Meals for a 5-6 month old?

mernie

Mom and Pregnant with #2!
Reaction score
Kind of at a loss so figured I'd ask. What are you LO's eating at 5-6 months?

currently alexander has been introduced to pretty well all the veggies with no problem.

What I have done is puree'd the veg I know he likes and then I mix and match.

So yesterday he had the following;

Breakfast - 3 tbsp of mixed fruit cereal
Lunch - 1 tbsp carrots, 1 tsbp sweet potato, 1 tbsp chicken - all mixed together
Supper - 1 tbsp sweet potato, 1 tsbp apple, 1 tbsp chicken - all mixed and 1.5 tbsp oats

He has only had pears and apples for fruits and loves them so I haven't moved very far from that. But once I do I will continue to mix and match my frozen purees.

so far Edward eats the following (not necessarily in the order I introducted them, just in the order I remember)

Rice Cereal
Oat Cereal
Barley Cereal

Carrots
Peas
Sweet Potato

Apples
Watermelon
Avacodo
Bananas

Chicken

I only give him breakfast and supper at this point. I'm just starting to think that we should start adding lunch but I'm not quite ready yet. Normally breakfast is cereal and veggies and supper is meat (just started, before that it was cereal) and fruit.

Mine didn't eat anything before 6 months, but once we did start weaning we gave them a little of whatever were eating at all meal times. DD1 first actually ate something at about 8 months and DD2 managed to ingest some banana at about 7 months lol!

With BLW you just give them healthy, nutritious food from your own plate. A good balance of fruit, vegetables and carbohydrates. They also need a bit more fat than adults do and less fibre.

Good first foods are strips of bell peppers, carrot, cucumber, florets of broccoli and whole apples and pears. Strips of chicken are a good first meat and lumps of cheese are also good.

The important thing is to give them a lot of options and they will instinctively pick out the foods that provide them with whatever their systems are lacking.

It was just a simple fruit or veg puree for us at that age.

archie is almost 6 months and eats every kind of fruit and veg pureed and as finger food, we are just starting to introduce meat ansd fish at 6 months

leyla started being weaned at 5 1/2 months and for the first week she had only baby rice, i gradually increased the amount she had so that by the end of the week she was having say 1tbsp, then i moved her onto 1 tbsp carrot and other root vegetable purees, carrots, sweet potato, swede...then when she was well established on that, say after another week, i started giving her apple / pear puree for breakfast and the vegetable puree for tea...when she was established on that and as soon as she was 6 months i introduced chicken, fish and beef in a stew type thing for lunch, moved the vegetable puree to tea, but mixed it with other things like pasta and rice, and kept the fruit puree for breakfast but added cereal, like porridge or weetabix, or just baby rice she has sometimes, leyla has every meal twice, so whatever she eats on monday she eats exactly the same on tuesday, thats so u can see if she has a reaction to any of the food

if u need any more help babes feel free to pm me, i have stressed and stressed over this and have finally figured it out lol so am more than willing to help if you need me to :)

x

x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"