Meccano for almost 6 year old?

Bevziibubble

Reaction score

I don't know much about Meccano but my husband suggested it for our DS who will be almost 6 at Christmas. He loves building things so he thought it would be a good gift idea for him. Does 6 seem a suitable age to be able to use it properly does anyone know? Thanks :)

I can't remember which type of that sort of thing we had, but I do feel with things like that it generally depends on the child, Nate would have still had it all in his mouth at 6, and Seth even now would get frustrated when it didnt go perfectly right away, but Jimi would have been brilliant with it. If you're unsure though I was looking at building/stem toys the other day and saw they do a meccano junior for ages 5-8

Not sure about meccano as we've never had that.
The girls did get a gravitrax set last year and they enjoyed it but dd2 (7) would rather we set it up for her...dd1 (9) would make her own set ups. I think it depends on the child as MOB mentioned above x

Is that the metal ones ? I thought they were more for older kids but your DS might be ok if he’s a bit more sensible or under the supervision of your DH.

Have you looked into Knex sets Bev. X

Is that the metal ones ? I thought they were more for older kids but your DS might be ok if he’s a bit more sensible or under the supervision of your DH.

Have you looked into Knex sets Bev. X

I'll have a look :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AngelMom1012
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"