from where it was either left or right so sometimes I have to try both lol

We had an early private gender scan and found out we are having another girl! Here's the announcement I made :)

1956956_10101121414837576_4596105658922319592_o.jpg
Whoops forgot to attach :)

I'm in maternity pants full time now. My bump popped at 9 weeks and I'm now roughly the same size I was last time at 20 weeks.

I've been able to feel where baby is for about 1-2 weeks now but felt my first true movement on Friday (11+2). I've felt baby a few times since. Love it! :)

I'm in maternity clothes or yoga pants/leggings and sweaters. I won't even try my regular jeans anymore lol. I feel the baby moving almost every day! I'm loving it! Especially now that I'm mostly over the morning sickness. Woo-hoo! Baby is most active in the evenings when I'm relaxing on the couch with dd. :)

Some exciting news here! The Harmony results are in and it's a healthy...

GIRL!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->