May's Munchkins 2015

Well I mean I understand her feelings, an unexpected baby can come as a big shock for sure. But yeah - Why tell ME this? And more importantly - why not take time to let things calm down and then decide, and they seem to be doing ok so to just completely ignore that your husband wants the kid? Selfish.. As for the 3 weeks thing, maybe she meant she's 3 weeks late? or was a week late and meant she could have only conceived 3 weeks ago? Who knows..

I don't agree with what she is doing but its really none of my business to stop her. I'm just more upset about the attitude she has about it and the way she is going about things. I just don't want her to make any harsh decisions that could affect her marriage or otherwise be something she ends up regretting.
This situation is very sad and manipulating. How can you get an abortion without your husband's consent? Seems really mean to me but Im guessing she has her reasons.:shrug:

I totally agree! it is very manipulative! I did tell her she may need his consent since they are married. My husband opted for a vasectomy as we are sure this will be our last baby, I had to sign a consent form (which I was a little iffy about at first so I told him I would only do it after our first ultrasound to make sure things were ok so far) because its expensive to reverse and not guaranteed to work when reversed.. he then had to wait 30 days in case either of us changed our minds. We are open to adoption though so if we decide later on that we do want more, we will probably look into that. I love that the dr made him give me a consent form though, gives me "a say" in it. So I do hope if she goes through with an abortion and or sterilization that he has to give his consent too..

We had our gender confirmation scan today and I am definitely team blue!!! :happydance:

At 15 weeks I am hoping that it is pretty certain, but not sure! The tech said she is 100% sure. Still probably won't buy until our 20 week, but it will be hard. Maybe a few things! Lol.

How did it go day missz?

My DHs cousin had a scan at 16 weeks and they said girl but it was a boy at 20! But I think it is less likely to see boy and it really be a girl, KWIM? Still 20 weeks might be more reassuring?

I totally agree! it is very manipulative! I did tell her she may need his consent since they are married. My husband opted for a vasectomy as we are sure this will be our last baby, I had to sign a consent form (which I was a little iffy about at first so I told him I would only do it after our first ultrasound to make sure things were ok so far) because its expensive to reverse and not guaranteed to work when reversed.. he then had to wait 30 days in case either of us changed our minds. We are open to adoption though so if we decide later on that we do want more, we will probably look into that. I love that the dr made him give me a consent form though, gives me "a say" in it. So I do hope if she goes through with an abortion and or sterilization that he has to give his consent too..
yeah im sure there is something that her husband will likely have to sign!

We had our gender confirmation scan today and I am definitely team blue!!! :happydance:

At 15 weeks I am hoping that it is pretty certain, but not sure! The tech said she is 100% sure. Still probably won't buy until our 20 week, but it will be hard. Maybe a few things! Lol.

How did it go day missz?

Congrats! We dont get gender scans until 20 weeks here.

My DHs cousin had a scan at 16 weeks and they said girl but it was a boy at 20! But I think it is less likely to see boy and it really be a girl, KWIM? Still 20 weeks might be more reassuring?

Ah! That would be crazy! Ya, I can wait 5 weeks to buy!

All our hard work and perseverance paid off!!!

Stitch is booked in for Tuesday fingers crossed the op goes well and so does the recovery!! I'm happy I have a damn good shot at being in this for the long run now :D

So excited and nervous for my scan. Its in the afternoon. I don't know why I didn't ask for a morning appointment.. I went with the time she offered but I booked it two months ago so surely there were other openings that day lol oh well.. its just going to be a long morning thats for sure..

I'm not sure about American law, but over here a woman has the final say in decisions like this. The idea is that in the end, you have the right to decide about your own body and you cannot force a woman to carry a pregnancy to term against her wish and deny her her right to her own body for nine months. Though this may be difficult for the father to be, it is a way of thinking that I support.

I don't know what Federal law here says but I think every state is different. I know where I live is it considered a "mommy" state so probably does favor the moms. She lives in another state though so not sure what goes on there.. I know that many parts of the country are working on "Father's" rights too though.

As for my ultrasound - I am going nuts waiting already! I am so nervous lol I'm probably going to take a shower then go pick up my son from my grandfather's house (he spent the night with him last night) even though we are going there for dinner tonight like we usually do on Fridays, I want my son to be at the ultrasound with us. I guess I have a bit of cleaning to do as well so Maybe I'll do that first. My ultrasound is at 1:30 and its currently 6:48 AM here so I will let you all know when we get home! :)

Ohh its already nearly 2pm here so when i saw you'd posted i got excited thinking you'd know now!! Silly me forgeting about stupid time diffrence!!
Good luck later sjd!!

I'm not sure about American law, but over here a woman has the final say in decisions like this. The idea is that in the end, you have the right to decide about your own body and you cannot force a woman to carry a pregnancy to term against her wish and deny her her right to her own body for nine months. Though this may be difficult for the father to be, it is a way of thinking that I support.

Yes, agreed. I think it's important that the woman is protected, especially in cases of domestic abuse, etc.

Yes, agreed. I think it's important that the woman is protected, especially in cases of domestic abuse, etc.
Yes I can understand the womens rights being protected as well, its just really hard all around. I hope she makes the right decision for herself and her family, whatever that may be.

In a way I agree - the mother should get to say what she wants to do with her body but I also disagree - its the baby she is deciding the fate of... This video pretty much sums up my thoughts.. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3bLMNa3gWAo

but again - I'm not wanting to go into the prolife/prochoice debate. My point was - this woman is going to do it despite her husband's wishes and THAT is not right. I do not think it is ok for a married woman who is in a healthy relationship to decide this without spouse consent and that is my issue with this =/

We'll be leaving for our scan in about 45 minutes! I am so nervous haha

Wow I can' believe some of you are finding out the gender already! EEK! My gender/anatomy scan isn't until 20 weeks in January.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->