McDonalds or anti McDonalds

I would let my child have it once in a while when hes older maybe but not all the time as it isnt good.xxx

I agree too. Before I had G I had it all worked out. I would never ever smack her, I wouldn't co-sleep, I would BF (technically not my own choice) and I would never feed her anything like chips and chocolate and would always make my own food so I knew what was in it.

When she was born I only BF'ed for 2 weeks. She came into my bed a few times because I was so tired. When she is tantruming now I sometimes smack her hand. And if we are in a rush and FF is most convinient then yes, she will have some chips or chicken nuggets and she does have chocolate and sweets. As a single mother (and terrible cook) I don't have the time nor money to constantly buy fresh food to make every single one of her meals from scratch and more often than not I use jarred sauces and frozen veg. She's still alive...

Until you have physically have a child you can't say for definite that you will do/won't do certain things. It all changes once they're here

Totally agree Apple. I was reflecting on this the other day. I have much stricter ideas when first pregnant than I have now. Both about what I would do and how I judged others' parenting. We're only human and we do what we need to do to make things work. In the end kids generally turn out alright.

I'll buck the trend

I had nothing planned :rofl:

sorry just looking at your siggy and wanted to wish you luck on TTC#3! I got pregnant with Kelana (also my 3rd) and had her when I was 35. Everything went great. My other two kids are 7 and (almost) 6.

Niamh's had McDonalds....twice I think?

Both times she's had a fruit bag, chicken nuggets and milk :lol:

The Mum Police best come lock me up now...

I'll buck the trend

I had nothing planned :rofl:

sorry just looking at your siggy and wanted to wish you luck on TTC#3! I got pregnant with Kelana (also my 3rd) and had her when I was 35. Everything went great. My other two kids are 7 and (almost) 6.
Awww thankyou that's very sweet :)

Get our sperm results this week eeeek here's hoping the reversal has worked!

Reminds me of Bianca from eastenders. She only makes them kids Chicken Nuggets cos its all they eat.. Did you see the episode where they had them for breakfast and Pat was looking at them strangely asking if they could pass the Marmalade. :rofl:

the only things i had planned were bf'ing

and that didnt go to plan :(

funnily though i have the same plan i am 200% definetly bf'ing this time but this time i'm grabbing all the support i can get my hands on :)

watch this space lol

logan will have a mc d's every now and then, onced a month or sometimes longer, i get him a chicken nugget happy meal and ask for no salt on the chips he then either has a fruit shoot, milk or a strawberry milkshake to be honest its normally a waste of money he takes a couple bites of of a nugget or two eats a couple chips then just sits there n drinks his drink, he loves strawberry minkshakes but he doesnt get one every time, then it daddys job to finish the happy meal,

he didnt have his first mc donalds until he was about 1 1/2 years or so though, he didnt have chocolate until his 1st birthday either (we got him a chocolate cake)
x

I do. My 12 yr old probably first had it when he was about 2. I do get it about once a month.

I will be doing the same for Jess, about 18 months ish. I dont see anything wrong in giving them McDonalds in moderation.

see what I don't get is when people say my child has a sausage roll because its convenient, surely its just as convenient to get ur child a take away tuna sandwich or something if ur busy and out, or pop to tesco and get a bread roll and put some cheese or something in it. Convenient food does not need to be unhealthy and i think its a bit of a lame excuse for giving kids crap..
Yestersay we were out and I had a sausage roll and my little girl had some, not because it was convenient because i could just as easy have given her a banana ( which she had first ) she wanted a taste and i gave it to her, I dont see the big deal ???....I just think people make excuses when they really dont have to. It's your child and give them what you like, all Im trying to point out is parents saying that they are busy bla bla so we had to go in mcdonalds.....there are healthy eating places on the run too :)

we had a mcdonalds for lunch it was mine and rhys's treat

i had a big mac brger, and he had fish fingers a fruit bag and water. big deal!!!!!

there were hundres of families in there having a quick bite to eat while out doing shopping,
unless you eat there breakfast, dinner, and tea there is no harm whatsoever any doctor would tell you the same, moderation is the key.

Now, will you let your little ones eat Mcdonalds. All lovely processed food full of fat, full of salt, preservatives for breakfast, lunch or tea? Air your thoughts :coffee:

He hasnt had any yet and wont for a fair while (at least untill he is about 5) but yes on a rare occasion I will let him have one or some of mine.
Within reason I dont see the harm in it but im confused by why you want to know what others will do when you clearly have already condemed the idea of it and made it out to be rotten from the start.
Maybe you didnt mean it that way but it kinda comes across as "im not doing it but who else is going to feed their kids this poisen"

some sandwiches are actually horrendous in fat and calorie levels. Same with salads :shrug: M&S are bad.

but i agree with your sentiments sparkle. I give amelie a mcds cos I want one and shes there and its far easier to get her something from mcds too than going to find something a bit more healthy lol

Now, will you let your little ones eat Mcdonalds. All lovely processed food full of fat, full of salt, preservatives for breakfast, lunch or tea? Air your thoughts :coffee:

I think when the time eventually comes that LO is old enough, then I don't see the problem really.
Moderation is the key!

some sandwiches are actually horrendous in fat and calorie levels. Same with salads :shrug: M&S are bad.

but i agree with your sentiments sparkle. I give amelie a mcds cos I want one and shes there and its far easier to get her something from mcds too than going to find something a bit more healthy lol

i agree, subways sandwhiches are horrendous, and a tuna sandwich white bread is rife with sugars.

think people look and mcdonalds and think huge fat kids that have a face full of spots,

but really on the grand scale of ting giving your children a treat now and again wont kill them its if you give them a crap diet constantly and they sit in front of the tv with no excercise at all,
a burger now and again c'mon. what it would be to be perfect 24/7 huh :lol:

I agree with Blah! most pre-packed sandwiches are FULL of salt and additives and not as healthy as you may think.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
over35tryin
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->